Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#345088 - 08/10/08 11:16 AM Another Lengthy Introduction
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Hello to all here!
Just a post to introduce myself.

I only very recently picked up Anton LaVey's books and, as I read them, I realized for the first time there was someone else out there like myself. I see now that I have always been a Satanist in thought, even though I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness! I was raised in this sick cult (JW, see above), and they tried to fully indoctrinate me into thinking like they did. It never took, and I left the religion, and home, at 16. I went on a search for what I called "true spirituality" at the time, and this took me through many different types of philosophies, religions, and ideas. However, none of them were satisfying to me, so I just developed my own ideas and then pretty much kept them to myself.

So, when I read Dr. LaVey's words I was pleasantly surprised to see that what I had come to believe naturally in my life had already been written down and understood by someone else long before I figured it out. On top of that, his insights were far beyond my own, so I have learned and grown so much from his experiences as well.

I then picked up The Satanic Witch and read about myself. At least, that is how it seemed, ha-ha! That book described me very well!

So, here I am to say hello and hopefully make a few new friends or at least have some enlightening discussions about life.

I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining, fashion, ballets, operas, symphonies, dark classical music like Wagner or Beethoven, gardening, cultural events, museums, planetariums, and anything artistic. I am a professional novelist and poetess and am working on my masterwork, a trilogy that subtlely attacks ignorant belief systems while providing what I hope will be an entertaining read.

Okay, this is enough for now. Thank you for taking the time to read this, it is appreciated.

#345089 - 08/10/08 11:19 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
This is the best introduction I have read in a long time.

You seem to be a very level headed lady, and quite successful to boot. I look forward to seeing your interactions here.

Welcome!

#345090 - 08/10/08 11:35 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: TheDegenerate]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you smile for reading my post and for your response. It is to my honor to be here, since I am sure that there are many discussions of a very intelligent nature.
In fact, I was just reading one under the title of The Church of Satan and “people” . It was an excellently well-written and forthright viewpoint.

#345091 - 08/10/08 11:37 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Originally Posted By: Danielle Alicia
I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining

You're a good lady! devilchili

Welcome!

#345097 - 08/10/08 12:06 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Philotechnic]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Well, thank you! I am Norman-French and love to cook. I have dinner parties and personally prepare several course meals. I try to provide an authentic French-Country dining experience (except for actually killing the chicken myself, lol).
The dinner lasts for hours, and it is all about a long indulgence of the senses coupled with great conversation. I very carefully choose my guests to generate wonderfully specific and varied discourse about our individual passions in life.
My rosemary-lemon chicken with pearl onions and deglazed wine sauce is always a hit!

#345106 - 08/10/08 12:43 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Templar LXVI Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Danielle Alicia
Hello to all here!
I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining, fashion, ballets, operas, symphonies, dark classical music like Wagner or Beethoven, gardening, cultural events, museums, planetariums, and anything artistic.

Operas! Wagner! I think that you and I going to get along well. Your introduction was a pleasure to read.

LXVI

#345116 - 08/10/08 01:08 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you for welcoming me. You know, I adore Richard Wagner. His Der Ring des Nibelungen has greatly influenced my trilogy. I too, am fascinated by the mythical lore of giants! When you tie it all in with power that corrupts it is brilliant, because its metaphorical offerings are tempered with a correct aesthetic distance that belie its emotional components.

To fully experience Wagner, it is my opinion that one see his operas in a theatre that can handle the heavily-ladened back end of bass he originally designed. He completely redesigned the orchestra and when the orchestra played, the rafters shook! It is hard to get that in a recording and stereo at home, although attempts have been made by yours truly. smile

#345125 - 08/10/08 02:15 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Wagner operas and gourmet cooking are excellent interests smile

Your trilogy sounds interesting. I read a tetralogy a few years ago by science fiction writer Stephen Donaldson which was very much influenced by Der Ring des Niebelungen. It is very interesting how these old stories still lend themselves to new interpretations.

Welcome to LttD.

#345127 - 08/10/08 02:21 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Welcome to the board! (And congratulations on escaping from the Witnesses.)

-Chess

#345128 - 08/10/08 02:28 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Emerald Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
Welcome my dear. I'm certain you will enjoy your time here.

I too am into the darker, classical compositions. Check out Le'rue Delashay on the CoS Emporium or at EveningEclipse.com. There are sample files there to which you can listen. I love his compositions.

#345130 - 08/10/08 02:47 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: verszou]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: verszou
Wagner operas and gourmet cooking are excellent interests smile

Your trilogy sounds interesting. I read a tetralogy a few years ago by science fiction writer Stephen Donaldson which was very much influenced by Der Ring des Niebelungen. It is very interesting how these old stories still lend themselves to new interpretations.

Welcome to LttD.

Thank you! My trilogy has fascinated me for a long time. I first began work on it in 1990 and realized its epic literary proportions and decided to hold off completing it until my life experiences and writing skills caught up with the story I envisioned. In the meantime, I wrote several other novels and continued my research into the composites of what would become, M.E.M.B.E.R.S. It consists of giants, nephilim, historical ideas of sin and salvation, the Book of Enoch, secret societies and magic, all in an apocalyptic thriller genre that will undoubtedly illicit book burnings (if successful) upon release. I am attacking churches but doing so by playing their game at the same time. I figured I would take my upbringing and knowledge and use it against them in a way they don't see coming and can't quite put their finger on. My work is an attempt to create my own mythology, since many humans have a need for such things.
Oh, and about the book burnings: I will gladly toss the first match and renounce my own work as I am sure it will bring about more sales. smile witch coopdevil

#345132 - 08/10/08 02:55 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Chess]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Chess
Welcome to the board! (And congratulations on escaping from the Witnesses.)

Awww...I greatly appreciated your congratulations. Yes! I am a very fortunate survivor of that insidious cult, it is true. They have claimed many minds, and even lives, with their lies.

For instance, they are against blood transfusions, even if it is to save their own lives. Well, at least this was their official policy when I was growing up. So many people died because of refusing blood in an emergency situation; and, there were many other people affected by these losses who had to see their dear loved ones (spouses, family, children)--some at very young ages-- die unnecessarily. Many spouses and parents had to pass the rest of their time in great pain over untimely deaths of people they cared about.

Then, years later, the JW's changed their opinion and said that now blood transfusions were "a matter of conscience" and that a person could either accept one or not, and it was all okay with "God." Imagine this betrayal for those whose family members were already gone...never to return!

-Chess

#345133 - 08/10/08 02:59 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Anyone who likes Wagner at least has something right.

#345134 - 08/10/08 03:00 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Emerald]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Emerald
Welcome my dear. I'm certain you will enjoy your time here.

I too am into the darker, classical compositions. Check out Le'rue Delashay on the COS Emporium or at EveningEclipse.com. There are sample files there to which you can listen. I love his compositions.

I greatly appreciated your post! I think we are on the same musical track. I have already bought two Delashay cd's (still waiting on delivery of one, The Cycle of Fifths), and am enjoying his work greatly. The Law of 8ve is excellent, and I play it quite a bit. It is on my bathroom counter next to my stereo there, alongside Grieg and Gregorian Chants. smile

#345135 - 08/10/08 03:02 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: LeviathanXIII
Anyone who likes Wagner at least has something right.

Lol! Thank you, kind sir.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12113 Members
73 Forums
43870 Topics
405527 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements