Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#345088 - 08/10/08 11:16 AM Another Lengthy Introduction
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Hello to all here!
Just a post to introduce myself.

I only very recently picked up Anton LaVey's books and, as I read them, I realized for the first time there was someone else out there like myself. I see now that I have always been a Satanist in thought, even though I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness! I was raised in this sick cult (JW, see above), and they tried to fully indoctrinate me into thinking like they did. It never took, and I left the religion, and home, at 16. I went on a search for what I called "true spirituality" at the time, and this took me through many different types of philosophies, religions, and ideas. However, none of them were satisfying to me, so I just developed my own ideas and then pretty much kept them to myself.

So, when I read Dr. LaVey's words I was pleasantly surprised to see that what I had come to believe naturally in my life had already been written down and understood by someone else long before I figured it out. On top of that, his insights were far beyond my own, so I have learned and grown so much from his experiences as well.

I then picked up The Satanic Witch and read about myself. At least, that is how it seemed, ha-ha! That book described me very well!

So, here I am to say hello and hopefully make a few new friends or at least have some enlightening discussions about life.

I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining, fashion, ballets, operas, symphonies, dark classical music like Wagner or Beethoven, gardening, cultural events, museums, planetariums, and anything artistic. I am a professional novelist and poetess and am working on my masterwork, a trilogy that subtlely attacks ignorant belief systems while providing what I hope will be an entertaining read.

Okay, this is enough for now. Thank you for taking the time to read this, it is appreciated.

#345089 - 08/10/08 11:19 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
This is the best introduction I have read in a long time.

You seem to be a very level headed lady, and quite successful to boot. I look forward to seeing your interactions here.

Welcome!

#345090 - 08/10/08 11:35 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: TheDegenerate]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you smile for reading my post and for your response. It is to my honor to be here, since I am sure that there are many discussions of a very intelligent nature.
In fact, I was just reading one under the title of The Church of Satan and “people” . It was an excellently well-written and forthright viewpoint.

#345091 - 08/10/08 11:37 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Originally Posted By: Danielle Alicia
I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining

You're a good lady! devilchili

Welcome!

#345097 - 08/10/08 12:06 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Philotechnic]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Well, thank you! I am Norman-French and love to cook. I have dinner parties and personally prepare several course meals. I try to provide an authentic French-Country dining experience (except for actually killing the chicken myself, lol).
The dinner lasts for hours, and it is all about a long indulgence of the senses coupled with great conversation. I very carefully choose my guests to generate wonderfully specific and varied discourse about our individual passions in life.
My rosemary-lemon chicken with pearl onions and deglazed wine sauce is always a hit!

#345106 - 08/10/08 12:43 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Templar LXVI Offline

Loc: Australia
Hello to all here!
I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining, fashion, ballets, operas, symphonies, dark classical music like Wagner or Beethoven, gardening, cultural events, museums, planetariums, and anything artistic.

Operas! Wagner! I think that you and I going to get along well. Your introduction was a pleasure to read.

LXVI

#345116 - 08/10/08 01:08 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Templar LXVI]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you for welcoming me. You know, I adore Richard Wagner. His Der Ring des Nibelungen has greatly influenced my trilogy. I too, am fascinated by the mythical lore of giants! When you tie it all in with power that corrupts it is brilliant, because its metaphorical offerings are tempered with a correct aesthetic distance that belie its emotional components.

To fully experience Wagner, it is my opinion that one see his operas in a theatre that can handle the heavily-ladened back end of bass he originally designed. He completely redesigned the orchestra and when the orchestra played, the rafters shook! It is hard to get that in a recording and stereo at home, although attempts have been made by yours truly. smile

#345125 - 08/10/08 02:15 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Wagner operas and gourmet cooking are excellent interests smile

Your trilogy sounds interesting. I read a tetralogy a few years ago by science fiction writer Stephen Donaldson which was very much influenced by Der Ring des Niebelungen. It is very interesting how these old stories still lend themselves to new interpretations.

Welcome to LttD.

#345127 - 08/10/08 02:21 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Welcome to the board! (And congratulations on escaping from the Witnesses.)

-Chess

#345128 - 08/10/08 02:28 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Emerald Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
Welcome my dear. I'm certain you will enjoy your time here.

I too am into the darker, classical compositions. Check out Le'rue Delashay on the CoS Emporium or at EveningEclipse.com. There are sample files there to which you can listen. I love his compositions.

#345130 - 08/10/08 02:47 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: verszou]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: verszou
Wagner operas and gourmet cooking are excellent interests smile

Your trilogy sounds interesting. I read a tetralogy a few years ago by science fiction writer Stephen Donaldson which was very much influenced by Der Ring des Niebelungen. It is very interesting how these old stories still lend themselves to new interpretations.

Welcome to LttD.

Thank you! My trilogy has fascinated me for a long time. I first began work on it in 1990 and realized its epic literary proportions and decided to hold off completing it until my life experiences and writing skills caught up with the story I envisioned. In the meantime, I wrote several other novels and continued my research into the composites of what would become, M.E.M.B.E.R.S. It consists of giants, nephilim, historical ideas of sin and salvation, the Book of Enoch, secret societies and magic, all in an apocalyptic thriller genre that will undoubtedly illicit book burnings (if successful) upon release. I am attacking churches but doing so by playing their game at the same time. I figured I would take my upbringing and knowledge and use it against them in a way they don't see coming and can't quite put their finger on. My work is an attempt to create my own mythology, since many humans have a need for such things.
Oh, and about the book burnings: I will gladly toss the first match and renounce my own work as I am sure it will bring about more sales. smile witch coopdevil

#345132 - 08/10/08 02:55 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Chess]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Chess
Welcome to the board! (And congratulations on escaping from the Witnesses.)

Awww...I greatly appreciated your congratulations. Yes! I am a very fortunate survivor of that insidious cult, it is true. They have claimed many minds, and even lives, with their lies.

For instance, they are against blood transfusions, even if it is to save their own lives. Well, at least this was their official policy when I was growing up. So many people died because of refusing blood in an emergency situation; and, there were many other people affected by these losses who had to see their dear loved ones (spouses, family, children)--some at very young ages-- die unnecessarily. Many spouses and parents had to pass the rest of their time in great pain over untimely deaths of people they cared about.

Then, years later, the JW's changed their opinion and said that now blood transfusions were "a matter of conscience" and that a person could either accept one or not, and it was all okay with "God." Imagine this betrayal for those whose family members were already gone...never to return!

-Chess

#345133 - 08/10/08 02:59 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Anyone who likes Wagner at least has something right.

#345134 - 08/10/08 03:00 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Emerald]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Emerald
Welcome my dear. I'm certain you will enjoy your time here.

I too am into the darker, classical compositions. Check out Le'rue Delashay on the COS Emporium or at EveningEclipse.com. There are sample files there to which you can listen. I love his compositions.

I greatly appreciated your post! I think we are on the same musical track. I have already bought two Delashay cd's (still waiting on delivery of one, The Cycle of Fifths), and am enjoying his work greatly. The Law of 8ve is excellent, and I play it quite a bit. It is on my bathroom counter next to my stereo there, alongside Grieg and Gregorian Chants. smile

#345135 - 08/10/08 03:02 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: LeviathanXIII
Anyone who likes Wagner at least has something right.

Lol! Thank you, kind sir.

#345136 - 08/10/08 03:02 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Emerald Offline

Very good. Nice to have a "kindred spirit" in the musical world. Enjoy!

#345138 - 08/10/08 03:09 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Emerald]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

You know, Emerald, I am in the process of writing a suggestion to the local symphony here to include a "Night of Diablous in Musica," or, at least, "A Night of the Tritone," for a more family-friendly sounding title. I am in Utah, so the latter may do more efficiently.
I figured it would a be a great idea to have an evening of nothing but really dark, classical music. Wouldn't that be great?

#345142 - 08/10/08 03:31 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Emerald Offline

I think that would be lovely myself.

#345152 - 08/10/08 03:54 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Emerald]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Absolutely agree! So, who are some of your favorite composers and also, what are your most cherished musical pieces?

Edited by Danielle Alicia (08/10/08 03:56 PM)

#345155 - 08/10/08 04:09 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Thank you for the intro.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#345160 - 08/10/08 04:40 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Emerald Offline

A list--

A Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky
Symphonie Fantastique- 5th Movement by Hector Berlioz
Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
Anything by Le'rue Delashay
In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg

These are my favorites. I would have to say Moonlight Sonata is my all time favorite. I can never tire of listening to it.

#345166 - 08/10/08 05:29 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Thank you for the intro.

Thank you for taking the time to read it. smile

#345168 - 08/10/08 05:33 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Emerald]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

A list--

A Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky
Symphonie Fantastique- 5th Movement by Hector Berlioz
Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
Anything by Le'rue Delashay
In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg

These are my favorites. I would have to say Moonlight Sonata is my all time favorite. I can never tire of listening to it.

Absolutely excellent selections, thank you so much for sharing. I have decided to put on Moonlight Sonata and listen to it in honor of your post. The first movement is always astounding to me; it seems to be either sad or happy, melancholic or ambiguous depending on my mood while listening.

#345169 - 08/10/08 05:39 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:
I am into gourmet cooking, fine dining, fashion, ballets, operas, symphonies, dark classical music like Wagner or Beethoven, gardening, cultural events, museums, planetariums, and anything artistic.

I think We may have been split at birth. wink

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the introduction. I enjoyed reading it.

PS: You have lovely eyes.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#345170 - 08/10/08 05:44 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I am into gourmet cooking,

I just want to know.....

Can you cook the FRIED CHICKEN!!??

#345171 - 08/10/08 05:45 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Ah, my sister at last! smile
Thank you for the compliment. My eyes are green and bright--everyone always asks me if I am wearing colored contacts, and the answer is...nope. They are just mine; genetics gave them to me, that is all it was. I often joke and say I had them tattooed that way. It makes me laugh really hard, though, when someone then seriously responds with, "really?"
Yep, that actually happens.

#345172 - 08/10/08 05:48 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Callier

I just want to know.....

My dear, I make Colonel Sanders, Popeyes, and Churches all look like rapers of good fried chicken. So, your answer is yes, I make the best fried chicken you will have ever tasted.

#345173 - 08/10/08 05:51 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

I just want to know.....

Sigh. My dear you are incorrigible. coopdevil

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345175 - 08/10/08 05:55 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Alright. That's it.

Fuck my job. I'm moving to Utah! coopdevil

#345176 - 08/10/08 05:58 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Utah is the place to be! So much herd, so much time to play with their minds, so little time.

#345177 - 08/10/08 05:59 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve
Sigh. My dear you are incorrigible. coopdevil

Hey if anyone has to eat fried chicken around here then it has to be ME! grin

#345178 - 08/10/08 06:02 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Has to eat it? I realize this is not in response to me, and that I may have missed something here, but isn't good fried chicken magically delicious?

#345181 - 08/10/08 06:07 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

No, you didn't miss anything. You simply don't know how Devilishy funny Warlock Callier is yet.

I get some of My best material from him...

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345183 - 08/10/08 06:08 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

He seems to be a very fun guy and I like him a lot already. smile

#345187 - 08/10/08 06:23 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you.

And I mean has as in has to eat it because I'm black and if black people don't eat fried chicken then they die. jack

#345204 - 08/10/08 07:12 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Hmmm...well, all I can say is that I love fried chicken more than anyone I know!

#345215 - 08/10/08 07:40 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Thank you.

And I mean has as in has to eat it because I'm black and if black people don't eat fried chicken then they die. jack

Holy SHIT! You're black? I just thought you had a deep tan being that you live in sunny California.

I'm trying to recall the Comedian who talked about racism in the south... he asked the question "Have you ever been so shocked/offended that you just couldn't react"?

He said he went into a diner in the south and before ordering the man behind the counter said "You'll have the chicken". He then said "Well how did you know that!!??" Then he went further to say that he was afraid to eat chicken in public because he just knew that there were white people watching him saying "Look at him...eating that chicken...and....he's ENJOYING IT"!

I'll look it up..I recently saw it on an HBO special and just can't recall the Comedians name right now. Might be Dave Chappelle but don't quote Me on that.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345217 - 08/10/08 07:43 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evening Rain Offline

Utah is the place to be! So much herd, so much time to play with their minds, so little time.

I'd be interested in hearing your games with the mormons. I had one live by me as a kid and she always preached to me. I read here about the law of chastity which even prohibits masturbation, cybersex, or even thinking about sex. That's ridiculous.

#345219 - 08/10/08 07:47 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

You are right, it was Dave Chappelle. That bit was hilarious because it is easily applied to so many different things.
And, I am shocked that Callier is black too. I just thought he was really cute.

#345220 - 08/10/08 07:55 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evening Rain]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Daark Angel

I'd be interested in hearing your games with the mormons. I had one live by me as a kid and she always preached to me. I read here about the law of chastity which even prohibits masterbation, cybersex, or even thinking about sex. That's ridiculous.

I agree, it is insane. However, I kill them with kindness, actually. The funny thing is, they think anyone who is a Satanist must be mean, unkind and sick. But, I treat many of these people so well they end up loving me and then, when I do drop the "bomb" on them that I am actually not a Christian, they are shocked! That's when some of them have re-examined their beliefs that non-Christians are all bad people. I, in effect, hold up a mirror for them to look into and see the unsavory aspects of themselves. They learn something valuable in the exchange and I have caused a few people in my lifetime to leave the church because of it. Satan was a lady, after all. I combat Christianity by knowing their game--and then playing with a clear heart--in it. Just my two cents, for what it's worth. smile

#345222 - 08/10/08 08:08 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evening Rain Offline

they think anyone who is a Satanist must be mean, unkind and sick.

Do you actually bring up satanism with them? and tell them you are a satanist?

#345223 - 08/10/08 08:15 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evening Rain]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Yes, at times I have. It depends upon the situation. To do that, you must have properly applied many of the principles in The Satanic Witch first. Whenever I have brought it up, it has always been very well-received because of proper timing and planning.

Edited by Danielle Alicia (08/10/08 08:15 PM)

#345247 - 08/10/08 10:48 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
You had us all by hello. grin

My former girlfriend is one of the wit-less so I know (vaguely) what you have been forced to trudge through. I'm surprised that they don't produce more psychopaths than they do...

They make wonderful guests however; an unending source of entertainment!

Enjoy your stay!

#345251 - 08/10/08 11:01 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I got stopped in the street by someone from Utah just the other day.

I tried to walk away but he followed me along asking if I knew Jesus and would I like to go to church with him next Sunday.

He wasn't a JW though. This was of the Mormon variety.

All these crazy fuckers seem to originate from Utah and Salt Lake City.

You are being watched. crossbones skull crossbones

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#345256 - 08/10/08 11:17 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
You are being watched.

Indeed you are. No joke. I dated a fellow who's father was employed with the NSA.

Some of his accounts would send shivers up ones spine.

Ever see the film "Enemy Of The State"?

Let's just say that that film wasn't too far off the par......

Don't even get Me started on the crazy cult which is (The Mormons). I have done vast research on them and well....

Well.

Nutters. Every single one of them (however, if you need help in moving or in yard work etc. they are useful.)

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345257 - 08/10/08 11:18 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: TheDegenerate]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Phosis

I couldn't agree more.

Undercroft

#345263 - 08/11/08 12:45 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Darkahn]
mattie Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK
Curses, I only read these introductions hoping to get a giggle from the morons who don't belong here, but you had to go and ruin my fun by being all smart and funny.

Well played, madam. Well played indeed.

#345275 - 08/11/08 01:55 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
Welcome to LTTD, Danielle Alicia. We have quite a bit in common. I think you will enjoy these forums.

HS! witch
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#345277 - 08/11/08 02:04 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Callier]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Alright. That's it.

Callier, I thought you were moving to Indiana for me!? Oh well, maybe you could just split your time between me and Danielle Alicia. We could have shared custody of you...but I get ya for Halloween! coopdevil
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#345313 - 08/11/08 05:43 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Good Morning! Thank you for your wonderful introduction.

It will be a pleasure getting to know you.

Callier, I didn't know you were black either!! Are you wearing makeup??? hehehehehe

#345332 - 08/11/08 07:49 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Mr Avarice]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
You had us all by hello. grin

My former girlfriend is one of the wit-less so I know (vaguely) what you have been forced to trudge through. I'm surprised that they don't produce more psychopaths than they do...

They make wonderful guests however; an unending source of entertainment!

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the kind welcome Black Waltz! I am already definitely enjoying the intelligent interaction here.

I had to chuckle at your psychopath comment, because (self-absorbed, but entirely facetious rant coming up), I often say that if I hadn't exited the religion when I did I probably would have been the first female to climb a clock tower and start taking people out, yelling things with each press of the trigger like, "This is for Charles Whitman! This is for my mind! This is for your hypocrisy, lies and for NOT GIVING ME A BIRTHDAY....EVER!!!"

So, in retrospect, I think the difference between a life of contented thought and total annhilation may have lain in one more year, month, week, or possibly even just a day longer in that religion. It's easy to snap when you are forced to follow a life not of your choosing, but especially easy when the life they pick for you is also not one you respect at all. I consider myself a survivor--I made it out alive and well! devilchili

#345336 - 08/11/08 07:57 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
I got stopped in the street by someone from Utah just the other day.

I tried to walk away but he followed me along asking if I knew Jesus and would I like to go to church with him next Sunday.

He wasn't a JW though. This was of the Mormon variety.

All these crazy fuckers seem to originate from Utah and Salt Lake City.

You are being watched. crossbones skull crossbones

I am so sorry for what happened to you! Look, speaking as a survivor of Utah (I have only lived here since 2003 by the way), here is a friendly tip from me to you, dear Reverend: if you see two or more men in dark blue suits, short hair, white shirts and carrying what looks suspiciously like religious propoganda materials, RUN! I consider them armed and dangerous and always cross the street immediately. There have been, what I call, random conversion muggings here in Utah. This is where someone gets clubbed over the back of the head with the Book of Mormon, dragged into an alley and hypocritically lectured, only to reemerge glassy-eyed and completely converted. It's a horrible thing to witness. :>

#345337 - 08/11/08 08:02 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Quote:
You are being watched.

Indeed you are. No joke. I dated a fellow who's father was employed with the NSA.

Some of his accounts would send shivers up ones spine.

Ever see the film "Enemy Of The State"?

Let's just say that that film wasn't too far off the par......

Don't even get Me started on the crazy cult which is (The Mormons). I have done vast research on them and well....

Well.

Nutters. Every single one of them (however, if you need help in moving or in yard work etc. they are useful.)

I couldn't agree more. I actually don't know much about them, because I don't care at all about their beliefs. However, a friend of mine was telling me a couple of things about them once and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was so insane I wouldn't filthy up this board with what I heard! But, suffice to say you are right: "nutters" about covers it.

#345338 - 08/11/08 08:03 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Darkahn]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Darkahn
Originally Posted By: Phosis

I couldn't agree more.

Why, thank you! smile

#345340 - 08/11/08 08:05 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: mattie]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mattie
Curses, I only read these introductions hoping to get a giggle from the morons who don't belong here, but you had to go and ruin my fun by being all smart and funny.

Well played, madam. Well played indeed.

Thank you, kind sir, thank you. I have read some other introductions here and, well, let's just say I know exactly what you mean.

#345341 - 08/11/08 08:08 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Muse]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sarah
Welcome to LTTD, Danielle Alicia. We have quite a bit in common. I think you will enjoy these forums.

HS! witch

Thank you for the warm welcome, Sarah! I lived in Indiana once, just for a couple of years, in a sleepy little town called Madison. I met a few very nice people out there.

I love your avatar, by the way!

#345342 - 08/11/08 08:09 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Muse]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sarah
Alright. That's it.

Callier, I thought you were moving to Indiana for me!? Oh well, maybe you could just split your time between me and Danielle Alicia. We could have shared custody of you...but I get ya for Halloween! coopdevil

This is absolutely agreeable with me. Callier, it is up to you now.

#345345 - 08/11/08 08:13 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: JustAnotherBeast
Greetings and Salutations;

Your Introduction was warm hearted and charming; I am quite confident that you will enjoy your stay in the only place on the World Wide Web where the company actually have minds to speak with.

P.S. I think your hair looks great in your Avatar.

P.P.S. Evil_Eve I think your new Avatar pic is also of equal greatness

Why, thank you. I enjoyed your comments. Being a bit of the narcissist that I am, I always appreciate comments about my hair. I work hard on it! Nice of you to notice. smile

#345346 - 08/11/08 08:14 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: MissMina1556
Good Morning! Thank you for your wonderful introduction.

It will be a pleasure getting to know you.

Callier, I didn't know you were black either!! Are you wearing makeup??? hehehehehe

And I am sure it will be an equal pleasure getting to know you as well, Miss Mina. Thank you for the welcome! smile

#345353 - 08/11/08 08:38 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

He ain't Micheal Jackson! grin

#345360 - 08/11/08 09:10 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Well, I seem to have been a little late getting to the party.

Quote:

Fine interests, indeed! Hello, and welcome to LttD Danielle. Enjoy your stay. coopdevil

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#345368 - 08/11/08 09:41 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: spook show]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you for the welcome 2thenight (great name). Better late than never! smile

#345371 - 08/11/08 09:47 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
Well, since everybody has already said the things I wanted to say as well, I'll just keep it short! I enjoyed your intro and welcome! I am looking forward to reading more of your posts grin.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

#345374 - 08/11/08 09:54 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Sakura]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you Sakura! And, may I add that you have displayed yet another great avatar, too. There are lots of inventive, creative types here and that is very encouraging to me, indeed. I also loved the Alice in Wonderland signature. smile

#345381 - 08/11/08 10:02 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Mr Avarice Offline

Quote:
I had to chuckle at your psychopath comment, because (self-absorbed, but entirely facetious rant coming up), I often say that if I hadn't exited the religion when I did I probably would have been the first female to climb a clock tower and start taking people out, yelling things with each press of the trigger like, "This is for Charles Whitman! This is for my mind! This is for your hypocrisy, lies and for NOT GIVING ME A BIRTHDAY....EVER!!!"

You struck me as a femme fatale from the start but... Damn!

This earns you a Tiki!
tiki

#345385 - 08/11/08 10:13 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL

Your Introduction was warm hearted and charming; I am quite confident that you will enjoy your stay in the only place on the World Wide Web where the company actually have minds to speak with.

Why, thank you. I enjoyed your comments. Being a bit of the narcissist that I am, I always appreciate comments about my hair. I work hard on it! Nice of you to notice. smile

Did you make a clocktower assassination joke, and then go on to spellcheck his post (Aviator/Avatar)?

You are my new favorite.

#345388 - 08/11/08 10:16 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm seriously late to the party as well but it seems that this thread isn't wanting for well wishers! Great introduction Danielle, a very warm welcome aboart.

I loved your assasination rant, but you missed some:

This is for the blood transfusion I couldn't have!

And this is for not being able to drink alcohol!

And this is for having the most STUPID FUCKING NAME for a religion ever!!!!!!!

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#345397 - 08/11/08 10:57 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: HammerOfDoubt

Did you make a clocktower assassination joke, and then go on to spellcheck his post (Aviator/Avatar)?

You are my new favorite.

I am taking the 5th Amendment on the matter! smile

#345398 - 08/11/08 11:00 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Scion]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Scion
I'm seriously late to the party as well but it seems that this thread isn't wanting for well wishers! Great introduction Danielle, a very warm welcome aboart.

I loved your assasination rant, but you missed some:

This is for the blood transfusion I couldn't have!

And this is for not being able to drink alcohol!

And this is for having the most STUPID FUCKING NAME for a religion ever!!!!!!!

Lol! Now that was funny! The name Jehovah's Witnesses is so arrogant and creepy, it is true! Of course, Latter Day Saints is pretty scary too! I always say I am LDS too...Loving the Devil Satan!

#345399 - 08/11/08 11:05 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Mr Avarice]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
Quote:

You struck me as a femme fatale from the start but... Damn!

This earns you a Tiki!
tiki

I swear I am a very sweet girl. Seriously. coopdevil

#345404 - 08/11/08 11:17 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I just got a cake above my avatar. Yes, it is indeed my birthday. I will spend it going to the DMV to renew my license, which is always so much fun I can hardly stand it. Then I am going to come home and make me some pepperoni chicken with mashed potatoes and I will celebrate my being me.

#345405 - 08/11/08 11:19 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Mr Avarice Offline

Nightshade berries are sweet too.

Seriously. coopdevil

EDIT: Glad you got my message. Happy birthday!

Edited by The Black Waltz (08/11/08 11:19 AM)

#345406 - 08/11/08 11:19 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Mr Avarice]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

*Laughs sardonically*
True, my dear, very true.

#345407 - 08/11/08 11:21 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

And thanks for the suggestion!

"A party? Just for...me?"

#345425 - 08/11/08 12:17 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> here is a friendly tip from me to you, dear Reverend: if you see two or more men in dark blue suits, short hair, white shirts and carrying what looks suspiciously like religious propoganda materials, RUN! <<

Well, I am already 3000 miles from Utah. How fucking far does one have to run to escape these people.
crossbones crossbones

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#345429 - 08/11/08 12:30 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Well, Darling, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Now, if you are making chicken tonight, could you please make fried chicken for Callier?? If that man doesn't get his friend chicken he will surely die!! hehehe

Enjoy this beautiful birthday day!!!

Mina

#345443 - 08/11/08 01:29 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
>> here is a friendly tip from me to you, dear Reverend: if you see two or more men in dark blue suits, short hair, white shirts and carrying what looks suspiciously like religious propoganda materials, RUN! <<

Well, I am already 3000 miles from Utah. How fucking far does one have to run to escape these people.
crossbones crossbones

It is a sad thing, indeed. But they, in particular, do make it their personal mission to go everywhere they possibly can. I think you will have to spend your life dodging them as best as you are able. Hope it works out well for you.

#345444 - 08/11/08 01:31 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: MissMina1556]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Well, Darling, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Now, if you are making chicken tonight, could you please make fried chicken for Callier?? If that man doesn't get his fried chicken he will surely die!! hehehe

Enjoy this beautiful birthday day!!!

Mina

Thank you Mina. smile Well, I will throw in some fried chicken just for him. But, the pepperoni chicken is all mine! I get very greedy where pepperoni is concerned.

#345450 - 08/11/08 02:20 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
Thank you Sakura! And, may I add that you have displayed yet another great avatar, too. There are lots of inventive, creative types here and that is very encouraging to me, indeed. I also loved the Alice in Wonderland signature. smile

You are very welcome.. As for the Avatar and signature, I am a huge Cat lover and of course a big fan of Alice's Cheshire Cat grin Oh yeah, I tend to be a bit mad too, haha. My feelings bout this forum are the same, there are a lot of people with the same thoughts as me, it makes me feel right at home. By the way: Happy Birthday!! Mine's up tomorrow as well teehee!
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

#345474 - 08/11/08 04:38 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Sakura]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Happy early birthday wishes to you as well! I love cats too, by the way! smile

#345508 - 08/11/08 07:40 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Emerald Offline

Happy birthday!! May all your desires come to fruition.

#345515 - 08/11/08 08:22 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Enigma777 Offline

I love the lads from the Jehovah's Witness. grin
They are very fun to talk to. I shall add them to my collection in the Human Zoo.

I was once part of another cult(some see it as a cluster of cults) called Hinduism tiki . Many of them are pretty crazy too. But I like their art. smile

Anyways, welcome to the forum. This is a nice place to get your daily dose of intellectuality.

You seem to be interested in a great deal of nice things. I find that quite rare in my community. There are just so many dull people here in Southern California. Many of which are illegal immigrants witch .
One can't express an interest in something without being classified as goth, gangster, emo, punk, gay, or nerd.

People here are much more mature.

Be sure to tell us when we could find your books on Amazon. I'm quite curious to read them, as I'm sure many of us are. smile

Good luck on those!

Edited by nicesatan777 (08/11/08 08:30 PM)

#345528 - 08/11/08 09:33 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Emerald]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Happy birthday!! May all your desires come to fruition.

Thank you Emerald! And, another lovely new avatar...very enchanting. smile

#345529 - 08/11/08 09:44 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Enigma777]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: nicesatan777
I love the lads from the Jehovah's Witness. grin
They are very fun to talk to. I shall add them to my collection in the Human Zoo.

I was once part of another cult(some see it as a cluster of cults) called Hinduism tiki . Many of them are pretty crazy too. But I like their art. smile

Anyways, welcome to the forum. This is a nice place to get your daily dose of intellectuality.

You seem to be interested in a great deal of nice things. I find that quite rare in my community. There are just so many dull people here in Southern California. Many of which are illegal immigrants witch .
One can't express an interest in something without being classified as goth, gangster, emo, punk, gay, or nerd.

People here are much more mature.

Be sure to tell us when we could find your books on Amazon. I'm quite curious to read them, as I'm sure many of us are. smile

Good luck on those!

Thank you so much for the kind welcome. I was born in Southern California (Anaheim), and lived in Corona, Riverside, Yucaipa, and other places, so I know of which you speak. California has its own vibe, and at one time may have held out a deeper allure of promise to those who sought fortune or liberated attitudes. I think life in this world can be a bit trying sometimes for the Satanist no matter where he or she lives, though. As beings who are not easily sublimated by the machinations of a blind and ignorant society, we often find ourselves at odds with our environment. The herd is everywhere, and so I deeply sympathize with your plight. At least you have this forum to come to, and I am so glad I have been able to make your acquaintance, even if it is only online. Your presence is most welcome to me, and once again, thank you for saying hello!

As for my works on Amazon, I write under a pseudonym to maintain my anonymity. When M.E.M.B.E.R.S. comes out it will be the first time I will have ever used my real name, which is why I mentioned that title--and that title only--here in this forum. smile

#345555 - 08/12/08 02:06 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Enigma777 Offline

It's not that bad actually. Satanists are not complaining victims.
California does have some good features to it, and they are all glorified by a man named Huell Howser cool . MAny people do come here for opportunity and a a chance for a better life. It is either the East Coast of the West Coast. That might explain part of why so many people are shitty here. Sometimes I find them quite interesting. As Sakura once said, "Like a free zoo." This forum is a good place to find people who still have their brains.

God how I miss Europe! cry

Be sure to alert us for your books okay?

Edited by nicesatan777 (08/12/08 02:41 AM)

#345596 - 08/12/08 07:47 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Enigma777]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thanks for the modern-day clarification of what is happening in California these days. It has been awhile since I lived there, although I do travel there regularly. In fact, I am heading to Northern California in just a couple of weeks. However, so much time is spent in meetings or research, then onto a hotel room or restaurant that I often find that some inter-personal communication is what is missing from the experience. It is nice that you are there and can tell me what is happening! I know that people are still lured by the call of Hollywood, of course, and by the warmth and Pacific Ocean. Do you still see a lot of people moving to California, in your viewpoint? Also, may I ask, how did you come to live in California? Are you originally from Europe? I enjoy Europe too, quite a bit. I have a home in France and I get away to my country chateau about 2-3 times a year. It is always an illuminating experience!

#345642 - 08/12/08 11:28 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Enigma777 Offline

Actually, I once lived in France. Magnificent country!
There is a great deal of rich history, gorgeous architecture, fine food, and the countryside has a beauty like no place else. smile
Whenever I go back there to visit my old town I always get that tear jerking nostalgic moment. So many good memories have taken place in that lovely town.

I've also traveled to England and Scotland.
I say the English are the master race! You've got to go there to see for yourself. I think it comes from their highly sophisticated finishing schools. wink That little island country has accomplished so much! They are a very proud people and they have good reason to.

Scotland has a unique atmosphere of it's own. It seems like a place that hasn't been in much contact with the rest of the world. It hasn't been spoiled by the many unpleasant things in today's world. This seems like the land of dragons, faeries, and wizards. The buildings in Edinburgh look medieval but inside they are very modern.

I should mention that there is a great deal of friendly and good natured people in Europe and there is a hot girl everywhere you look!

One thing I miss the most is the cold weather.

#345654 - 08/12/08 12:16 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Enigma777]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

One thing I do love are the changes from season to season. So, I totally get that you miss the cold weather. Here in Utah, I do experience plenty of snow, coupled with hot summers, beautiful Autumn foliage and flower-fresh Springtimes. It is good to be alive!
smile

Edited by Danielle Alicia (08/12/08 01:08 PM)

#345691 - 08/12/08 03:41 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Enigma777]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Enigma777
I say the English are the master race! You've got to go there to see for yourself.

FINALLY! Someone else who can see it. cool

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#345702 - 08/12/08 04:40 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Scion]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

You guys are making me smile! smile

#345753 - 08/12/08 09:17 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Scion]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Scion
Originally Posted By: Enigma777
I say the English are the master race! You've got to go there to see for yourself.

FINALLY! Someone else who can see it. cool

Oh many people see it wink !
Barely any of them admit it though.

Some credit should be given to the Romans.
Before the invasion of Claudius, there was no England!
Now the British are among the most sophisticated, smooth, cultured, and advanced people I've seen. And I've seen a lot of people.

There is however, I should mention, a disgusting lower class in England.
There always were. Take it from Sweeney Todd. grin
But the higher, more sophisticated class of people there are just so wondrous that it all outweighs the negatives of the lower class. In fact I think the purpose of the lower class(though they may not know it) is to support the upper class and allow them to take advantage. So it's all good!

Edited by Enigma777 (08/12/08 09:22 PM)

#345785 - 08/13/08 01:14 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
7Phase1 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
But...but...aren't you afraid that you're not going to be in the New Order when Moses is resurected? Or what about the prospect of being able to eat beautiful red apples from a basket next to a Panda bear? (As depicted by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED Watchtower Bible and Tract Society artists!)

Ha .. I couldn't resist! smile

Welcome!

HS

#345787 - 08/13/08 01:43 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: 7Phase1]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Heh. wink

Eve smiles at said questions.

Something I used to do when younger (and still under Fathers Xtian wings was to study other cults/religions).

The Mormons truly had Me captivated.

This is what I always thought to be quite humorous...

OK (this god of theirs) god, : Jehovah ...Adonai ....who the freak ever, as stated with many other cults/religions (IS) all knowing, Omniscient, etc. etc. etc. AND YET.....this supreme being...somehow...FORGOT a few things.

So......... he goes to a fellow who spent most of his time 'treasure hunting' with his Father and says "Oh, by the way...I almost forgot something, therefore, I need you to write it down".

Yeah right!

And this very fellow....was proven a liar in court.

These people are very strange. I had encounters with them in times past and it was always a laugh riot.

I was indeed fascinated with the fact that they had a 'ladder' system in which you had to basically 'climb' your way to heaven.

Gives a whole new take on 'Stairway To Heaven'.

So.....they said...essentially....that..well, if you drank coffee, or did something wrong that you would end up at the bottom of the ladder and have to work yourself back up to the top.

I thought to Myself even as a young lass, "This not only makes no sense, but why bother"?

YOU WILL NEVER be good enough. You will never reach the top of the ladder.

I was also interested in these separate planets....uhhhhhh I suppose I need not go into detail with you on this as you are fully aware of which I speak.

Nutty, all of them.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345804 - 08/13/08 04:55 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Enigma777]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>That little island country has accomplished so much!

Then lost it all after two World Wars. crossbones

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#345815 - 08/13/08 07:10 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: 7Phase1]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: 7Phase1
But...but...aren't you afraid that you're not going to be in the New Order when Moses is resurected? Or what about the prospect of being able to eat beautiful red apples from a basket next to a Panda bear? (As depicted by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED Watchtower Bible and Tract Society artists!)

Ha .. I couldn't resist! smile

Welcome!

HS

That is so funny! I so desperately wanted to believe that when I was younger (partly because I got spanked if I didn't want to read the latest Watchtower and Awake, and partly because I just loved animals so much). Ah, to meet Ruth or Sarah and to lie down between the sheep and wolf as dear friends...

WHAT A CROCK! Can you believe we were ever suckered into that sort of thing?
Nowadays, I think Jezebel is more dear to my heart! smile
Thanks for the cool welcome. You brought back a lot of funny memories.

#345817 - 08/13/08 07:26 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Heh. wink

Eve smiles at said questions.

Something I used to do when younger (and still under Fathers Xtian wings) was to study other cults/religions).

I really appreciated reading this post Eve! I mean, it is just so strange when your mind does become opened and you actually see the lies and mythologies that these entire organizations are built on! It's really amazing, and such a great example of so many people who live amongst us...people who are completely blind!

For instance, what you said about Jehovah forgetting things really rings true with me. The Jehovah's Witnesses have the worst predictional track record of any organization that I am aware of. They have gotten 99.9% of everything they "predicted," wrong. Well, hey--you say enough of those things you are bound to get something right. Anyways, their excuse for always getting their information incorrect (despite the claim that they were supposedly getting it directly from Jehovah's holy spirit), was that "The light grew brighter." This meant that they were slowly coming out of Christendom's shadow of falsehoods (because of the belief JW's have that they are the only TRUE Christian organization on the planet).

Now, this always bothered me. I use to think, "Well, are you guys saying Jehovah stutters or something? I mean, if you are talking directly to god, then why in the hell can't he transmit the information correctly the first time?"

About a year later the above thought changed to, "Oh, I see why it is all wrong now...you guys are full of shit!"

Hilarious, scary and disturbing all at the same time.

#345861 - 08/13/08 10:44 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hello Danielle,

Great introduction!!

I am myself new to this forum and recently to, discovered the books of Mr. LaVey.

Since I was very young I always had different ideas about the religion I was raised in (I was raised in Portugal where almost everybody is Catholic). I am in the process of reading The Satanic Bible and all the radings from The Church of Satan and most likely becoming a member.

You seem to be a very cult and intelligent person, and I love having conversations with people like that ... And the fact that you have a french connection, pleases me to. My mother is french and cookes amazingly well. I guess it is a french thing. She is in Portugal, I am by myself here in the United States, and I damn miss her cooking ....

I just wanted to say hello and congratulate you on your great introduction, and I look forward to some interesting conversations ....
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life." - Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." - Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939), The Future of an Illusion (1927)

#345869 - 08/13/08 12:20 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
The Jehovah's Witnesses

Don't even get Me started on that bunch of nutters.

A female Comedian once described them best (in My opinion)...

I am not quoting but more along the lines of paraphrasing as it's been quite some years since I saw her act (and I cannot recall her name) but essentially what she stated was this:

"If you KNEW and were taught that only a certain number of people were going to get into 'heaven', ummmmm well.... wouldn't you kind of keep that a secret to make sure that YOU were one of the fortunate ones who made it into heaven"?

Makes sense to Me. If only 144 thousand (or whatever their number is) is to make it into that great amusement park in the sky.....why would you freaking tell anyone else about it?

(Eve is reminded of the film 'The Beach'.)

They 'believe' in such things as predestination, and don't get Me going on the Scientific/medical hoo to do that they involved errr/NOT involved in.

Nutty.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345883 - 08/13/08 01:06 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Seth Lucius
Hello Danielle,

Great introduction!!

I am myself new to this forum and recently to, discovered the books of Mr. LaVey.

Since I was very young I always had different ideas about the religion I was raised in (I was raised in Portugal where almost everybody is Catholic). I am in the process of reading The Satanic Bible and all the radings from The Church of Satan and most likely becoming a member.

You seem to be a very cult and intelligent person, and I love having conversations with people like that ... And the fact that you have a french connection, pleases me to. My mother is french and cookes amazingly well. I guess it is a french thing. She is in Portugal, I am by myself here in the United States, and I damn miss her cooking ....

I just wanted to say hello and congratulate you on your great introduction, and I look forward to some interesting conversations ....

Thank you so much for coming here and welcoming me so kindly! I am very well educated on the Bible, cult pracitces, Christianity, etc. Anything you ever need information on just ask me and I will help. I have been a very outspoken person that helps people break away from the brainwashing effects of cults and/or Christian/Muslim/Judaistic philosophies. Good luck on your Satanic quest. smile

#345884 - 08/13/08 01:09 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
I am very well educated on the Bible, cult pracitces, Christianity, etc.

I was once told that even 'Satan' The 'Devil'/Lucifer knew the Bible backwards and forwards.

Basically I was called the 'Devil' (whatever that may mean/entail).

I recently heard though however, that I am going to Heaven!

I heard that......I 'truly' don't deny a Christ. I TRULY have not fallen into the trap of 'free thinking'.

<Smirks>.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345886 - 08/13/08 01:15 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Don't even get Me started on that bunch of nutters.

"If you KNEW and were taught that only a certain number of people were going to get into 'heaven', ummmmm well.... wouldn't you kind of keep that a secret to make sure that YOU were one of the fortunate ones who made it into heaven"?

Nutty.

Lol. Actually, although that is a funny joke, that comedienne wasn't entirely accurate about JW beliefs. They do believe in 144,000 going to heaven, but, to them those people are pre-ordained, or annointed. You can't "become" one of these annointed ones by keeping the information to yourself. The other reason why the others don't mind sharing the information is that the vast majority of JW's have a desire to live forever in what they call "Paradise Earth," not heaven. (By the way, that's why I was just joking with that guy above about lying with the sheep and wolf...that is one of those Paradise Earth jokes. smile )

Either way you slice it, it's all nuts and you and that comedienne are both dead-on accurate about that, and that is what really matters! I'm the unlucky one for even knowing all this crap! smile

#345888 - 08/13/08 01:27 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Quote:
I am very well educated on the Bible, cult pracitces, Christianity, etc.

I was once told that even 'Satan' The 'Devil'/Lucifer knew the Bible backwards and forwards.

Basically I was called the 'Devil' (whatever that may mean/entail).

I recently heard though however, that I am going to Heaven!

I heard that......I 'truly' don't deny a Christ. I TRULY have not fallen into the trap of 'free thinking'.

<Smirks>.

It's so funny, but you make me think with your charming wit and sarcasm. smile According to the Bible, Satan actually didn't lie to the Biblical Eve. He said that if she ate of the fruit then her eyes would be opened, knowing good and bad, and that she would become like God (Genesis 3:5). After partaking of the fruit, God has a little conversation with himself, and in Genesis 3:22 proclaims that the man and woman are now like him and know good and bad. This alone (besides justifying Satan as the truth bringer), completely destroys the Christian notion that man brought sin into the world. How could he do so if he came from a God that was flawed because he already "knew good and bad?"

No, in the mythological sense he and she became their own Gods, which is very Satanic to me, and very cool. Of course, it isn't true, but I have taken issue for years with Christian churches who don't seem to understand or know their own handbook of stories that they use to justify their faith! Now, that is what is really, really crazy!

#345890 - 08/13/08 01:39 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

You're preaching to the choir here (so to speak) as I had an involved and highly horrid/volatile conversation/debate with My Father and his shit disturber of a girlfriend on our way to Key West involving the book of Genesis.

I normally do not even bat an eyelash at such things, but alas, I could not escape the car...I was there, and and is in My nature (much to My detriment at times) I fight back.

I ask (what I feel are logical questions) and I get the same old replies.

I did however get some new insight as to what My dad 'believes' as far as Adam and Eve are concerned, and the garden of Eden, the serpent, etc.

The conversation got quite involved and when they were no interested in My retorts it ended with a resounding BANG on the dashboard to 'end it'.

There was.....never a beginning to begin with, but I digress....

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#345895 - 08/13/08 02:11 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I totally understand, believe me. I empathize with your situation. I know how difficult those moments are, and just how angry a person can get. I am so sorry you had to go through that!

#346110 - 08/14/08 11:49 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Thanks Danielle ....

I will surely take your help when I have any doubt or question.

Good Luck with your Satanic Quest, also, and every other quest or project you are involved ...

Greetings
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life." - Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." - Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939), The Future of an Illusion (1927)

#346287 - 08/15/08 09:16 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you Seth, and may you have a long life of fruitful activities as well!

Now, I am going to segue onto something else. This is a bit more about me for those who have an interest...(I have received several private messages asking many of the same questions so I thought I'd detail some of the answers here in this introductory thread for everyone to view).

I spend the majority of my time indulged in writing as a career. It is what I have been doing since the age of 12. I am a method writer, so whatever I am writing about I will completely submerge myself into. If the previous sentence went straight by you with no real recognition of what was just said then you will never understand me even in the most basic sense.

My primary motivation for this career is that I have the deepest love of literature; I love the way novels can strongly trigger our imaginations to create personal interpretations of images and scenes. To me, the reader is generally in more control of their experience while reading a novel--than say, the viewer of a movie or TV program--and for that, I find books to be such noble works. (That doesn’t mean I dislike movies; on the contrary, I adore them). A well-written novel easily allows the reader to use his or her imagination to a very full expression; in effect, I, the Creator of my work, then extend the hand of sub-creation to the reader, instead of trying to do all the work for them. I am the idea and the seed, but the reader is the grower, the cultivator, the caretaker.

On the weekends I dabble in music (guitar, harp, violin, piano), and have long, empathic talks with close, personal friends about our recent experiences and fulfillments in life. Sometimes we take in a symphony, opera or ballet mid-week just to inspire further creative insights. Other times I may spend hours cooking with the absolute finest, natural ingredients (I am friends with many of the local farmers here), to create food with multiple, specific notes--as in perfumery--and have intimate dinner parties where my friends, love interests, family and I will feast and relish each and every delectable, tasty morsel.

I also occasionally date, but it is getting rarer and rarer for me, because I am highly selective about potential mating partners. I prefer those men whom I deem to be my muses; they must bring to me creative motivation or I tire of them quickly. This type of inspiration can have a variety of catalysts, so I am always on the lookout for that man who is inexplicably drawn to me--and I to him. One of my requirements is that they live nearby me, though, as I am not into computer dating, cyber-sex (I'll take the real thing, please) or long-distance relationships unless a person regularly makes a commitment to actually see me. I have 3 homes, so the general places I date are New York (Long Island), France, and Utah. I travel to a particular home whenever the artistic mood suits me.

I am polyamorous and haven’t yet been into monogamy because it’s always been created—in my life-- from others through a place of insecurity or fear. Monogamy is fine for me as long as it happens with the intention of creating deeper levels of loving closeness through the exploration of even more rich time together; too often, however, I have seen that monogamy happens out of the belief that a person fears they will lose their mate to another if they become sexual with someone else. I do not have this fear, as I have never personally lost love, I feel I only gain new ones. If a mate of mine were to decide to spend more time with another, well, I want them to be happy because I love them. So, why would I be upset? To me, it's silly. I don't put people into cages (unless they like it and ask for that sort of thing), and I will never allow anyone to put me into one either.

I have had polyamorous relationships for years and have kept a primary partner who lives with me; I have found that by being in a loving place in our minds with many only serves to benefit everyone involved with us. We have never had a problem with jealousy or possessiveness; we believe these are just disguises of love and not love in its purest sense.

I never own a person; all I own are the experiences we shared. The above are simply my views, and my views only.

To all who have written me here in this thread and in private, thank you for showing interest and for helping an honest smile cross my lips.

#346293 - 08/15/08 09:39 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Templar LXVI Offline

Loc: Australia
...I am quite confident that you will enjoy your stay in the only place on the World Wide Web were the company actually have minds to speak with.

I do not wish to incite argument to taint this warm thread but my question goes to you; Do you truly believe this to be the 'only' place on the world wide web where there are intelligent people? How many intellectuals are there not on this board who have just been reduced due to their absense?

This is not an attack, merely a question for I too do not have this answer. Do you?

LXVI

Edited by Templar LXVI (08/15/08 09:41 AM)

#346294 - 08/15/08 09:39 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
7Phase1 Offline

CoS Member

Raises a glass! Isn't it nice when life is good?

To your success!

HS

#346303 - 08/15/08 10:03 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: 7Phase1]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Raises a glass! Isn't it nice when life is good?

To your success!

HS

Indeed it is. A life fully lived is my goal. smile

#346309 - 08/15/08 10:39 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Hello and welcome!

Forgive my tardiness in responding to your thread, I've been vacationing on the sunny and somewhat dirty gulf coastal beaches of Texas (all part of the charm). I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and views on various subjects herein and do share your affinity for topic immersion. As such, I hope to engage you on a topic or two when lightning strikes and the rod stands ready. Until then, welcome, based upon what I've read I think you'll find herein a room full of familiars!

#346325 - 08/15/08 11:31 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
7Phase1 Offline

CoS Member

As a method writer, I am curious if you find it hard to "detach?" Or do you purposely stay attached until your work is done? I know there are many different styles using method. I have even known a few that go as far as creating a scene and actually roleplaying to spark transistions. Your thoughts?

#346328 - 08/15/08 11:58 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Fnord]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: skullfarmer
Hello and welcome!

Forgive my tardiness in responding to your thread, I've been vacationing on the sunny and somewhat dirty gulf coastal beaches of Texas (all part of the charm). I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and views on various subjects herein and do share your affinity for topic immersion. As such, I hope to engage you on a topic or two when lightning strikes and the rod stands ready. Until then, welcome, based upon what I've read I think you'll find herein a room full of familiars!

I see nothing to forgive...you are living your idea of happiness and that is what life is all about! It is a pleasure to finally meet you though, and yes, we can talk about topic immersion and other subjects anytime you desire. Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction. smile

#346331 - 08/15/08 12:15 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: 7Phase1]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

As a method writer, I am curious if you find it hard to "detach?" Or do you purposely stay attached until your work is done? I know there are many different styles using method. I have even known a few that go as far as creating a scene and actually roleplaying to spark transistions. Your thoughts?

Well, that is an interesting question you asked! I personally do not find it hard to detach, when I want to. I also only write about subjects which are a deeply felt part of the authentic me, so even in the broad area of fiction, I never would role-play something that wasn't authentic. So, what this means is that I already embody the subjects I will proceed to write about, but as I write about them I learn more (through research) and I immerse myself fully into just that area of life to experience the characters and scenes more fully. I do create the scenes in my own life, yes, but they are always organic to the real me.

For instance, in a certain erotically-charged novel I wrote (won't give out the details), I lived the entire time in France and lived out every scene in the book, including the heartbreak, drama, and ultimate betrayal. Although I purposefully set out to create the drama and love interests, it was authentic--every bit of it--right down to the genuine feelings. Now, I didn't create the scenes solely for the reason of only writing my novel. I created them to live a full life while knowing all along they would also produce the autobiographical work. The fictionalized parts came in later as I adapted certain times, conditions, dialogues and characters to better meet a more dramatic, entertaining criterion.

In my latest work, which is a trilogy that is in the apocalyptical genre, there are many aspects of the work I am living out right now. I am exploring mythologies, how they are created (I am a fan of Joseph Campbell), and working to initiate my own mythology through the work. I better not say much more than that! smile

Thank you for the question!

#346335 - 08/15/08 12:54 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: 7Phase1]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

As a method writer, I am curious if you find it hard to "detach?" Or do you purposely stay attached until your work is done? I know there are many different styles using method. I have even known a few that go as far as creating a scene and actually roleplaying to spark transistions.

Well hmmmmm, I've used method acting for several of the roles that I've played and I never really thought of the concept of method writing, although we are both story tellers attempting to bring an audience into our world. Very interesting. I've learned something new today. smile

HS!

#346348 - 08/15/08 02:22 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Muse]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you for your thoughts! What happens with me is that I become the reality concealed deep within the character's mask I wear.

“The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on, (then) he took a face from the ancient gallery,” (Morrison, 1967). This quote from Jim represents one of two faces of Dionysius, the god of carnivals and masquerades (Dawkins, 1906). It is the tragic face, the opposite of the comic face, which are both often represented side by side in theatres. They are, in fact, as many artists come to experience them, one and the same face. This is seen in ourselves, our human condition. We have elements of tragedy, of the killer, the dramatically hateful side of pain and death. Yet, we also experience the wonderful travel, joy and laughter, the fun times and euphoric sex. This isn’t something just limited to human beings; it seems to be in every single element of existence. Our universe may be seen by some as a scary, dark place that someday will burn up or implode on itself. And yet, it is this same place that provides the flowers for the honeybee, the sun for crops, and nourishes life into existence. It is the tragic and comic face all wrapped up in one, and we, as products of it, are simply passengers in its grip of time. “Beneath the conformist there lies the Satyr,” (Nietzsche, Kaufmann, 1873).

So, as a method writer I become the character I am writing about, replete with all their personal history; all their experiences become mine, every facet of their lives is understandable and attainable to me as their symbiotic creator. At some point, the character and I cease to be separate and we become one, striving forward for the same understanding, creating our future together. I feel all their emotions, because in some way, they really are simply me. They couldn’t have come into existence without first existing in some way inside of me first. Yet, while we are one, we are also separate, all at the same time.

It is the way of all things, in my very humble opinion; it is the very essence of the universe itself. One, but separate, no true division, yet lines all the same. I see life as maybe more a continuum than a division. Of course, even the air we breathe can be philosophized away into subjective realities, so everyone will have their own viewpoints. Conflicting ideas do not necessarily mean they are even truly at odds with each other. They may have much in common, even if it's just their dissimilarities!

Anyways, I become very emotionally involved with a character’s struggles and other experiences. For instance, when writing about one such person lost in the woods I couldn’t leave the story unfulfilled to eat dinner, because they, and I, were too scared. After the situation in the story was resolved, I then sat down to a nice meal. If they couldn’t eat, neither could I!

I strongly use the method of prewriting, and much of it is done in my head before it ever reaches the outline phase. I can see the book I will create, the characters, the full outline of the tale in my mind, and actually see the words come alive to spell out the picture. This may sound strange to you, but I think in words, not images. When I think of a tree, I think of the words to describe it. Think of it this way: see the tree in your mind and now imagine its shape is made up solely of words that tell you what it is, how and what it's experienced. If you do that, you will begin to understand how I see everything in my world around me. It’s all words to me, everywhere I look.

I have done free-writing in the past, when I am searching for a new, viable method of approaching a subject that has already been done to death. It helps to have a thesaurus handy, so when I am caught using the same old tired words, I can add a beautiful garget to a sentence whilst simultaneously expanding my vocabulary in the process.

I ask a lot of questions from others before writing a novel. There are always key areas that I find I am a bit murky on, or need further philosophical guidance in. When writing about a small plane crash once I had to know what the inside of the cockpit area looked like, among many other details. I talked to several pilots to get a feel for flying and crashing, gauges, training, and wind anomalies. I have gone all over the world to do my research, and that is one of most enjoyable aspects of my job, because I become so enthralled when learning something new. I have a keen love of deconstructing what is taught in history books into something new and fresh. I also find that studying about actual places and peoples helps me understand them better, and in turn, my empathizing with a character helps bring him or her alive to the reader.

I suppose, if I had to choose which step in my writing process was easiest, I would have to say the actual writing is easiest, as the words just flow and glide like having burdens of honesty neatly rope-tied. Outlining in my head is fun too because I love imagining the world I am about to play Goddess in. I get really lost during those times!

The most difficult aspect of my work would be sitting down to write when I am ill! I came down with a bad cold a few months ago and felt like death warmed over. However, I always find that when I do break through laziness with self-discipline, I always feel better about myself afterwards. I simply view writing through illness as just another skill that I am always refining in the writing process.

In conclusion, my methods vary, yet they are all about feeling in union with my art; in this way, I return to zero. Let me explain: I feel I began with zero at birth, entered into the void with understanding, returned to zero with experience, and then, in symbiosis with my art I gave up the idea of zero altogether. This is the only way I know, despite a large vocabulary, how to express what it is like to live as a method writer. Literature isn’t meant to be just read, it is meant to be experienced, to be lived, to be killed, all in the spaces of the mind.

#346502 - 08/16/08 08:54 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
ParaBellum Offline

Loc: Plausibly deniable
Awww, I'm late to the party. frown

Hail and Welcome, Danielle. Yours was without a doubt one of the best intros I've read and twelve pages later you still don't disappoint. It seems you'll be a true asset to this site! smile

HS

#346508 - 08/16/08 09:24 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ParaBellum]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Thank you ParaBellum! It is a pleasure to make your online acquaintance! Have a wonderful, fulfilling day! smile
Hail!

#346513 - 08/16/08 09:42 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Loc: WA
Hello, Danielle. It seems I'm a bit late for this train, but I usually don't read introductions; not that I'm a snob, but many usually are the same. I was raised such-and-such and found this book and it opened my eyes... I think most of us have pretty much the same story.

However, I noticed that this one was getting a lot of play so I read it and noticed that you were raised as a Witness. I, too, had the doubtful privilege of coming up in that organization. As you've probably guessed, it didn't end well.

I'm glad to see you here and I wish the best for you with your books. When you get them published, I'm sure you'll let us know. Couldn't hurt the bottom line if a good number on here checked them out, hmm?

#346521 - 08/16/08 09:54 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: barrytheblade]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I appreciate your welcome, and it is always nice to meet another Witness who woke up!

#346780 - 08/17/08 03:00 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Barrytheblade, I am curious as to your story on how you managed to break free from the brainwashing effects of the JW religion, and at what age you did so? Would you mind sharing the information with me? I think it is always amazing when I hear of someone else's experiences in this regard.

#346857 - 08/18/08 08:03 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

I love hearing your ideas and the way you write .....

What novels have you written until today?? Are they on the market??

#346871 - 08/18/08 09:47 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Barrytheblade, I am curious as to your story on how you managed to break free from the brainwashing effects of the JW religion, and at what age you did so? Would you mind sharing the information with me? I think it is always amazing when I hear of someone else's experiences in this regard.

Well, I started seeing a girl who was a witness. I was around sixteen, she was about fifteen, I think. Well, as you know, such things are frowned upon and we were both counseled by her father, who was an elder, that we shouldn't hug each other or anything. I was a bit chapped about it, of course.

Shortly after I got a job at a restaurant after school and didn't go to many meetings. I also spent my weekends hanging out at the house of a witness woman who was almost twice my age. I'll just say that we ended up in a bit of an illicit relationship and eventually her daughter, who was fourteen, also hooked up with me a few times. It was a bit of a mess, but I wasn't complaining.

I had a few visits from elders (my dad and stepmother weren't witnesses) and they were trying to find out why I wasn't attending meetings and why the witness lady I was visiting was suddenly having major marital problems. I just fell further and further away until I decided to join the army and disassociated myself officially. The witness "girlfriend" and I, of course, then broke it off and I stopped hanging out with the lady and her daughter.

A friend of mine was a new member of the CoS and he and I often discussed Satanism. I went to the bookstore and bought the Bible and read it in one sitting. I've never looked back.

#346886 - 08/18/08 10:21 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Are they on the market??

...naw. Too easy.

#346887 - 08/18/08 10:24 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Seth Lucius Offline

Oh ok ... I as gonna look for some and read .... frown

#346894 - 08/18/08 10:49 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I love hearing your ideas and the way you write .....

What novels have you written until today?? Are they on the market??

Yes, I currently have--I'll just say, several--novels on the market, but I write under various pseudonyms to keep my anonymity (among other reasons such as differing genre styles). My upcoming trilogy will be the first time I have ever used my real name on a piece. And, my trilogy will not be associated with any of my past work under various names. I am glad you enjoy what I write. Thank you so much for your interest! smile

#346895 - 08/18/08 10:55 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Pardon my dry humor. You asked if she were on the market. That generally means single. I was going to joke around, using that line as a segway. My post meant it was too easy.

But then again...being polyamorous, the Good Lady messed up the bad joke. wink grin

#346896 - 08/18/08 10:55 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: barrytheblade]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: barrytheblade

Well, I started seeing a girl who was a witness. I was around sixteen, she was about fifteen, I think. Well, as you know, such things are frowned upon and we were both counseled by her father, who was an elder, that we shouldn't hug each other or anything. I was a bit chapped about it, of course.

Shortly after I got a job at a restaurant after school and didn't go to many meetings. I also spent my weekends hanging out at the house of a witness woman who was almost twice my age. I'll just say that we ended up in a bit of an illicit relationship and eventually her daughter, who was fourteen, also hooked up with me a few times. It was a bit of a mess, but I wasn't complaining.

I had a few visits from elders (my dad and stepmother weren't witnesses) and they were trying to find out why I wasn't attending meetings and why the witness lady I was visiting was suddenly having major marital problems. I just fell further and further away until I decided to join the army and disassociated myself officially. The witness "girlfriend" and I, of course, then broke it off and I stopped hanging out with the lady and her daughter.

A friend of mine was a new member of the CoS and he and I often discussed Satanism. I went to the bookstore and bought the Bible and read it in one sitting. I've never looked back.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about this situation. It seems to me you had a first-hand account of the hypocrisy--and utter ridiculousness--of the JW way of life. When I was young, my sister was caught in the backseat of a car making out with a ministerial school servant. This man was married, had two children already, and his wife was 8 months pregnant. Oh yes, my sister was only 16 at the time.
I'll never forget my father beating him up in front of my eyes! I had never seen violence before, and ran to my bedroom and cowered under the sheets.

#346900 - 08/18/08 11:01 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Pardon my dry humor. You asked if she were on the market. That generally means single. I was going to joke around, using that line as a segue. My post meant it was too easy.

But then again...being polyamorous, the Good Lady messed up the bad joke. wink grin

Yes, I suppose my lifestyle does screw up that joke. To answer: I am on the market in many ways, and easy is as easy does.
smile

Funny!

#346903 - 08/18/08 11:50 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

To answer: I am on the market in many ways, and easy is as easy does.
smile

I KNEW you were going to say that!

Thanks for not disappointing. grin

#346906 - 08/18/08 12:05 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about this situation. It seems to me you had a first-hand account of the hypocrisy--and utter ridiculousness--of the JW way of life. When I was young, my sister was caught in the backseat of a car making out with a ministerial school servant. This man was married, had two children already, and his wife was 8 months pregnant. Oh yes, my sister was only 16 at the time.
I'll never forget my father beating him up in front of my eyes! I had never seen violence before, and ran to my bedroom and cowered under the sheets.

Yeah, they try to come off as perfect Xtians, yet there are some extremely messed-up people in that organization. Yet they are very quick to throw blame. Looking back on it, it reminds me of old Quaker stories. It's like a modernized version of the old witch burnings.

I've heard stories of District Overseers getting bj's from some of the "sisters" and of course there was the scandal about the "demonic" drawings in a lot of the literature. There are even counter-watchtower organizations. The whole thing is a joke.

#346925 - 08/18/08 01:36 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

To answer: I am on the market in many ways, and easy is as easy does.
smile

I KNEW you were going to say that!

Thanks for not disappointing. grin

*Points at Roho then back at herself* "You and me, sympatico." wink *winks*

#346928 - 08/18/08 01:41 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: barrytheblade]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: barrytheblade

Yeah, they try to come off as perfect Xtians, yet there are some extremely messed-up people in that organization. Yet they are very quick to throw blame. Looking back on it, it reminds me of old Quaker stories. It's like a modernized version of the old witch burnings.

I've heard stories of District Overseers getting bj's from some of the "sisters" and of course there was the scandal about the "demonic" drawings in a lot of the literature. There are even counter-watchtower organizations. The whole thing is a joke.

I agree, it is a joke. I use to really enjoy--this was around 1999 or so--going to websites by people that had been disfellowshipped and reading their accounts. The reasons people were disfellowshipped were hilarious! One guy, named James Caputo, I believe, actually taped everything and wrote out the transcript on his site. smile

#347064 - 08/19/08 07:46 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Well, I was referring to the books, but if you are on the market in another ways, maybe I should check out the rest .... LOL smile

#347077 - 08/19/08 08:35 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Hi Seth! Well, I knew what you were asking, but I have already been asked this question in this thread, and answered in kind, so I just sort of light-heartedly responded this time. However, the answer you seek is that I write under a pseudonym (in fact, several), and keep my life private. Up to this point nothing has ever been published under my real name. My full real name has also never been seen on the web, anywhere.

This is also the first forum I have ever entered. I am enjoying my stay here thus far.
smile

#347078 - 08/19/08 08:38 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Also, I would recommend reading all the posts here in this thread if you are so inclined and have available slots of time, because it will provide valuable insights into my life. To "check out the rest," that would be the place to start. smile

But, that is only if you are interested in learning more. smile

#347082 - 08/19/08 09:20 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Hi Danielle.

I did read basically every post, I believe, in this thread....

I was just joking. You have very interesting ideas, and like I posted before, along with another thread, this is my favorite thread to read ... And I am the type of guy that is always interested on learning more ....

I was gonna check out some of your novels, because I love reading and I believe you write very well. Is there any one you suggest or you don't wanna make public the names you write under? You can always send me a private message .... LOL.

#347105 - 08/19/08 12:08 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Seth, I am sorry but I tell no one at all--only 3 people in my life actually know everything about me in this regard. You may already have my novels in your home and just not realize it.
I have two best friends, both of whom I have known since I was 8 years old. They have my novels and love them, and have no idea they were written by me.

I am glad you like this thread though! I have posted in a few other places in this forum, and you may find something to your liking by searching those posts out. smile

#347113 - 08/19/08 01:21 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

I quit Danielle .... LOL

Maybe I do have one of your novels .... who knows!!!

Yes, I read some of your posts. You actually posted on one that I started (Black Metal fans) and gave me some suggestions on dark classical music .... Thanks.

#347158 - 08/19/08 05:34 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I also wrote under "Artistically Altruistic."
By the way, have you listened to any of the classical music I suggested? Just curious if you have and what your thoughts were.

#347238 - 08/20/08 11:12 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Not yet Danielle .... I've been quite busy. Not ime yet to search for it.... i will let you know when I listen to it. What do you think about Karl Orff?? I like his music ...

#347517 - 08/21/08 02:43 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Well, I love his work. Carmina Burana is one of my favorite ballets. I just saw it again last year. smile
My favorite aria of all time, by the way, is Ebben? Ne andrò lontana from Alfredo Catalani's opera, La Wally. If you ever get a chance to listen to it, it is brilliant, in my opinion. It was heavily featured in the French film, Diva.

#347522 - 08/21/08 03:10 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Love Carmina Burana. Especially O Fortuna. If I had "walk-out music", that would be mine.

#347534 - 08/21/08 04:07 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The stated purpose of introduction apparently adequately served, thread locked.

So this doesn't appear personal, allow me:

- Personal discussions: PM system, that's what it's there for
- Offtopic discussions: form a new topic

Endlessly long threads are discouraged as it becomes impossible for anyone to digest them or keep track of them.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406007 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements