Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#345902 - 08/13/08 12:51 PM Observations and Reflections
Lust Offline

Have you ever noticed that people who are overweight make poor buying decisions? Reading The Satanic Witch can give one an insight to this, and for those who act on it could find it to be quite lucrative. Most people on the left side of the clock are social creature's. I have found them to be gossips, and interested talkers who want to know about everything, and everyone.

If one can keep up the song, and dance long enough, it is easy to close on this type. The one thing I have found is that they never want to talk about themselves. This, I have come to conclusion is due to them not having any self-confidence. Which explains the poor buying decisions that many overweight people make.

Once the sale is closed most overweight people will not want to talk to you anymore. A simple thank you, and have a nice day are all that is required from the Sales Person. Now free to find his/her next mark. I have heard others here, and elsewhere say things like "only the female will truly gain from reading The Satanic Witch."
That is complete rubbish, and the lifestyle that I enjoy today is a reflection of having read this diabolical tome.

The Satanic Witch is an essential part of the Satanic Canon, and for those who do "get it" will find the rewards at every turn. So, got any words of wisdom as a result from having read The Satanic Witch?

Edited by Tier Instinct (08/14/08 03:51 PM)
Edit Reason: typo
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#345920 - 08/13/08 02:00 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Lust]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I think The Satanic Witch implies how it is applicable to men. If a woman can use vulnerability as a tool for power, then it is obvious that men should utilize the invulnerable essence of being confident as a tool for power.

And of course, as you mentioned, knowing ones own and others position on the clock is very useful. I automatically size people up; I dont even have to think about it anymore. Mix it up with a few basic NLP techniques and you have your self a powerful blend of lesser magic.

A couple thoughts:

I recently began studying hypnosis, and Im curious if there is a relationship between body type and suggestibility. Im almost tempted to suggest that six-oclock because of their passive nature might be more suggestible than those at top of the clock, but then again, I have seen dominant types get zapped and plop down quickly like a wet rag. I also wonder if there might be a correlation between body type and representational systems, i.e. visual, auditory, and kinaesthetic.

#345921 - 08/13/08 02:09 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Lust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
The Satanic Witch is an essential part of The Satanic Cannon, and for those who do "get it" will find the rewards at every turn.

Absolutely! I can't tell you how many male Satanists I've run across over the years who either never read it, or only "read it once, years ago".

Quote:
So, got any words of wisdom as a result from having read The Satanic Witch?

Speaking as a professional Tarot reader who has made thousands of dollars in the field, I can say that The Satanic Witch has been an important source. coopdevil

My biggest piece of advice regarding this book is this: don't let your own pretentiousness get in the way of your assessment on the Synthesizer Clock. I've seen SO many Satanists who miss the boat on this. I see men who say "Oh I'm really masculine and hate people, so I'm definitely a 12 o'clock" and women who say "Oh I'm really feminine, so I'm definitely a 6 o'clock". It's not that simple. If you think being on the bottom half of the clock is a threat to your masculinity, or being in the top half is a threat to your femininity, or being on the left half means you're illogical and co-dependent, or being on the right half means you're uncreative...then you're over-simplifying and not being honest with yourself.

Similarly, I've seen people who say "Well I fit these four descriptions, but this fifth one doesn't sound like me" (or not uncommonly, "doesn't sound like something I'd like to attribute to myself"). Hardly anybody is going to have a 100% fit to a specific clock position. This is especially true of Satanists, who are usually finding ways to exercise their demonic (and that's not a misspelling of "exorcise").

THE POINT of the clock is that it gives you a better-than-nothing way to categorize somebody and come to a few conclusions. Categorizing people and making educated guesses about them is taboo now a days, but true witches and warlocks know how to do that. As Dr. LaVey says in the book, there have been lots of personality type scales created over the years, some with as little as 3 categories and overly-general descriptions, some with overly-specific descriptions but hundreds of categories. The LaVey Synthesizer Clock gives a nice balance in between that one can work with. It's not perfect, but it doesn't have to be.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#345926 - 08/13/08 02:30 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Bill_M]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M

My biggest piece of advice regarding this book is this: don't let your own pretentiousness get in the way of your assessment on the Synthesizer Clock. I've seen SO many Satanists who miss the boat on this. I see men who say "Oh I'm really masculine and hate people, so I'm definitely a 12 o'clock" and women who say "Oh I'm really feminine, so I'm definitely a 6 o'clock". It's not that simple. If you think being on the bottom half of the clock is a threat to your masculinity, or being in the top half is a threat to your femininity, or being on the left half means you're co-dependent, or being on the right half means you're uncreative...then you're over-simplifying and not being honest with yourself.

I use body type to determine position. From there the traits of each just manifest like clock-work. I had no idea others place themselves on the clock not using body type. This sounds like lack of reading, or lack of comprehension to me. I have read other posts where you talk about using Tarot, and I drew my own conclusions from there. When on vacation in Salem, and with some luck, I expect to know for myself.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#345929 - 08/13/08 02:36 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Lust Offline

I am no expert in hypnotherapy, but I would say that body type is unimportant. Most hypnotists that I have observed use screening methods to determine who uses more imagination. These are the most suggestible, according to my study on the topic.

#345946 - 08/13/08 03:34 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Lust]
John.Doe Offline

I admit that I don't. I have read the book, re-read it, and read it again taking notes. I simply can't pinpoint my clock position, so I've never really put the book into use...

#345947 - 08/13/08 03:45 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: John.Doe]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Originally Posted By: John.Doe

I admit that I don't. I have read the book, re-read it, and read it again taking notes. I simply can't pinpoint my clock position, so I've never really put the book into use...

As I said recently, I'd put you at eight o'clock. I seem to recall that others in that conversation agreed, but then you mustn't assume that reality is democratic. I'm aware that Warlock Aengima's opinion differed wildly.

What's your favourite salad dressing? grin

#345948 - 08/13/08 03:56 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: John.Doe]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
Originally Posted By: John.Doe

You really shouldn't have to pinpoint your clock position to put The Satanic Witch to good use. I feel that the best utilization of deducing a clock position is in identifying where your prey lies on the clock. This is what makes for the best manipulation. However, the Synthesizer Clock is only one, albeit large, aspect of the work. I think that is what Bill M alluded to in an earlier post. There is so much more to glean from this text. LaVey took many principles of psychology and weaved them into Satanic applicability. If you are genuinely interested, I would recommend reading The Satanic Witch again, but don't obsess so much on identifying your position on the synthesizer clock. You are truly missing a treasure.

HS!
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#345952 - 08/13/08 04:15 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: JEHJr
I recently began studying hypnosis, and Im curious if there is a relationship between body type and suggestibility.

I would suspect that those on the left half of the clock would tend to be more prone to suggestion, since it's the right half where you find the analytical types. 4 o'clocks tend to be thinking too much about things to get a new thought in.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#345953 - 08/13/08 04:18 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Lust]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

When I initially read The Satanic Witch, I was consistently faced with much of my true nature. By that, I mean I recognized techniques that I have been putting to work with ease for most of my life. When I read the text a second time, I learned how to delve deeper into myself to reap even more rewards. Upon completion of the third time through, I was beginning to feel comfortable enough to start putting some specific techniques and recommendations to use with the herd. Each time beyond that, I may pick it up to locate a particular reference point, read it cover-to-cover for inspiration reinforcement, or in some instances, for a giggle. The moral of my story is that one cannot simply read The Satanic Witch one time through and expect to have it all figured out. If a person who has read it once isn't naturally drawn to read it again and again, perhaps they should just walk away.

Good topic, Tier Instinct.
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#345954 - 08/13/08 04:19 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Muse]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Muse
You really shouldn't have to pinpoint your clock position to put The Satanic Witch to good use. I feel that the best utilization of deducing a clock position is in identifying where your prey lies on the clock.

If one can find where their target is on the clock, then why not be able to pin-point their own position? There is a diagram, and information that breaks it down - making it easy for anyone to find their position on the clock. All this before the book ever gets started.

#345957 - 08/13/08 04:23 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Lust]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

You really shouldn't have to pinpoint your clock position to put The Satanic Witch to good use. I feel that the best utilization of deducing a clock position is in identifying where your prey lies on the clock.

If one can find where their target is on the clock, then why not be able to pin-point their own position? There is a diagram, and information that breaks it down - making it easy for anyone to find their position on the clock. All this before the book ever gets started.

Because that first time through, I believe most people reading are trying to put themselves where they would like to be on the clock, rather than where they actually are. Fooling themselves and defeating any chances of success. jack

P.S. I miss your avatar, G! coopdevil

#345960 - 08/13/08 04:37 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Muse]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Because that first time through, I believe most people reading are trying to put themselves where they would like to be on the clock, rather than where they actually are. Fooling themselves and defeating any chances of success. jack

Yup!

I also think the problem may come from being able to take a truly objective, unbiased look at oneself. That can be really difficult for some folks and in those cases feedback can be really valuable. I certainly like to think of myself as relatively self-aware but there were some aspects I'd missed completely.

In general it's been much easier, for me at least, to "clock" someone else.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#345961 - 08/13/08 04:38 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Muse]
Lust Offline

P.S. I miss your avatar, G! coopdevil

Then what would stop the same person from mistakenly placing their target in the wrong position of the clock? Just because said person can not place himself on the clock is no indication they can place someone else. In fact I would say that this would lessen their chances dramatically. There are pictures of figures, and the clock is broken down in detail for everyone.

I know, not everyone will "get it".

#345970 - 08/13/08 05:04 PM Re: Observations and Reflections [Re: Lust]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Then what would stop the same person from mistakenly placing their target in the wrong position of the clock? Just because said person can not place himself on the clock is no indication they can place someone else. In fact I would say that this would lessen their chances dramatically. There are pictures of figures, and the clock is broken down in detail for everyone.

I know, not everyone will "get it".

Generally speaking, it is human nature to cast oneself in the most favorable light based on their own perception of how said person idealizes him/herself. A person who is not self-aware of how they actually are will tend to cast themselves as they wish they were. Although, an interesting possibility that just occurred to me is that "person they wish they were" is probably their demonic. In order to make it work, a person must be honest with themselves. This is more difficult to do than to be honest about another person's characteristics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
13328 Members
73 Forums
44551 Topics
408048 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold