Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#343285 - 08/01/08 07:32 PM Re: An introduction, though it is no longer required. [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Emerald Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
As an addendum to my post, I meant no disrespect towards any lesbian ladies who are on this forum. My intent with the comment was to ridicule my ex's "theology" and not to ridicule lesbians as a group. If I offended, I apologize. (Got a private message from a concerned lady and I just wanted to clarify.)

#343291 - 08/01/08 08:02 PM Re: An introduction, though it is no longer required. [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
illcree Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Welcome Aboard Matt!

Hail Satan!

#343688 - 08/03/08 10:22 PM Re: An introduction, though it is no longer required. [Re: Scion]
Foris Offline

Loc: Ohio, United States of America
Originally Posted By: Scion
You seem to be presuming some kind of admonishment in what I said. I don't quite know why, I was merely giving an alternative opinion.

Oh no. I would have told you directly if that were the case. I just wanted to be clear that Im not some super angsty guy who trudges around, brow so low in anger that it drags on the concrete.

Nay, all is well.

Anyone else used to have parents that would say things like. "you must've sinned, and that's god getting you back!" when you stubbed your toe or hit your head? It was messages like this that compelled me to reject god when I was young... It was a strange experience... First I cursed gods name upon hitting my head on a branch... I noticed that talking to nothing made me feel stupid... I slowly began to recognize... I never deeply believed in it. I recognized even in my youth that in all likelihood, god was just a lie people used to control me. Perhaps I should be somewhat thankful for my parents extreme ways.

You know, right now science can't prove what created the universe, if anything. This Is a big part of why mix-and-matchers still believe in god creating the universe. But it was the same with believing the earth was the center of the universe. I often wonder what will happen when science finally discovers and proves the reality of it all. I believe it will be a funny reaction from the church for me to chuckle at. To me, it doesn't matter what created the 'verse. I`m more interested in humans teraforming a planet eventually.

I like where science is headed.

#346698 - 08/16/08 11:46 PM Re: An introduction, though it is no longer required. [Re: Foris]
Foris Offline

Loc: Ohio, United States of America
Hello! I hate to double-post, but I have grand news!

I have gotten a part time job at an independantly owned macdonalds, and potentially a second job at a hospital nearby. Good thing too. Working for a family member is okay, but it gets obnoxious.

On the side of my biology-related ambitions, I've convinced my mother to allow me to make her back yard into a legally recognized sanctuary for bats! Awesome!

#346707 - 08/17/08 01:42 AM Re: An introduction, though it is no longer required. [Re: Foris]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Bats. Congratulations and please keep us informed. Those little creatures need all the help they can get.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
13211 Members
73 Forums
44457 Topics
407409 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold