Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#346857 - 08/18/08 08:03 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I love hearing your ideas and the way you write .....

What novels have you written until today?? Are they on the market??
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life." - Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." - Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939), The Future of an Illusion (1927)

#346871 - 08/18/08 09:47 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: Danielle Alicia
Barrytheblade, I am curious as to your story on how you managed to break free from the brainwashing effects of the JW religion, and at what age you did so? Would you mind sharing the information with me? I think it is always amazing when I hear of someone else's experiences in this regard.

Well, I started seeing a girl who was a witness. I was around sixteen, she was about fifteen, I think. Well, as you know, such things are frowned upon and we were both counseled by her father, who was an elder, that we shouldn't hug each other or anything. I was a bit chapped about it, of course.

Shortly after I got a job at a restaurant after school and didn't go to many meetings. I also spent my weekends hanging out at the house of a witness woman who was almost twice my age. I'll just say that we ended up in a bit of an illicit relationship and eventually her daughter, who was fourteen, also hooked up with me a few times. It was a bit of a mess, but I wasn't complaining.

I had a few visits from elders (my dad and stepmother weren't witnesses) and they were trying to find out why I wasn't attending meetings and why the witness lady I was visiting was suddenly having major marital problems. I just fell further and further away until I decided to join the army and disassociated myself officially. The witness "girlfriend" and I, of course, then broke it off and I stopped hanging out with the lady and her daughter.

A friend of mine was a new member of the CoS and he and I often discussed Satanism. I went to the bookstore and bought the Bible and read it in one sitting. I've never looked back.

#346886 - 08/18/08 10:21 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Seth Lucius
Are they on the market??

...naw. Too easy.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#346887 - 08/18/08 10:24 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Seth Lucius Offline

Oh ok ... I as gonna look for some and read .... frown
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life." - Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." - Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939), The Future of an Illusion (1927)

#346894 - 08/18/08 10:49 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I love hearing your ideas and the way you write .....

What novels have you written until today?? Are they on the market??

Yes, I currently have--I'll just say, several--novels on the market, but I write under various pseudonyms to keep my anonymity (among other reasons such as differing genre styles). My upcoming trilogy will be the first time I have ever used my real name on a piece. And, my trilogy will not be associated with any of my past work under various names. I am glad you enjoy what I write. Thank you so much for your interest! smile

#346895 - 08/18/08 10:55 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Pardon my dry humor. You asked if she were on the market. That generally means single. I was going to joke around, using that line as a segway. My post meant it was too easy.

But then again...being polyamorous, the Good Lady messed up the bad joke. wink grin

#346896 - 08/18/08 10:55 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: barrytheblade]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: barrytheblade
Barrytheblade, I am curious as to your story on how you managed to break free from the brainwashing effects of the JW religion, and at what age you did so? Would you mind sharing the information with me? I think it is always amazing when I hear of someone else's experiences in this regard.

Well, I started seeing a girl who was a witness. I was around sixteen, she was about fifteen, I think. Well, as you know, such things are frowned upon and we were both counseled by her father, who was an elder, that we shouldn't hug each other or anything. I was a bit chapped about it, of course.

Shortly after I got a job at a restaurant after school and didn't go to many meetings. I also spent my weekends hanging out at the house of a witness woman who was almost twice my age. I'll just say that we ended up in a bit of an illicit relationship and eventually her daughter, who was fourteen, also hooked up with me a few times. It was a bit of a mess, but I wasn't complaining.

I had a few visits from elders (my dad and stepmother weren't witnesses) and they were trying to find out why I wasn't attending meetings and why the witness lady I was visiting was suddenly having major marital problems. I just fell further and further away until I decided to join the army and disassociated myself officially. The witness "girlfriend" and I, of course, then broke it off and I stopped hanging out with the lady and her daughter.

A friend of mine was a new member of the CoS and he and I often discussed Satanism. I went to the bookstore and bought the Bible and read it in one sitting. I've never looked back.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about this situation. It seems to me you had a first-hand account of the hypocrisy--and utter ridiculousness--of the JW way of life. When I was young, my sister was caught in the backseat of a car making out with a ministerial school servant. This man was married, had two children already, and his wife was 8 months pregnant. Oh yes, my sister was only 16 at the time.
I'll never forget my father beating him up in front of my eyes! I had never seen violence before, and ran to my bedroom and cowered under the sheets.

#346900 - 08/18/08 11:01 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster

Pardon my dry humor. You asked if she were on the market. That generally means single. I was going to joke around, using that line as a segue. My post meant it was too easy.

But then again...being polyamorous, the Good Lady messed up the bad joke. wink grin

Yes, I suppose my lifestyle does screw up that joke. To answer: I am on the market in many ways, and easy is as easy does.
smile

Funny!

#346903 - 08/18/08 11:50 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

To answer: I am on the market in many ways, and easy is as easy does.
smile

I KNEW you were going to say that!

Thanks for not disappointing. grin

#346906 - 08/18/08 12:05 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Loc: WA
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about this situation. It seems to me you had a first-hand account of the hypocrisy--and utter ridiculousness--of the JW way of life. When I was young, my sister was caught in the backseat of a car making out with a ministerial school servant. This man was married, had two children already, and his wife was 8 months pregnant. Oh yes, my sister was only 16 at the time.
I'll never forget my father beating him up in front of my eyes! I had never seen violence before, and ran to my bedroom and cowered under the sheets.

Yeah, they try to come off as perfect Xtians, yet there are some extremely messed-up people in that organization. Yet they are very quick to throw blame. Looking back on it, it reminds me of old Quaker stories. It's like a modernized version of the old witch burnings.

I've heard stories of District Overseers getting bj's from some of the "sisters" and of course there was the scandal about the "demonic" drawings in a lot of the literature. There are even counter-watchtower organizations. The whole thing is a joke.

#346925 - 08/18/08 01:36 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
To answer: I am on the market in many ways, and easy is as easy does.
smile

I KNEW you were going to say that!

Thanks for not disappointing. grin

*Points at Roho then back at herself* "You and me, sympatico." wink *winks*

#346928 - 08/18/08 01:41 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: barrytheblade]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: barrytheblade

Yeah, they try to come off as perfect Xtians, yet there are some extremely messed-up people in that organization. Yet they are very quick to throw blame. Looking back on it, it reminds me of old Quaker stories. It's like a modernized version of the old witch burnings.

I've heard stories of District Overseers getting bj's from some of the "sisters" and of course there was the scandal about the "demonic" drawings in a lot of the literature. There are even counter-watchtower organizations. The whole thing is a joke.

I agree, it is a joke. I use to really enjoy--this was around 1999 or so--going to websites by people that had been disfellowshipped and reading their accounts. The reasons people were disfellowshipped were hilarious! One guy, named James Caputo, I believe, actually taped everything and wrote out the transcript on his site. smile

#347064 - 08/19/08 07:46 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Well, I was referring to the books, but if you are on the market in another ways, maybe I should check out the rest .... LOL smile

#347077 - 08/19/08 08:35 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Hi Seth! Well, I knew what you were asking, but I have already been asked this question in this thread, and answered in kind, so I just sort of light-heartedly responded this time. However, the answer you seek is that I write under a pseudonym (in fact, several), and keep my life private. Up to this point nothing has ever been published under my real name. My full real name has also never been seen on the web, anywhere.

This is also the first forum I have ever entered. I am enjoying my stay here thus far.
smile

#347078 - 08/19/08 08:38 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Also, I would recommend reading all the posts here in this thread if you are so inclined and have available slots of time, because it will provide valuable insights into my life. To "check out the rest," that would be the place to start. smile

But, that is only if you are interested in learning more. smile

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements