Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#347082 - 08/19/08 09:20 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hi Danielle.

I did read basically every post, I believe, in this thread....

I was just joking. You have very interesting ideas, and like I posted before, along with another thread, this is my favorite thread to read ... And I am the type of guy that is always interested on learning more ....

I was gonna check out some of your novels, because I love reading and I believe you write very well. Is there any one you suggest or you don't wanna make public the names you write under? You can always send me a private message .... LOL.
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life." - Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." - Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939), The Future of an Illusion (1927)

#347105 - 08/19/08 12:08 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Seth, I am sorry but I tell no one at all--only 3 people in my life actually know everything about me in this regard. You may already have my novels in your home and just not realize it.
I have two best friends, both of whom I have known since I was 8 years old. They have my novels and love them, and have no idea they were written by me.

I am glad you like this thread though! I have posted in a few other places in this forum, and you may find something to your liking by searching those posts out. smile

#347113 - 08/19/08 01:21 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

I quit Danielle .... LOL

Maybe I do have one of your novels .... who knows!!!

Yes, I read some of your posts. You actually posted on one that I started (Black Metal fans) and gave me some suggestions on dark classical music .... Thanks.
"Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life." - Nietzsche's The Birth of Tragedy, p.23, Walter Kaufmann transl.

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

"The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." - Sigmund Freud (1856 - 1939), The Future of an Illusion (1927)

#347158 - 08/19/08 05:34 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

I also wrote under "Artistically Altruistic."
By the way, have you listened to any of the classical music I suggested? Just curious if you have and what your thoughts were.

#347238 - 08/20/08 11:12 AM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Seth Lucius Offline

Not yet Danielle .... I've been quite busy. Not ime yet to search for it.... i will let you know when I listen to it. What do you think about Karl Orff?? I like his music ...

#347517 - 08/21/08 02:43 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: Seth Lucius]
Danielle Alicia
Unregistered

Well, I love his work. Carmina Burana is one of my favorite ballets. I just saw it again last year. smile
My favorite aria of all time, by the way, is Ebben? Ne andrņ lontana from Alfredo Catalani's opera, La Wally. If you ever get a chance to listen to it, it is brilliant, in my opinion. It was heavily featured in the French film, Diva.

#347522 - 08/21/08 03:10 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
barrytheblade Offline
Banned Douche

Loc: WA
Love Carmina Burana. Especially O Fortuna. If I had "walk-out music", that would be mine.

#347534 - 08/21/08 04:07 PM Re: Another Lengthy Introduction [Re: ]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The stated purpose of introduction apparently adequately served, thread locked.

So this doesn't appear personal, allow me:

- Personal discussions: PM system, that's what it's there for
- Offtopic discussions: form a new topic

Endlessly long threads are discouraged as it becomes impossible for anyone to digest them or keep track of them.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Forum Stats
12104 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405514 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements