Topic Options
#347762 - 08/22/08 07:01 PM Introduction
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Loc: England
Hello there

I've noted that an introduction should be posted within one week of signup and time's running out, so apologies for this somewhat hurried effort.

I was introduced to the truths of satanism by my son, now a Warlock with the CoS, who shall remain nameless until he choses to reveal himself. It must be difficult to know that your old man is upstairs "in da house".

Although not a member I have followed the workings of the CoS through him and a significant amount of lurking, both here and elsewhere. I have also read the Satanic Bible (three times) so have some degree of preparation in addition to the many many hours my son and I have spent discussing such matters. Membership is difficult for me at the moment as I work for a number of government organisations and am subject to the possibility of internet searches. Thinking, commenting and discussing are one thing - being a fully paid up member is another, but I hope shortly to change this.

I have long admired the philosophy of Docktor LaVey and think back to my youth in the early 60's when Famous Monsters of Filmland was about the only magazine I would buy, and which was imported to England from the States (2/6d, all of my pocket money). My parents thought I was odd then but my love for all things dark has never diminished. Neither has my oddness.

I hope to contribute here over time, and welcome the opportunity for healthy debate. I am English, living in England, and soon to be 53 years old. I have a further two non-satanic family members - my wife and daughter, whom along with my son I love dearly. I write poetry and short stories, am working on my first novel, keep a snake and smoke pipes. I am a curmudgeon.

In closing this brief intro I'd like to say a big hello to those in the CoS who already know me, should they accidently have ventured up from downstairs. If an edit facility exists I'll update this shortly (this is post No 1, so don't know about the edit).

HS!

Paul

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
http://ruraldean.wordpress.com

#347763 - 08/22/08 07:19 PM Welcome, from England's grey and pleasant land. [Re: ruraldean]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Originally Posted By: ruraldean
Hello there

I've noted that an introduction should be posted within one week of signup and time's running out, so apologies for this somewhat hurried effort.

You actually don't need to anymore, the rule has been changed, despite what it still says when you sign up. I daresay that'll get updated too at some point.

Speaking for myself alone, I know I appreciate introductions however, so thankyou jack

Quote:
I was introduced to the truths of satanism by my son, now a Warlock with the CoS, who shall remain nameless until he choses to reveal himself. It must be difficult to know that your old man is upstairs "in da house".

Hilariously, when I first read this I thought very briefly that you might be my father (his surname, like in your chosen name here, is "Dean", and I am an English Warlock) and this would be some revelation to me.

However, my father would not even know such a phrase as "in da house" (and things you say later indicate quite clearly you're not my father, lol - but there was a moment there where I wondered, very briefly).

As for your son's identity, if he's an English Warlock who posts on these boards, there's only two of us to my knowledge, so if it's not me, that does kind of highlight who it is, I'm afraid wink

Quote:
Membership is difficult for me at the moment as I work for a number of government organisations and am subject to the possibility of internet searches. Thinking, commenting and discussing are one thing - being a fully paid up member is another, but I hope shortly to change this.

It's very easy to maintain anonymity if you so desire, especially as the Church places absolutely no value on being a martyr, and respects the anonymity of those who wish to publicly remain so - but I gather your son has told you this already if you've not worked such out already from your readings and lurkings jack

Quote:
In closing this brief intro I'd like to say a big hello to those in the CoS who already know me, should they accidently have ventured up from downstairs. If an edit facility exists I'll update this shortly (this is post No 1, so don't know about the edit).

You can edit (as you'll have found out by now) but only within a short period of posting - three days, I think.

In any case, welcome to the boards!

It's always a pleasure to welcome a fellow Briton to LttD (and, hopefully it seems, to the Infernal Empire).

#347769 - 08/22/08 07:34 PM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

What up pops! devilchili

Still messing with them English broads heh?

When are you coming back to Compton?

#347819 - 08/23/08 01:37 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Now I might be wrong.

But I reckon I know who you are! crossbones

However, irregardless of that, welcome. skull

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#347841 - 08/23/08 05:03 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
Now I might be wrong.

But I reckon I know who you are! crossbones

However, irregardless of that, welcome. skull

Thank you Sir.

I reckon you DO know too.

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

#347844 - 08/23/08 05:33 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

Hey Dad!

What a pleasant surprise.

Tell mum I'll be over later. witch

#347851 - 08/23/08 06:06 AM Re: Introduction [Re: RustySpring]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Warlock_Dencappo
Hey Dad!

What a pleasant surprise.

Tell mum I'll be over later. witch

Well bugger me! So much for my cloak and dagger stuff. See you later son - bring money, bird and booze. Don't tell yer mum about the bird bit.

Does this confirm things for you Reverend?

#347852 - 08/23/08 06:12 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
What a pleasure to see you here! It's been a long time. coopdevil

I welcome and look forward to your contributions.

All the best,
Bruja

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#347854 - 08/23/08 06:42 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
This has been the most wonderful introduction Sir.

I, too, shall be 53 soon. But, alas, it is only me that belongs to the CoS.

I have daughters, and they think I'm crazy. One day they shall read my books.

But, this was so fun to see the several comments on your introduction, enjoy.

I look forward to hearing more from you, and your son who shall remain nameless!

Miss Mina

#347858 - 08/23/08 07:50 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
My parents thought I was odd then but my love for all things dark has never diminished. Neither has my oddness.

Is there an echo in here ...

Sounds like I just heard my own voice ...

smile

Welcome to LttD.

#347867 - 08/23/08 08:44 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Welcome sir!

Loved your intro, well wrought, well conceived and fun to read. I suspect the man behind the intro will be an interesting one to get to know.

Like verszou I also can identify with the odd and dark but I'll up him one and join you also in being curmudgeonly laugh

#347886 - 08/23/08 10:36 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Bruja]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Bruja
What a pleasure to see you here! It's been a long time. coopdevil

I welcome and look forward to your contributions.

All the best,
Bruja

Ahhhh... Bruja. Long time no see indeed. Back now after a sort of mental gap year as 'twer. Lovely to see you again, if only in electronic form. Hope you're well.

#347900 - 08/23/08 11:28 AM Re: Introduction [Re: ruraldean]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
It's a veritable Satanic family reunion! laugh

Welcome ruraldean, hope you enjoy your time here on LTTD.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#347912 - 08/23/08 12:20 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Callier]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Callier

What up pops! devilchili

Still messing with them English broads heh?

When are you coming back to Compton?

Ahah! Callier my son! (...thinks of way of explaining to current Mrs why mystery son is of a slightly different hue an' all).

Never speak to me of this in public again. Just keep spending the money I send.

BTW - thank you to everyone for the kind welcome.

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements