Topic Options
#347453 - 08/21/08 10:41 AM Anti-Christian Movement
DoubtingMind Offline

What is CoS' opinion about the anti-christian movement... I HAVE read the satanic bible and I of course do not see anything that praises christianity. But what is the opinion on direct anti-christian movements?

I see myself as a anti-christian in the way that I despise christianity as a religion but I have a lot of christian friends whom I respect.

#347461 - 08/21/08 10:53 AM Re: Anti-Christian Movement [Re: DoubtingMind]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
We are the anti-thesis of Christianity.

But as long as they don't get in our way, and keep themselves to themselves, they are not even worth bothering about.

We have no affiliation or contact with these "anti-Christian movements"

We've got better things to do than concern ourselves with such hoo haa.

#347617 - 08/22/08 02:06 AM Re: Anti-Christian Movement [Re: DoubtingMind]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: DoubtingMind
What is CoS' opinion about the anti-christian movement... I HAVE read the satanic bible and I of course do not see anything that praises christianity. But what is the opinion on direct anti-christian movements?
I see myself as a anti-christian in the way that I despise christianity as a religion but I have a lot of christian friends whom I respect.

Obviously, Satanism is philosophically against Christianity as a religion, and against spiritual religions in general. Just compare the 9 Satanic Statements to the Gospels, Buddhism's 4 Noble Truths, Koran, etc. and you'll see that the two are incompatible on a fundamental level. In fact, the Church of Satan took that bold stand as an organization 40 years before The God Delusion was even published.

When it comes to groups, fads, and movements in general, the Church of Satan typically leaves it up for the individual Satanist to decide whether or not it's worth his or her own time. So long as the thing isn't inherently incompatible with Satanism, the question then becomes "What can I gain from this?"

Personally I have mixed feelings on the so called anti-Christian "movement". On one hand, I'm glad to see people rising up to challenge the Christians who have an agenda to turn my country into a theocracy. Some good books have come out in the last 5 years too. But on the down side, Christian bashing can quickly become redundant and counter-productive. I really have no interest in reading a list of Bible contradictions, or about the evil past affairs of Pope such-and-such. Also, there's nothing Satanic about trolling a Christian message board. It doesn't make people smarter, just annoyed. Christianity is a crutch for many people, but when you kick somebody's crutch away they don't suddenly start walking like you -- they just cling tighter to that crutch.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#347682 - 08/22/08 10:38 AM Re: Anti-Christian Movement [Re: Bill_M]
DoubtingMind Offline

Thank you for the answers it was the answers I had hoped for...

I am not a part of the general movement or an association but simply see myself as an anti-christian.

Edited by DoubtingMind (08/22/08 10:38 AM)

#347963 - 08/23/08 05:22 PM Re: Anti-Christian Movement [Re: DoubtingMind]
liquidyoda Offline

[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

#348114 - 08/24/08 11:33 AM Re: Anti-Christian Movement [Re: liquidyoda]
Butterball Offline

[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by Magister_Harris (08/24/08 12:11 PM)

Forum Stats
12009 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405198 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements