Topic Options
#348652 - 08/26/08 10:35 PM The "Dark Essence"
emperorlives Offline

Loc: Alabama
In the Satanic Bible, Anton LaVey states that "God" is the balancing factor in nature, I get the impression that this factor has sort of a "dark" (if you will) vibe to it.

I consider myself a night owl, and find solace during the nighttime hours more than I do when the sun is out.... And to me, the world just "feels" so different at night, it's like the lack of light makes everything exhume such a different "force". It's quite electrifying to me. cool

Now, since I feel this way, but I don't believe in it as an entity that has any bearing on my life, can I still be considered a Satanist by CoS standards? I can't help but worry that this thought, which certainly not theistic, could possibly be seen as "hogwash".

I realize that there are some in hear that claim Satanism, but have deistic or even agnostic tendencies (I found this out after a rather strenuous affair with this board's search function). I don't know how common this is as a whole, but I did find it rather fascinating considering my views on something such as this "essence" in life that I feel.

Thank you for your time, as I realize that I have a propensity to ramble quite a bit!

Ave Satanas!

#348669 - 08/27/08 01:41 AM Re: The "Dark Essence" [Re: emperorlives]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: U.K
If you prefer the night to daytime then I suggest you work the night-shift.

I see no bearing the choice would make on whatever concept of God you choose to accept.

>> I realize that there are some in hear that claim Satanism, but have deistic or even agnostic tendencies <<

I've seen that myself and I can't speak for those people but since The Satanic Bible is quite clear and absolute in its atheistic stance I think what they espouse is highly misleading and misrepresentative.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Forum Stats
12777 Members
73 Forums
44201 Topics
405942 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold