Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#348882 - 08/28/08 01:02 PM Ohoy there (an introduction)
yama Offline

Loc: Norway
Another newbie has entered! Thought i could do a little introduction, even if its not "needed".

I come from Norway and has lived here since i popped out in 1985. Norway is an absolutely beautiful country i think, but the extremely high taxes and way overpriced gas is about to drive me insane. I am at the moment living with my beautiful fiance and a furry creature (a Yorkshire Terrier) called Linus (named after Linus Torvalds). Yes, i am what people would call a geek, and not ashamed of it. I love to spend time with the misses and puppy. But also love playing video games, listening to music and watching a movie and exploring the world of Linux. When it comes to music i listen to Rock, Metal (and some sub-genres, yes, also Black Metal) and country (only the good 'ol stuff though). In the movie world i like pretty much everything except horror movies (some of the old ones are really good though). In the gaming world i am open to everything.

Like most Norwegians i have grown up in a christian family and spent many hours infront of a preaching teacher. Learning how wonderful and perfect that realigion is and that its the "only" way. My parents arent brainwashed, but my increasing facination for the dark side that started many, many, years ago has made them worried. And i was for a long time actually afraid to move away from the christian religion and express my disagreement. When i started listening to Metal and sang along i was afraid to sing the word "satan". I even remember not daring to sing "God Hates Us All" (from the SLAYER song "Disciple"). Kind of emberessing to admit that since i was 16 when it was released. And i must admit that when it all started i was even worried about what was going to happen with me. Would i end up in hell and for the rest of my life feel the wrath of god? It was like that for a while, but that time is long gone. At this point i know its stupid to think like that but thats how it was. I was even kinda nervous when i visited the COS website, so it took some time before i started exploring it blush . My mom has finally realised that i am a normal bloke and isnt sacrificing kids and/or animals, i aint drinking blood and i have not had sex in the churchyard and/or burned down a church.

From the first time i started to actually read whats on the website i found myself to actually agree with it. I say "actually" cause i must admit that i belived all the articles and bullshit told by ignorants. But it also made me curious. Its of course all bullshit, and bad eggs that give it a bad rep is impossible to avoid. Even christianity and the catholics have those.

I have not read the Satanic Bible yet. Simply because i have spent the time trying to learn more before taking the next step toward beeing a COS member. So it will be ordered the next time money enter my bank account.

I am looking forward to spending more time here and i hope to be a contributing member. And when i learn more and find out it is without doubt the right thing for me i hope to be a contributing COS member.

The rambling must come to an end, right now!!!

So thats it. Enough about me. If you have read through it all i admire you wink

EDIT: On second thought it was a bad thread title, so i added "an introduction" to describe its content better.

Edited by yama (08/28/08 03:25 PM)

#348909 - 08/28/08 03:40 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Zardex Offline

Originally Posted By: yama
Like most Norwegians i have grown up in a christian family and spent many hours in front of a preaching teacher.

How do you get most Norwegians growing up in a christian family when 72% of Norwegians are agnostics or atheists and 31% are atheists?
http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_atheist.html

#348913 - 08/28/08 03:55 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Hello, welcome smile

I too read the Church of Satan website frequently even though I have read TSB (also, frequently). It seems I'm always finding something interesting there to read... it's a diabolical work in and of itself.

As to your point vis a vie christians, they are quite good at using their own brand of lesser magic to spread lies about what Satanism is and what it isn't. You won't find anyone here who condones the activities you described but you will likely find people here who share your interests in music, computers, gaming and Yorkies (I have one myself).

#348914 - 08/28/08 03:58 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Zardex]
yama Offline

Originally Posted By: Zardex
Like most Norwegians i have grown up in a christian family and spent many hours in front of a preaching teacher.

How do you get most Norwegians growing up in a christian family when 72% of Norwegians are agnostics or atheists and 31% are atheists?

I see now that i should have used "many" instead of "most". Bad choice of word.

I dont know how correct their info is. But when i looked into how to get out of the norwegian church i came across a page at kirken.no (in english its church.no) with info and it says that 83% of the norwegians are members of the church. A correct number or percentage of how many of the members that actually are christians i cant give cause i dont know. I know of people that are members of the norwegian church but doesnt consider themselves christians. They are just too lazy to sign out. But i still dont think that saying many Norwegians are christians is way wrong.

EDIT:
Originally Posted By: skullfarmer
Hello, welcome smile

I too read the Church of Satan website frequently even though I have read TSB (also, frequently). It seems I'm always finding something interesting there to read... it's a diabolical work in and of itself.

As to your point vis a vie christians, they are quite good at using their own brand of lesser magic to spread lies about what Satanism is and what it isn't. You won't find anyone here who condones the activities you described but you will likely find people here who share your interests in music, computers, gaming and Yorkies (I have one myself).

Good to hear wink

Yorkies are so cute, i was completly sold when the misses showed me a pic of them. She has made fun of me some times though, when we first got him. Me with my MayheM shirt, worn out jeans, old converse shoes and that little dog. She said i looked a little feminine.

It is so much stuff on the COS site, reading through it all take some time. No wonder you always find something new to read. I love how much info it is there, doubt i have found it all.

So i have learned, that its not something that the COS agree on. Too bad that most doesnt realise that and judge us based on ignorance.

Thanks for the welcome smile

Edited by yama (08/28/08 04:18 PM)

#348916 - 08/28/08 04:18 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Velkommen!

Enjoy your stay!

Oh, and HEIA NORGE! grin

#348917 - 08/28/08 04:21 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: $lesk]
yama Offline

Takker og bukk ... oh, sorry. Thanks i mean whistle

And i am sure i will.

Nice to see a fellow Norwegian here.

EDIT:
Came to think about something, and i was correct. I can order from the online book store bokkilden.no (which seel the satanic bible) and just pay when it arrives. Since it takes so long for them to deliver i will have the cash when i get it. So within the next 10-20 days it should be in my hands.

Edited by yama (08/28/08 04:34 PM)

#348921 - 08/28/08 04:40 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Fnord Offline

She said i looked a little feminine.

I have to walk my little darling after dark and in the shadows. She doesn't do a lot to assist me in projecting a fearsome countenance. laugh

#348925 - 08/28/08 05:18 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Fnord]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
I have to walk my little darling after dark and in the shadows. She doesn't do a lot to assist me in projecting a fearsome countenance. laugh

Our High Priest's Hellhound is a huge, vicious, ferocious beast, with great slavering jaws; the kind of dog who would look perfectly at home wearing a macho spiked collar, and being walked by the Terminator.

Well, nearly that macho, anyway.

#348926 - 08/28/08 05:26 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Linguascelesta]
Fnord Offline

So I've heard, Sir! (5:06)

This is a great interview, by the by, for those who haven't heard it.

#348931 - 08/28/08 05:48 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
...and i have not had sex in the churchyard

I see nothing wrong with doing that...

Edited by Seeker Of Wisdom (08/28/08 05:49 PM)

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#348958 - 08/28/08 07:55 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Seeker Of Wisdom]
Divine Flaw Offline

I have had sex in churchyards, but for no more reason than the heat of the momment. I have also had sex in a museum. I wouldn't have said it was Satanic if caught and arrested for indicent exposure. I did not feel that being around the dead or viewing great masterpieces were a turn on. She was just a looker. I just thought of it as 'the girl needed attending too, and neither headstones nor art could stand in our way'.

#349018 - 08/29/08 03:17 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Divine Flaw]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Thanks for the info. crazy

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#349019 - 08/29/08 03:28 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Divine Flaw]
yama Offline

She said i looked a little feminine.

haha. Know what you mean. Only thing my little pup do is make people go "aaaaaah. what a cute little dog".

Originally Posted By: Divine Flaw
I have had sex in churchyards, but for no more reason than the heat of the momment. I have also had sex in a museum. I wouldn't have said it was Satanic if caught and arrested for indicent exposure. I did not feel that being around the dead or viewing great masterpieces were a turn on. She was just a looker. I just thought of it as 'the girl needed attending too, and neither headstones nor art could stand in our way'.

Good for you ... i guess.

#349029 - 08/29/08 04:41 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Divine Flaw]
Giovanni Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Fishers,IN
The award goes to......

Not you!

rip

#349033 - 08/29/08 05:28 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Zardex]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Zardex

According to the same link the danish population is 43 - 80% so that's between two in five and four in five people - large minority to large majority. To me that's more like saying "we don't really know".

At the same time the members of the official state church is more then 80% of the population. And most will say that they have a christian background (as opposed to muslim, hindu etc.).

Anyway, getting back on topic. Welcome to the board yama smile

#349036 - 08/29/08 06:23 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: verszou]
yama Offline

Thanks verszou smile

#349037 - 08/29/08 06:26 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Zardex]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway

>>Nearly 83% of Norwegians are members of the state Church of Norway, to which they are registered at birth. Many remain in the state church to be able to use services such as baptism, confirmation, marriage and burial, rites which have strong cultural standing in Norway. Up to 40% of the membership attends church or religious meetings during a year,[33] with fewer attending regularly.

According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005, 32% of Norwegian citizens responded that "they believe there is a god," whereas 47% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 17% that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force."[34]

"Eurobarometer on Social Values, Science and technology 2005" (PDF) p.11. Retrieved on 2007-05-05.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#349084 - 08/29/08 10:11 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Another Norwegian?! Lot's Satanists over there it seams...

Welcome to hell then fellow Scandinavian!

PS. Watch out for Pac-man. wink

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#349147 - 08/29/08 04:00 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: L0ki]
yama Offline

Thanks for providing that info Discipline. Never thought of using wikipedia.

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
Another Norwegian?! Lot's Satanists over there it seams...

Welcome to hell then fellow Scandinavian!

PS. Watch out for Pac-man. wink

Thanks smile

Great to see there are fellow scandinavians here.

Haha. Yea, have learned to watch my back and not piss him off. He is so scary when angry.

Edited by yama (08/29/08 04:01 PM)

#349151 - 08/29/08 04:04 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
Velkommen!

As for TSB:
I bought mine at Tanum. It was fairly cheap; kr 99,- or so.

Just mentioning it. wink

Enjoy your stay.

Carpe Noctem

#349258 - 08/30/08 04:38 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Alia]
yama Offline

Originally Posted By: Alia
Velkommen!

As for TSB:
I bought mine at Tanum. It was fairly cheap; kr 99,- or so.

Just mentioning it. wink

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks. I think i will.

Grateful for the tip. But i, unfortunantly, ordered it from bokkilden.no two days ago. I see now that i could have ordered the book from tanum cheaper and recieved it way faster. Would have had to order it since they dont have a store where i live. And the local bookstores dont have it. Too bad i didnt think about looking for it at Gardemoen earlier this summer.

#349476 - 08/31/08 01:43 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

They don't have it at Gardermoen. (I checked). wink

#349664 - 09/01/08 04:03 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: $lesk]
yama Offline

Good to know i dont have to kick myself in the ass anymore then. Probably the best for me to order it from the online store. Going to the local bookstore or any other book store and ask for "The Satanic Bible" is probably not the best if my boss or someone with a habit of telling see me.

Not that i am emberessed, but considering the ignorance of most people it is the best for me to do it this way.

#349755 - 09/02/08 04:05 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Jovidiah Offline

Loc: Central PA
Be embarassed. Its alright. Trust me, once you read it, it wont be embarrassing to even carry it with you. More than likely you'll be eager to spread your new found knowledge about what Satanism really is all about.

My local country (as in "the sticks") bookstore sells the Satanic Bible. I got the most judgemental stares EVER when I took it up to the counter. When I went back to order more books, they refused to order it. Soon after they got rid of their "New Age" section, which unfortunately was the section they put The Satanic Bible in. I actually bought the Quran at the same time as The Satanic Bible...I don't fly, but Im pretty sure if I tried to, that alone got me on a list somewhere. (A Satanic Terrorist! HOLY SHIT! Who do we bomb now?!)

Anyway, not too long ago, I was of the same mindset thinking that Satanism was this or that, or that black metal bands were Satanic and it was about worshipping Satan.

Thankfully it was not. In fact, it was almost an exact philosophy I had had after reading so much about other religions, and deciding that they all were detrimental to the human race.

Ive only been on this board for a week or so, and you're going to see alot of posts from assholes that just want to poke holes into everything you say. People that look up Wikipedia facts about Norway and try to start an argument about it with someone who lives in Norway...y'know.

But as I soon found out regardless of your interests or personality there are people that will be willing and able to show you around a bit.

Unfortunately Im as new as you, so Im not one of them.

Edited by Jovidiah (09/02/08 04:06 AM)

#349798 - 09/02/08 10:59 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I am at the moment living with my beautiful fiance and a furry creature (a Yorkshire Terrier) called Linus (named after Linus Torvalds).

My! Norway has VERY liberal marriage laws!! shocked

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#349826 - 09/02/08 12:10 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
In Norway I would be a Polygamist, I have 4 Yorkies!

#349841 - 09/02/08 02:05 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Descendant]
yama Offline

Originally Posted By: Jovidiah
Be embarassed. Its alright. Trust me, once you read it, it wont be embarrassing to even carry it with you. More than likely you'll be eager to spread your new found knowledge about what Satanism really is all about.

My local country (as in "the sticks") bookstore sells the Satanic Bible. I got the most judgemental stares EVER when I took it up to the counter. When I went back to order more books, they refused to order it. Soon after they got rid of their "New Age" section, which unfortunately was the section they put The Satanic Bible in. I actually bought the Quran at the same time as The Satanic Bible...I don't fly, but Im pretty sure if I tried to, that alone got me on a list somewhere. (A Satanic Terrorist! HOLY SHIT! Who do we bomb now?!)

Anyway, not too long ago, I was of the same mindset thinking that Satanism was this or that, or that black metal bands were Satanic and it was about worshipping Satan.

Thankfully it was not. In fact, it was almost an exact philosophy I had had after reading so much about other religions, and deciding that they all were detrimental to the human race.

Ive only been on this board for a week or so, and you're going to see alot of posts from assholes that just want to poke holes into everything you say. People that look up Wikipedia facts about Norway and try to start an argument about it with someone who lives in Norway...y'know.

But as I soon found out regardless of your interests or personality there are people that will be willing and able to show you around a bit.

Unfortunately Im as new as you, so Im not one of them.

Thats how i expect it would be where i live too. The younger generation isnt that bad and most have some active braincells. But even with the younger generation there are many ignorant idiots... As long as people are geniunly interested in learning i am willing to talk. But a long time ago i learned that most arent (at least from my experience). Most are out to just talk bullshit and already have their mind set up that "you are wrong". Thats fine, i accept that. But dont bother me if you dont want to listen.

I have learned alot after coming here. And i like to see that as long as you show that you are truly interested people are willing to answer your question and teach you how it is.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
I am at the moment living with my beautiful fiance and a furry creature (a Yorkshire Terrier) called Linus (named after Linus Torvalds).

My! Norway has VERY liberal marriage laws!! shocked

Haha. Oh yeah. Doesnt matter if it has two or four legs. As long as its alive and breathing you are free to have a relationship to it. Only one of each race though.

Originally Posted By: Descendant
In Norway I would be a Polygamist, I have 4 Yorkies!

You are a major player then. Good for you.

#349847 - 09/02/08 02:29 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
You have made a wise decision in planning to purchase The Satanic Bible.
The cost is low.
It is straight forward...nothing couched in mysterious language or anything.
Once read, it will be obvious whether it is for you or not.
This forum has its uses, but it is not really wise to base your ideas about Satanism on the posts here. You never know...we could all be nuts! wink

I appreciate your appreciation of humor, by the way.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#350256 - 09/04/08 03:32 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
yama Offline

Ditto. Take things to seriously and it all gets boring.

Its way cheaper then expected. Book plus shipping was about 15US... Thats what i thought too. And i will know that what i read is the truth and not having to rely on whatever is written on random sites.

Thanks for the warning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12009 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405198 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements