Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#349556 - 08/31/08 10:36 PM Latest CoS Interview
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
23 August, XLIII A.S.:
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/News.html
Magus Gilmore had a delightful conversation with host Todd Sheets.

http://www.nightwatchshow.com/index.cfm?t=replays
Its a little over a half hour though the download file is 90 minutes.

#349654 - 09/01/08 01:24 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ror]
Butterball Offline

Thank you for posting this. I always enjoy hearing Magus Gilmore talk, he has a pleasant speaking voice and an entertaining way with words.

#349667 - 09/01/08 04:05 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Butterball]
yama Offline

Loc: Norway
Thanks for letting us know smile

#349668 - 09/01/08 04:06 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ror]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington
Originally Posted By: ror
Its a little over a half hour though the download file is 90 minutes.

This was an excellent interview! It's about 40 - 45 minutes long. What I like about this was that Todd Sheets wasn't an ass with some kind of Christian agenda.

#349720 - 09/01/08 09:59 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ror]
Delev Offline

Loc: Central California
Damn, that is a good interview...many thanks for the heads-up!

#349743 - 09/02/08 02:17 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
Jovidiah Offline

Loc: Central PA
says the dude with a king diamond avatar...im kind of kidding.

seriously though, ive seen like two king diamond interviews about satanism...one from denmark and one from like germany or some shit...both of them are subtitled, rather than english, so maybe something is lost in translation, but especially the one thats from denmark and readily available on youtube, he seems to have an understanding of the concepts but backs down pretty hard with a few of the questions. obviously it looks like an early appearance with a fairly large crowd, and an overbearing christian, but being brought up in christian churches myself, thought that if he had any kind of education on any other religion, he'd have much stronger arguments....maybe not stronger but more informed.

#349927 - 09/03/08 12:39 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
Jovidiah Offline

No, it was the one with the two teenagers. Id have to watch it again to remember just what it was I didnt totally agree with. I think one of them was that he was trying to make a point by using a christian example, and was a bit off, or could have made a clearer connection to his point. Whatever, that's why he's in a fucking rock and roll band I guess. It doesnt much matter. Them and Conspiracy are enough proof of his literacy.
No, I saw the one you posted too. I didnt really watch it closely after the Halloween questions.

Edited by Jovidiah (09/03/08 12:43 AM)

#349963 - 09/03/08 06:37 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
Blackspring Offline

Loc: London
I think the Christian example Jovidiah may have been refering to was his showing the cameras his inverted cross and saying that Satanism was "Opposite" to Christianity.
This I think is not a great way to portray Satanism in a public forum as it just reinforces what the dumb Christians already think - Devil Worship.
Lose the inverted crosses!

#349984 - 09/03/08 09:39 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Blackspring]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Not to ignore the current trend toward King Diamond, I just have nothing to add to that particular stream of conversation...

I think High Priest Gilmore is one of the most lucid and articulate speakers I've ever heard. I really enjoy listening to him speak about the historical aspects of religion and how he came to the place where he is at present. He's a very engaging story teller and speaker.

#349998 - 09/03/08 10:59 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
That was a good video, I'd never seen it before.

Thanks for posting it.

#350084 - 09/03/08 06:12 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Fnord]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: skullfarmer
Not to ignore the current trend toward King Diamond, I just have nothing to add to that particular stream of conversation...

I think High Priest Gilmore is one of the most lucid and articulate speakers I've ever heard. I really enjoy listening to him speak about the historical aspects of religion and how he came to the place where he is at present. He's a very engaging story teller and speaker.

Couldn't agree more! devilchili

#350147 - 09/04/08 02:33 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
Jovidiah Offline

So to get back to the subject, I suppose. yeah, I clicked on links and all I got was an advertisment for an Electric Frankenstein show and the other one had links to the radio shows but I couldnt find the one discussed.

Any help?

#350148 - 09/04/08 02:34 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Jovidiah]
Jovidiah Offline

Electric Frankenstein is pretty rad though...except for "Phatty Boom Batty"

#350151 - 09/04/08 02:58 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Jovidiah]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
Thanks for the link! I enjoyed listening to this interview very much! I couldn't agree more as to his articulate and wise way of speaking. I find his voice and features very serene and soothing and I like the little humorous intonations he has at times. To me High Priest Gilmore really comes off as someone who has succeeded (and still is succeeding) in living his life to the fullest and enjoying it very much! devilchili
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

#350165 - 09/04/08 04:41 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Jovidiah]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
Originally Posted By: Jovidiah
Any help?

I listened to it here: http://www.nightwatchshow.com/index.cfm?t=replays

But it was already mentioned in the original post of this thread, enjoy!
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

#350172 - 09/04/08 06:57 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
Zardex Offline

Originally Posted By: JustAnotherBeast
What I like about it is Sheets is a very intelligent man and very rational,I bet if he Reads the Satanic Bible he will see himself.

You should listen a little further before making that judgment.
The way he "interviews" that astrology cook who claims that stars have an effect on peoples minds makes him look more like a poster boy for gullibility then a man of independent thought.
I bet he agrees with anyone about everything, or then it's just his strategy for interviewing.

#350175 - 09/04/08 07:28 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
If I remember correctly this TV spot was made many years ago when Mercyful Fate was just starting out. As I recall KD has later said that he went on TV at the time both to set the record straight, but of course also to promote his music, which worked very well. He is on TV here as a musician, not as a CoS representative, even though he has brought The Satanic Bible with him.

#350189 - 09/04/08 08:41 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
LightAngel Offline

He he King Diamond is not just intelligent, he is also very good looking ....... and I LOVE his nose, great Dane indeed!

Please entertain us some more.

#350335 - 09/05/08 06:47 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
LightAngel Offline

Thanks grin

That's what I call entertainment. - Lets hope his back will be tiptop soon, so he can take a full King Diamond tour.

#357049 - 10/25/08 07:36 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ror]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Next Show: 10-25-08
Big Halloween Show!

Tonight is Warren's birthday and our famous halloween edition. We have lots of surprises in store: doing our annual live ouija board experiment, casting spells on the air, exorcims, Pinhead's Graveyeard, and Peter H. Gilmore, High Priest of the Church of Satan.
http://www.SpeakingOfStrange.com/

On 10/28
http://www.nightwatchshow.com/

http://www.timeout.com/newyork/articles/own-this-city/68136/haunted-houses

#357304 - 10/27/08 03:36 AM 10/25/8 Interview Download [Re: ror]
ror Offline
CoS Member

#357306 - 10/27/08 04:11 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: LightAngel]
all hallows
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: LightAngel
He he King Diamond is not just intelligent, he is also very good looking ....... and I LOVE his nose, great Dane indeed!

Please entertain us some more.

i was almost wholly convinced that i was the only girl in the world that thought that.

Edited by all hallows (10/27/08 04:16 AM)

#357327 - 10/27/08 09:40 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
YA'LL SHOULD CALL YERSELVES DEMOCRATS!

I think a good rule of thumb for screening calls would be to ask callers to pronounce "Bible," and then phase out the ones who say "Baa-bull."

And, while it can go either way, I find you have to watch out for the people who start off their query with a "Hey, YEEEEAAAH."

Thanks for posting, Ror. Highly entertaining interview.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#357427 - 10/27/08 08:31 PM Re: 10/25/8 Interview Download [Re: ror]
Apprenticius Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Richmond, VA
Thank you for posting the interview. Mr. Warren has gained access that is clearly unprecedented; it is good to see that he is returning the respect. How long that lasts is yet to be determined.

In both his film and interviews of this nature Mr. Warren does as well as can be expected. I look forward to him moving past the cursory questions to appease his call-in audience and exploring “Deep Satanism” in future interviews; as described by Svengali in his new book titled, Essays in Satanism.

The questions are so ignorant, disappointedly so from the people who work for Mr. Warren as well; do some show prep for crying out loud. As far as the callers, Peter Gilmore destroyed them.

#357491 - 10/28/08 07:36 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: ror]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
What the hell was Mr. Warren thinking letting that vomitious pig (the first caller) on the air?

It was blatantly clear he knew how he would be prior to allowing it.

Atleast Magus Gilmore drew the line.

Undercroft

#357520 - 10/28/08 09:48 AM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: Darkahn]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
I just got around to listening to this. I agree, that caller was quite a brute and full of false bravado. Although it was difficult to listen to the caller's one-sided ramblings, he does no justice to his dead religion.

I'm glad that Warren allowed that caller if only to give a Christian a fair chance to represent his/her side. However, it's too bad he chose to debase himself rather than challenge his own intellect. Magus Gilmore handled himself beautifully.

I doubt that our astute High Priest will read this, but a toast to you, sir!

#357689 - 10/29/08 08:22 PM Re: Latest CoS Interview [Re: TrojZyr]
ror Offline
CoS Member

'Great to hear your thoughts on it. As for the Nightwatch interview, its on the 21st instead of the 28th as shown on the site:

20 min. interview starting at 19:23-38:11
For some reason they placed the download file in the 21st instead of the 28th just so you guys don't make the same mistake I did and then got frustrated/confused over it! tired

#372619 - 02/22/09 11:23 PM 2/20/9 Magister Lang interview [Re: ror]
ror Offline
CoS Member

http://purgingtalon.com/diabologue/
"Magister Robert A. Lang recently braved the somewhat tedious and occasionally projecting questions of Q Transmissions, a skeptical talk show in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. As the Great White North’s primary representative for Satanism, Magister Lang discusses the purpose of ritual, the power of the “S” word, Lesser Magic, and more."
http://www.cjsr.ualberta.ca/newsmp3s/q/Church_of_Satan.mp3

#375612 - 03/23/09 05:38 PM Magus Gilmore on the Nature of Existence [Re: ror]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Officially Announced today:

From my viewing & update soon after seeing the film's premiere:
http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=371751&an=

Here is the quote from what was in the movie:
What is sin?
"Major religions will take regular human behaviors and call them wrong, sinful and so you're going to be beholden to these priests for an absolution from what is natural and that is the greatest con game in all of history.

The punishment for sin is indulgence."
http://thenatureofexistence.com/author/magus_peter_gilmore/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405256 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements