Topic Options
#350001 - 09/03/08 11:05 AM Unsure if this is for me - need a little help with the fundamental
kimmysticks Offline

Loc: NY
Hello all,

I admit I come to you mostly uneducated in the ways of Satanism, so I apologize in advance if I seem ignorant or offend anyone.

I describe myself as an atheist, as I don't believe in a god/deity of any sort, and I also dislike/disagree with organized religions worshipping such. People sometimes ask me if I am a Satanist (falsely assuming Satanism and atheism are one and the same) and I say no - though I have often wondered to myself if Satanism would be for me.

My big question is: if I don't believe in a god, how can I decide I am a Satanist, if by nature, Satan is the 'counterpart' to the christian god? Am I missing some key piece of information? I just feel like acknowledging Satan would in turn acknowledge a god, as they have always been presented to me as dualities. Therefore it seems to me like no belief in god = no belief in Satan. Is this accurate?

Any ideas/facts would be welcome, and thank you!

#350004 - 09/03/08 11:08 AM Re: Unsure if this is for me - need a little help with the fundamental [Re: kimmysticks]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I do not wish to appear curt but...

Read The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey.

Then you will be able to make the decision for yourself.

#350007 - 09/03/08 11:10 AM Re: Unsure if this is for me - need a little help with the fundamental [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
kimmysticks Offline

Loc: NY
Yes and I just saw the 'At the very least read this' link...here's to paying attention!

Thank you for your response!

Forum Stats
12009 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405196 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements