yama Offline

Loc: Norway
Thanks verszou smile

#349037 - 08/29/08 06:26 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Zardex]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway

>>Nearly 83% of Norwegians are members of the state Church of Norway, to which they are registered at birth. Many remain in the state church to be able to use services such as baptism, confirmation, marriage and burial, rites which have strong cultural standing in Norway. Up to 40% of the membership attends church or religious meetings during a year,[33] with fewer attending regularly.

According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005, 32% of Norwegian citizens responded that "they believe there is a god," whereas 47% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 17% that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, god, or life force."[34]

"Eurobarometer on Social Values, Science and technology 2005" (PDF) p.11. Retrieved on 2007-05-05.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#349084 - 08/29/08 10:11 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Another Norwegian?! Lot's Satanists over there it seams...

Welcome to hell then fellow Scandinavian!

PS. Watch out for Pac-man. wink

#349147 - 08/29/08 04:00 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: L0ki]
yama Offline

Thanks for providing that info Discipline. Never thought of using wikipedia.

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
Another Norwegian?! Lot's Satanists over there it seams...

Welcome to hell then fellow Scandinavian!

PS. Watch out for Pac-man. wink

Thanks smile

Great to see there are fellow scandinavians here.

Haha. Yea, have learned to watch my back and not piss him off. He is so scary when angry.

Edited by yama (08/29/08 04:01 PM)

#349151 - 08/29/08 04:04 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
Velkommen!

As for TSB:
I bought mine at Tanum. It was fairly cheap; kr 99,- or so.

Just mentioning it. wink

Enjoy your stay.

Carpe Noctem

#349258 - 08/30/08 04:38 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Alia]
yama Offline

Originally Posted By: Alia
Velkommen!

As for TSB:
I bought mine at Tanum. It was fairly cheap; kr 99,- or so.

Just mentioning it. wink

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks. I think i will.

Grateful for the tip. But i, unfortunantly, ordered it from bokkilden.no two days ago. I see now that i could have ordered the book from tanum cheaper and recieved it way faster. Would have had to order it since they dont have a store where i live. And the local bookstores dont have it. Too bad i didnt think about looking for it at Gardemoen earlier this summer.

#349476 - 08/31/08 01:43 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

They don't have it at Gardermoen. (I checked). wink

#349664 - 09/01/08 04:03 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: $lesk]
yama Offline

Good to know i dont have to kick myself in the ass anymore then. Probably the best for me to order it from the online store. Going to the local bookstore or any other book store and ask for "The Satanic Bible" is probably not the best if my boss or someone with a habit of telling see me.

Not that i am emberessed, but considering the ignorance of most people it is the best for me to do it this way.

#349755 - 09/02/08 04:05 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Jovidiah Offline

Loc: Central PA
Be embarassed. Its alright. Trust me, once you read it, it wont be embarrassing to even carry it with you. More than likely you'll be eager to spread your new found knowledge about what Satanism really is all about.

My local country (as in "the sticks") bookstore sells the Satanic Bible. I got the most judgemental stares EVER when I took it up to the counter. When I went back to order more books, they refused to order it. Soon after they got rid of their "New Age" section, which unfortunately was the section they put The Satanic Bible in. I actually bought the Quran at the same time as The Satanic Bible...I don't fly, but Im pretty sure if I tried to, that alone got me on a list somewhere. (A Satanic Terrorist! HOLY SHIT! Who do we bomb now?!)

Anyway, not too long ago, I was of the same mindset thinking that Satanism was this or that, or that black metal bands were Satanic and it was about worshipping Satan.

Thankfully it was not. In fact, it was almost an exact philosophy I had had after reading so much about other religions, and deciding that they all were detrimental to the human race.

Ive only been on this board for a week or so, and you're going to see alot of posts from assholes that just want to poke holes into everything you say. People that look up Wikipedia facts about Norway and try to start an argument about it with someone who lives in Norway...y'know.

But as I soon found out regardless of your interests or personality there are people that will be willing and able to show you around a bit.

Unfortunately Im as new as you, so Im not one of them.

Edited by Jovidiah (09/02/08 04:06 AM)

#349798 - 09/02/08 10:59 AM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: yama
I am at the moment living with my beautiful fiance and a furry creature (a Yorkshire Terrier) called Linus (named after Linus Torvalds).

My! Norway has VERY liberal marriage laws!! shocked

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#349826 - 09/02/08 12:10 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
In Norway I would be a Polygamist, I have 4 Yorkies!

#349841 - 09/02/08 02:05 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Descendant]
yama Offline

Originally Posted By: Jovidiah
Be embarassed. Its alright. Trust me, once you read it, it wont be embarrassing to even carry it with you. More than likely you'll be eager to spread your new found knowledge about what Satanism really is all about.

My local country (as in "the sticks") bookstore sells the Satanic Bible. I got the most judgemental stares EVER when I took it up to the counter. When I went back to order more books, they refused to order it. Soon after they got rid of their "New Age" section, which unfortunately was the section they put The Satanic Bible in. I actually bought the Quran at the same time as The Satanic Bible...I don't fly, but Im pretty sure if I tried to, that alone got me on a list somewhere. (A Satanic Terrorist! HOLY SHIT! Who do we bomb now?!)

Anyway, not too long ago, I was of the same mindset thinking that Satanism was this or that, or that black metal bands were Satanic and it was about worshipping Satan.

Thankfully it was not. In fact, it was almost an exact philosophy I had had after reading so much about other religions, and deciding that they all were detrimental to the human race.

Ive only been on this board for a week or so, and you're going to see alot of posts from assholes that just want to poke holes into everything you say. People that look up Wikipedia facts about Norway and try to start an argument about it with someone who lives in Norway...y'know.

But as I soon found out regardless of your interests or personality there are people that will be willing and able to show you around a bit.

Unfortunately Im as new as you, so Im not one of them.

Thats how i expect it would be where i live too. The younger generation isnt that bad and most have some active braincells. But even with the younger generation there are many ignorant idiots... As long as people are geniunly interested in learning i am willing to talk. But a long time ago i learned that most arent (at least from my experience). Most are out to just talk bullshit and already have their mind set up that "you are wrong". Thats fine, i accept that. But dont bother me if you dont want to listen.

I have learned alot after coming here. And i like to see that as long as you show that you are truly interested people are willing to answer your question and teach you how it is.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Originally Posted By: yama
I am at the moment living with my beautiful fiance and a furry creature (a Yorkshire Terrier) called Linus (named after Linus Torvalds).

My! Norway has VERY liberal marriage laws!! shocked

Haha. Oh yeah. Doesnt matter if it has two or four legs. As long as its alive and breathing you are free to have a relationship to it. Only one of each race though.

Originally Posted By: Descendant
In Norway I would be a Polygamist, I have 4 Yorkies!

You are a major player then. Good for you.

#349847 - 09/02/08 02:29 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: yama]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
You have made a wise decision in planning to purchase The Satanic Bible.
The cost is low.
It is straight forward...nothing couched in mysterious language or anything.
Once read, it will be obvious whether it is for you or not.
This forum has its uses, but it is not really wise to base your ideas about Satanism on the posts here. You never know...we could all be nuts! wink

I appreciate your appreciation of humor, by the way.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#350256 - 09/04/08 03:32 PM Re: Ohoy there (an introduction) [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
yama Offline

Ditto. Take things to seriously and it all gets boring.

Its way cheaper then expected. Book plus shipping was about 15US... Thats what i thought too. And i will know that what i read is the truth and not having to rely on whatever is written on random sites.

Thanks for the warning.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12104 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405515 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements