Topic Options
#347350 - 08/21/08 02:03 AM Thelema
Litalaie1 Offline

I have heard it rumoured (in several circles, many versions) that there is some unspoken connection between the CoS & Thelemic groups like the A.'.A.'. or the O.T.O. The gossip proceeds to the effect that: There is a parent gnostic-illuminati type- group operating as an "inner circle," while the CoS "dumbs down" the more esoteric aspects of the resultant secret philosophy for a broader audience- essentially running a vulgate facade. Could someone of authority please effectively debunk/respond to this?

#347355 - 08/21/08 02:23 AM Re: Thelema [Re: Litalaie1]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I have heard it rumoured <<

You shouldn't listen to rumours.

>> The gossip proceeds to the effect that...<<

Gossip?

Can't you think for yourself?

Or at least take the time to study?

Read first The Satanic Bible and the move on to our other literature.

Then you will be informed.

I recommend you read The Satanic Scriptures by our High Priest Peter H. Gilmore. This book will provide you with a thorough oversight on where The CoS stands.

Edited by WhiskeyBickley (08/21/08 03:37 AM)
Edit Reason: Typin Eros

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#347403 - 08/21/08 07:53 AM Re: Thelema [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Litalaie1 Offline

With all due respect, assumptions as to my literacy & study habits are unnecessary. I did not approach this topic with a caustic tone; & I expect the same courtesy. You seem to have infered that these are my personal beliefs. That is false. I presented an extreme example (of a much varied theme) to provide this administration with an opportunity to contend against a popular misconception. Like it or not, rumour is a powerful & often crippling aspect of society. When confronted with these rumours again, I would appreciate having an authoritive statement to which I may direct inquirers. The Satanic Bible is an excellent information source; but it states philosophy, ritual, procedure, etc. It does not detail the specifics of institutional hierarchy or associations. I would appreciate a more detailed (less condescending) response.

#347410 - 08/21/08 08:22 AM Re: Thelema [Re: Litalaie1]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Satanism is a materialistic Religion emphasizing the carnal.

Why would we associate with otherworldly, mystical, spiritual, or so-called transcendental religions?

They have NOTHING to offer us and we have NO use for them.

So the answer to your question is NO.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#347417 - 08/21/08 08:52 AM Re: Thelema [Re: Litalaie1]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I presented an extreme example (of a much varied theme) to provide this administration with an opportunity to contend against a popular misconception.<<

Well, thank you so much for kindly offering us such a grand opportunity.

Not that we are in any way concerned with what the herd thinks.

>> Like it or not, rumour is a powerful & often crippling aspect of society. <<

I could not care less how much society cripples itself with rumours.

The Church of Satan fully expects those who resonate with our tenets to possess the guille to sort the wheat from the chaff by themselves.

>> I would appreciate having an authoritive statement to which I may direct inquirers.<<

Then direct them to www.churchofsatan.com

>> The Satanic Bible is an excellent information source; but it states philosophy, ritual, procedure, etc. <<

Yes. The contents of which is the very basis of what separates us from the mystical organisations you state the rumours pair us with.

For further clarification I pointed you towards our wider literature.

Once again, thank you for making available this wonderful opportunity to "contend against this popular misconception." But the fact is, if people can't work it out for themselves we don't care.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#347419 - 08/21/08 08:56 AM Re: Thelema [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Litalaie1 Offline

Excellent. Thank you for that more thorough (albeit sarcastic) & expedient response. I look forward to future participation in this forum.

#350145 - 09/04/08 02:25 AM Re: Thelema [Re: Litalaie1]
shredmonkey Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Only Moderators and Members of the Priesthood may reply to threads in this forum. All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by LKRice (09/04/08 03:01 AM)
"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. Prejudices can kill and suspision can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children and the children yet unborn."
-Rod Serling

#350291 - 09/04/08 07:09 PM Go to the Source. [Re: Litalaie1]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/LaVeyPastOccultism.html

I would happily debunk your rumor except that it is quite impossible to prove that one is not involved with a conspiracy! jack

After all, David Ickes will tell you that the Queen of England is a reptile masquerading as a human being, and any attempt to dispute that only "proves" that you are in league with the reptiles! rip

Rumors abound about just about everything and anything but in this one case, Satanism. the answers are all right there. Just read the literature which is all publicly available without first assuming we are lying to you.

You might just find something very fulfilling and useful as a consequence.

Most truly effective secrets are "open" secrets. They are in plain view but require some effort to be useful.

That is certainly true here.

Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements