Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35200 - 04/14/04 03:11 AM Vampirism
Carkosa Offline

I am fully aware that discussions about the TOV are not permitted here. I plan on researching that realm on my own. This is NOT a discussion about the TOV, but about *Vampirism* in general. Here in NYC the Vamp scene is fairly large and more Satanists are getting involved. I have always gravitated toward the Vampire aesthetic and have been involved in the "scene" just for the enjoyment, but the silly politics involved and the many fake Goths caused me to become disenchanted rather quickly. I have known people who were in the scene that got involved just to gain silly titles, ranks, popularity or another identity that they were lacking. And others who actualy really believed in it as a religion. My question is...what is the Satanic perspective on Vampirism? Be it actual religion or aesthetic? Are the philosphies compatible? And most importantly, what does Vampirism mean to you?

#35201 - 04/14/04 03:46 AM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

what does Vampirism mean to you?

Stock for entertaining novels and films, and little else.

Oh and I also like to chuckle at pretentious little silly goth kids that think they are vampires. Thats entertainment right there.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#35202 - 04/14/04 04:21 AM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
...what does Vampirism mean to you?

You stated, This is NOT a discussion about the TOV, but about *Vampirism* in general.

The 'vamp scene' is not Vampirism.

Do NOT get the two confused.

You also stated, "I plan on researching that realm on my own."

I warmly invite you to the Gate of the Temple at the ToV Message Board. There, you will encounter a post entitled, "Real Vampires versus pretenders". This post clearly answers your stated set of questions.

I would begin THERE, rather then here.

Go straight to the source.

Josephine Seven
Adept
Temple of the Vampire

#35203 - 04/14/04 05:48 AM Re: Vampirism [Re: Josephine007]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

The 'vamp scene' is not Vampirism.

Do NOT get the two confused.

Of course not! Believe me, I know the difference. I only referred to the Vamp scene because... A)I only gravitated to it because of the aesthetic and because those type of nightclubs tend to play the music I listen to. I am a party goer, I was there for the party, nothing more. I just happened to meet some people along the way, thus allowing me to further witness what this scene was truly about on a deeper level. I was not impressed or pleased after knowing what their version of Vampirism was about. I already knew this was NOT the place to go to research this realm. B) I noticed that more Satanists (some COS members) are going to these events.

Quote:

I warmly invite you to the Gate of the Temple at the ToV Message Board. There, you will encounter a post entitled, "Real Vampires versus pretenders". This post clearly answers your stated set of questions.

I would begin THERE, rather then here.

Go straight to the source.

Thank you. I have already been there before. I plan on purchasing the Vampire Bible and I've read Magister Nemo's post a while ago. It was wonderfully written and I share his sentiments. But that is only one point of view...I would like to hear view points from other Satanists here as well, TOV member or not. And like I said, this doesn't have to delve into specifics about the TOV religion. I can find that out on my own.

#35204 - 04/14/04 01:18 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
I see no problem with role playing, as long as a person realizes that they are indeed only role playing.

And that is precisely what you are refering to: role playing. It should not be confused with Vampirism, just as a man dressed up as a chicken should not be confused with a genuine chicken. Putting on a black cape and plastic fangs does not allow one to live forever any more than putting on a chicken suit will allow one to lay an egg.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#35205 - 04/14/04 01:23 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Putting on a black cape and plastic fangs does not allow one to live forever any more than putting on a chicken suit will allow one to lay an egg.

I like that analogy.

#35206 - 04/14/04 01:24 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I have known people who were in the scene that got involved just to gain silly titles, ranks, popularity or another identity that they were lacking.

Sounds like the vamp scene is rife with the same sort of idiots who gravitate to pseudo-Satanic organizations.
Prevention of Virtue

#35207 - 04/14/04 01:54 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Your inquiry would be answered completely with a little study. The philosophies of both are outlined in their Bibles.

Temple of the Vampire

The Church of Satan

Study these, and you will have your answers. Then you will not need to rely on the opinions of others, but instead on cold hard facts. The true bedrock of knowledge.

Regards,
Solomon

Edited by Solomon (04/14/04 01:57 PM)

#35208 - 04/14/04 02:56 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

I see no problem with role playing, as long as a person realizes that they are indeed only role playing.

Me either...it's all about having fun. That is the only value I found going to these places. Nothing more.

Quote:

And that is precisely what you are refering to: role playing. It should not be confused with Vampirism, just as a man dressed up as a chicken should not be confused with a genuine chicken. Putting on a black cape and plastic fangs does not allow one to live forever any more than putting on a chicken suit will allow one to lay an egg.

I am not confused, I expressed I knew the difference already. I agree with your analogy, unfortunatly many people don't. Actually, I wasn't just refering to roleplay, I was asking what *real* Vampirism means to individuals also. To me, Vampirism is a "higher level" of Satanism...
attaining or developing powers of the body and mind such as, superior strength, clairvoyance, telepathy, etc. *is* becoming truly divine. Any pompous minion can read the Satanic Bible and claim he is a God just because Dr LaVey says so! To me, just acknowledging that there are no dieties before you, so that automatically makes you a "god" is just not cutting it. What makes one truly divine? Advancing your mind and body does! I have encountered many individuals who are Satanists and claim that they are "gods" but don't know the first thing about self defense, and advancing the body or mind! I consider myself to be very openminded and I can attest that these abilities can be attained and worked on. There are also many stupid individuals in the Vamp scene that don't know the first thing about this subject either. Now as for the TOV, that is something that I really don't know about but I'm planning to research...but that is not this discussion.

#35209 - 04/14/04 03:05 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Solomon]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Your inquiry would be answered completely with a little study. The philosophies of both are outlined in their Bibles.

Temple of the Vampire

The Church of Satan

Study these, and you will have your answers. Then you will not need to rely on the opinions of others, but instead on cold hard facts. The true bedrock of knowledge.

I do study. I am not relying on the opinions of others...I'm just curious. I was aiming for a discussion not a course on Vampirism or Satanism. I just gave my opinion and I would like to hear yours. I'm not looking for answers...I know where to go, just an intellectual discussion.

#35210 - 04/14/04 03:16 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: LKRice]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Sounds like the vamp scene is rife with the same sort of idiots who gravitate to pseudo-Satanic organizations.

Yes you are correct. It's ridiculous and not much different. You tend to find those psuedo-Satanists here too. You find card carrying members there also. But I'm assuming that they are there just for their amusement and the party just like I was.

#35211 - 04/14/04 03:49 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Any pompous minion can read the Satanic Bible and claim he is a God just because Dr LaVey says so!

Dr. LaVey never said so. He never said I was a God. In fact I never had the pleasure of speaking with him. I just had the pleasure of reading his books and finding myself in his words.

The importance is not believing you are a god but being a god. One must remember there are others who are gods as well. A god can still be destoryed and so one must understand the importance of survival.

Edited by Discipline (04/14/04 04:29 PM)

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#35212 - 04/14/04 03:54 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
But I'm assuming that they are there just for their amusement and the party just like I was

Not always, though. The phenomenon of Church of Satan members going to vamp clubs and even joining pseudo-vampire groups and religions seems to be international. I can understand the goth part to a degree - a dark aesthetic seems to appeal to many Satanists.
So if you ever cross the Atlantic and go to a "vampyre" event, chances are good there will be some card-carrying CoS members there also. Not the ones I would personally associate with, but still, CoS members . And if you count the people that call themselves Satanists without actually having joined the Church of Satan (not a prerequisite, I know) or even having recognized themselves in the Satanic Bible, their numbers go up dramatically.

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#35213 - 04/14/04 03:57 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Discipline]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Any pompous minion can read the Satanic Bible and claim he is a God just because Dr LaVey says so!

Dr. LaVey never said so. He never said I was a God.

True...but I'm sure you get the jist of what I'm trying to convey. When many people read the philosophy of Satanism they tend to assume this.

Quote:

The importance is not believe you are a god but being a god. One must remember there are others who are gods as well. A god can still be destoryed and so one must understand the importance of survival.

Defintely! Which is why it is so vital to advance the body and the mind!

#35214 - 04/14/04 04:11 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
I was asking what *real* Vampirism means to individuals also.

That is like asking what "real Satanism" means to individuals. It is a loaded question. There is only one definition for either of these terms.

Also, as pointed out by others, this is not the place to discuss this topic.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406056 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements