Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35215 - 04/14/04 04:14 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
In my mind, saying that all goths are idiots is like saying that all African-Americans are inferior. It cannot be proven conclusively. However, it does not make much difference. The Satanist is the highest embodiment of life. Anything else would be explored merely as a means of entertainment and/or perhaps a lesson in herd behavior; as far as the limited context of this discussion is concerned.

#35216 - 04/14/04 04:15 PM Lies [Re: Carkosa]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
You claim to understand that the ToV is not discussed outside the ToV, but that you wish to discuss "real" Vampirism.

Vampirism is not discussed outside the ToV. If you wish to discuss it, go there. You are wasting your breath trying to do so here.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#35217 - 04/14/04 04:20 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

True...but I'm sure you get the jist of what I'm trying to convey. When many people read the philosophy of Satanism they tend to assume this.

How can you be sure that people who read the Satanic Bible make this assumption? I would not look fondly on such a person. It is the name of the game. Lex Talionis.

From the perspective of a dolt, anyone who might actually be a true to life Master is just as much of a phony as someone without a clue claiming to be Jesus.

This is not an "assumption" in the mind of a Satanist; only in the mind of a dolt. I would not even favor assumption in general, which I would also apply to the idea of being Vampiric.

#35218 - 04/14/04 04:29 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

As much as I admire your intent of remaining in the "safe zone", there is unfortunately a catch-22 here that makes this discussion unacceptable. Many Satanists are members of the ToV, including Priests and Magisters, and a discussion of gothic vampires would make little sense to a ToV member. At the same time, for those of us who are not ToV members and think of any Goth or Vampire as being role-playing and pure fiction, all comments in that "vein" are also going to cause a disturbance here. I'm not holding anything against you for trying, but for these reasons, it simply can't be done decently.

#35219 - 04/14/04 04:56 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
Ya know, there are actual vampires (not scenesters or RPGers) outside of the ToV.

You know that right? Psi/Psy vampires, sang vampires, They dont run into your house suck your neck and run away at 2am, but there are vampires outside of the ToV and outside of fashion scenes.

Edited by Stanton_Vetalas (04/14/04 04:58 PM)

#35220 - 04/14/04 04:58 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Yes, I am aware of that. But I hardly think that many other people would have a clue as to who exactly they are.

#35221 - 04/14/04 04:59 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Alright. I've just been reading a couple threads like these here and there and spent a little time hovering at the ToV board, and it just seems as if, as far as they're concerned, they don't exist.

#35222 - 04/14/04 05:50 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Your questions should not be asked here. This is a forum for Satanists. Even though there are Satanists that are members of ToV this is still not the place to discuss it. Any questions you have for the Temple should be asked at their forum. There you will find those who are well informed and your questions will be answered in the appropriate territory.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#35223 - 04/14/04 06:15 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
DancingintheDark Offline

Quote:

To me, Vampirism is a "higher level" of Satanism...
attaining or developing powers of the body and mind such as, superior strength, clairvoyance, telepathy, etc. *is* becoming truly divine.

A "higher level" of Satanism? I would have thought that aesthetically, vampirism would appeal more as a kind of mirror image to Satanism, where "reality" or dayside has an inverse or fantasy/nightside. I guess the idea of an immortal God preying on the weak is not that big a leap of the imagination away from the idea of the Satanic "wolf" scattering confusion amongst the sheep.

In any case, any Satanist worth his salt should be seeking to develop his mind and body anyway, whether attracted to the vampire aesthetic or not. I sincerely doubt if telepathy and clairvoyance are worthwhile aspirations however, as compared to spiritual pipe dreams. Though heightened imagination, concentration, relaxation practices etc would quite likely pave the way for more intuitive and insightful experiences. As long as one's critical faculties are well exercised too. Balance!

#35224 - 04/14/04 06:57 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

Ya know, there are actual vampires (not scenesters or RPGers) outside of the ToV.

You know that right? Psi/Psy vampires, sang vampires, They dont run into your house suck your neck and run away at 2am, but there are vampires outside of the ToV and outside of fashion scenes.

No, they are not Vampires, they are disturbed individuals who cannot tell the difference between right from wrong, or fiction from fact.

#35225 - 04/14/04 07:01 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Carkosa]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Now, who was it that said.....

"whatever it is, I'm against it."

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#35226 - 04/14/04 07:12 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Satanya]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Yeah ok... I'm not gonna bother getting into this on here. Like I said in a PM earlier today, I don't care much to make people think the same as me.

So whatever. I'll go back to the music forum now.

#35227 - 04/14/04 07:31 PM Re: Who said it. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Groucho Marx in his wonderful role as supreme Captain Jeffrey T.Spaulding.

#35228 - 04/14/04 08:08 PM Re: Who said it. [Re: Nemo]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Right, but didn't he say that in regards to anything in general, as taking the stance of having an opinion regardless of caring to hear the facts about whatever may be the case? Well, I'm uncertain I get UVs joke.

#35229 - 04/14/04 08:11 PM Re: Vampirism [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

Yeah ok... I'm not gonna bother getting into this on here. Like I said in a PM earlier today, I don't care much to make people think the same as me.

So whatever. I'll go back to the music forum now.

Oh dear.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406348 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements