Topic Options
#351398 - 09/13/08 03:20 AM A Question on Greater Magic
DarkenedOne Offline

Loc: Thailand
Greetings to everyone! First of all, I would like to extend my gratitude to the organization; for having me recognize my self. The Church of Satan has given me so much inspiration through the literature and through media broadcasting alike: Satanismtoday.podomatic.com and radiofreesatan.com

I have read The Satanic Bible and I’m convinced that we needed tools for a successful ritual. I would only like to be clarified on some questions: can I perform a successful greater magic ritual with incomplete accoutrements? (I know we need The Satanic Bible for reference on a greater magic ritual; hence I can also provide a doll, candles, pieces of papers and pins.) Can someone (or have anyone) within a year of realizing he or she is a Satanist, and have practiced lesser magic, be successful in performing the intellectual decompression chamber ritual; using only imagery but without the Baphomet symbol and all the other relevant tools?

Edited by DarkenedOne (09/13/08 05:53 AM)
Edit Reason: error on link information

#351401 - 09/13/08 03:34 AM Re: A Question on Greater Magic [Re: DarkenedOne]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
In my opinion, yes.

We are limited only by our imagination.

But as we gain more experience we naturally feel more comfortable utilising whatever we personally feel is valuable and useful to us. As we learn more, we craft magic to our ourselves.

Few Satanists follow the rituals exactly as they are written in The Satanic Bible. It will set you on your journey - but we learn to perform it as we wish.

Like any skill or craft - we need to learn. It's a personal journey. It will take time and practice.

But as you begin, always remember - there are no failures. Only lessons.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#351410 - 09/13/08 06:03 AM Re: A Question on Greater Magic [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
DarkenedOne Offline

Thank you, Reverend for sharing your helpful answer on my query.

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley

But as you begin, always remember - there are no failures. Only lessons.

It gives me a broader notion on crafting magic, I acknowledge your advice.

#351500 - 09/14/08 12:48 AM Re: A Question on Greater Magic [Re: DarkenedOne]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: DarkenedOne
I would only like to be clarified on some questions: can I perform a successful greater magic ritual with incomplete accoutrements?

The short answer is yes. To quote an article I wrote for Ninth Gate magazine:

Most occult practices present the steps like links in a chain: do one step wrong or leave out one ingredient, and the whole thing won’t work. The practice of Satanic magic and ceremony however is more like a rope. Cutting away one fiber of the rope doesn’t render the whole rope useless. However, adding more and more fibers to the rope strengthens it. The rope in this case is your ritual chamber and the set up of your ceremony. Ritual tools, background music, the removal of distractions, and the words and motions of the ceremony all serve to reinforce the “intellectual decompression” environment you’re trying to create. The better you can create a temporary environment for suspending counter-productive judgment and for properly channeling your thoughts, the more effective things will be.

There’s no need to be hung-up on making your first ritual “perfect”. In fact there’s no such thing as a perfect ritual. If we could create the exact environments we always wanted, then we probably wouldn’t need ritual in the first place! You can, however, make minor substitutions and still have a ceremony that serves its purpose.
[...]
all of the items needed for a solitary and formal Satanic ritual can either be found right in your own home (clothing, altar, chalice and elixir, paper), created by yourself (Baphomet), substituted (sword, bell, candles), or left out entirely (phallus, gong).

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#352252 - 09/19/08 11:34 PM Re: A Question on Greater Magic [Re: Bill_M]
DarkenedOne Offline

Thank you Reverend Bill M., for the additional advice on the subject. You've made a clear explanation as well.

By the way, I enjoy listening to your program, The Devil's Mischief.

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements