Topic Options
#35265 - 04/14/04 11:05 AM Visible presence of the CoS.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Upon returning from a business trip to NYC, i thought struck me. If an organisation like the Church Of $cientology can have 'walk-in' centres, then surely with the new millenium well established that the CoS should have the same?

In it's 37 years of existence, has the CoS ever considered setting up such, either in the US or other country? The benefits would be enourmous, particularly with the recent increase in Xtian faith with the release of Gibson's 'Passion...'

#35266 - 04/14/04 11:13 AM Re: Visible presence of the CoS.
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Unlike The Church of Scientology, we do not extort large sums of money from our members, nor do we give 'IQ tests', or offer expensive 'therapy' for confused actors and actresses.

We don't recruit. No 'walk-in center' needed.

People find us, we don't harass them. In most cases, we don't even want them.

Funny thing, when I was 12 or 13 I started reading Dianetics and filled out a business reply form to request more information about the church.

My mother STILL gets junk mail from them. I'm nearly 30 and I've never responded. Recently, she even received a hand written postcard asking how I was doing. She mailed it to me and we had a good laugh.

The Church of Satan is the opposite of this kind of nonsense.

Edited by Jack_Malebranche (04/14/04 11:19 AM)

#35267 - 04/14/04 11:29 AM Re: Visible presence of the CoS. [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

We don't recruit. No 'walk-in center' needed.

The CoS DOES recruit, Sir. The first page of the CoS website clearly claims "We are looking for a few outstanding individuals."

Besides, i don't see a problem with the CoS organising an Annual meeting in either the US and/or UK for it's members. We should be a visible presence where we can educate people to the truth of the CoS rather than hope that people will drift our way and expand our ranks.

#35268 - 04/14/04 11:59 AM We?
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

We should be a visible presence where we can educate people to the truth of the CoS rather than hope that people will drift our way and expand our ranks.

What's this 'we' shit, pilgrim?

You have just noted elsewhere that you are not a member of our organization.

This pleases me.

Which is the point. We DO NOT actively recruit nor seek to 'expand our ranks', because we are only looking for like-minded (outstanding, in our opinion) individuals. We don't want to get every Tom, Dick and Harry excited to 'sign on' and start a revolution. That's just not what we're about. Tom, Dick and Harry would all really annoy us. If anything, The CoS is a 'Tom, Dick, and Harry-free zone'. We get enough of them in the real world.

The CoS will not sacrifice the integrity of its principals simply to increase membership.

This conversation...is over.

Forum Stats
12021 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405244 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements