Topic Options
#351607 - 09/14/08 09:11 PM My Wish List from the CoS Emporium for Halloween!
Evening Rain Offline

I was really tempted in purchasing some of the jewelry you had selling on eBay. That bracelet was so nice! But something tells me that you have some new sterling silver pieces coming in because of the demand for it right now! Is this true?

#351611 - 09/14/08 09:30 PM Re: My Wish List from the CoS Emporium for Halloween! [Re: Evening Rain]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Actually, I do not have anything in sterling planned until at least sometime in early 2009. I sold my personal items because of increasing server costs and low sales on the emporium. I do what needs to be done to keep everything up and running.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#351615 - 09/14/08 10:24 PM Re: My Wish List from the CoS Emporium for Halloween! [Re: Magister Frost]
Evening Rain Offline

Wow that really surprises me! I figured you would have demand for sterling silver. Well I will be happy when I receive the red with black baphomet I ordered recently. And I look forward to hearing what you have coming up for us in 2009!!

#351741 - 09/15/08 08:51 PM Thank You Magister Ventrue... "Donate to the Devil" Perhaps? [Re: Magister Frost]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Magister, I tip my hat to you sir. Obviously, the tightly sealed wallets in our economy know no bounds or limits to any of us in the Infernal Empire. Your dedication to this site is nothing short of Unbelievably Admirable. Especially when there's no doubt you could more than easily generate the necessary finances to maintain this site through the sale of ad space. However, that action may very well bastardize this "clean" venue.

I honestly can't tell you how disappointing it is to read that you have had to use your Personal Collection to keep this all running smooth. I sincerely hope that you are able to Recollect as much of that collection as possible.

Further, as I continue to develop my own websites, I am finding out just how intense the coding process is at present. Discovering the various forms of code and that "html" will soon be obsolete (according to one tech guru I spoke with) is both fascinating and confusing. Your Skill is very much appreciated.

Perhaps creating a means to "Donate to the Devil" should be considered. A simple PayPal button that we, as gracious users, could donate - even if only a couple dollars.

Just my thoughts.

Hail Magister Ventrue and his "Letters to the Devil"!!
HS! jack

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#351762 - 09/15/08 10:10 PM Re: My Wish List from the CoS Emporium for Halloween! [Re: Magister Frost]
Evening Rain Offline

I just reread your post and feel that I am hearing you for the first time. I did not realize the CoS Emporium was struggling and that you had to sell your own personal pieces to stay afloat. I am sorry about that. I am in agreement with Storm, about having a donation system here at Lttd. I've seen it before, and they all use PayPal. And those sites that are worthy, and absolutely your sites are definitely worthy, get my attention and my money.

HS!

#351829 - 09/16/08 04:35 PM Re: My Wish List from the CoS Emporium for Halloween! [Re: Evening Rain]
andy3004 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
@Evening Rain:
Just try to live by an own enterprise for a change!
I am sure you will be.... surprised!

#351841 - 09/16/08 05:16 PM Re: My Wish List from the CoS Emporium for Halloween! [Re: andy3004]
andy3004 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
@Storm:
<Quote> Perhaps creating a means to "Donate to the Devil" should be considered. </Quote>

It should not be "donate" but "contribute", methinks.
Yet, sustaining the Satanist websites is in all our interests...

The "PayPal" button you suggest definitely got some charm, but then again.... >_<

#352545 - 09/22/08 11:36 AM Re: Thank You Magister Ventrue... "Donate to the Devil" Perhaps? [Re: Storm]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you for your suggestions but I built this system on the fact that unlike all the other sites out there, Satannet (or anything else I create for that matter) will never ask for donations. It will always be a free system, and I will do whatever I need to make sure it stays that way.

This is the core reason why I have always stated, if you want to give back to these services, purchase something from one of my stores. All proceeds from the CoS Emporium go to hosting fees and upgrades to the system (along with funding the creation of new products). In the case of my fragrance company (EveningEclipse), some proceeds from there go to funding and upgrading the Undercroft.

The donation system may work well for some other sites, but I have always been under the philosophy that if you create something that is free to use, it should remain that way. The creator should just find a reasonable way to fund the project.

I work for a living just like everyone else, my "companies" just fund my side projects so we can all have a little fun after the work day is done!

So again, if you want to give back to the system, buy from the Emporium, EE, or bid on my Auctions ... I mean some of these items are insanely rare and highly collectible!

I still have 2 Rex Church prints to put up, a ton of Rare Magazines with Dr. LaVey in them, the Last Etched Baphomet Flask, a few more books, and a ton of other misc. things. So if you are interested, I would highly suggest checking the CoS_Emporium auctions every day on Ebay ... or you might miss out on something!

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (09/22/08 11:37 AM)

From Hell,

Magister Frost

We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#354003 - 10/04/08 05:06 PM Re: Thank You Magister Ventrue... "Donate to the Devil" Perhaps? [Re: Magister Frost]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Colorado
Thank you for the auction, as I am quite pleased with the items made available. I almost feel guilty for practically stealing one of my purchases.

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#356970 - 10/25/08 08:07 AM Re: Thank You Magister Ventrue... "Donate to the Devil" Perhaps? [Re: Magister Frost]
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
Dear Magister, you philosophy is admirable but as you know the ideas do not feed the body.
In my opinion to ask for example 4 $ a year to people who participate in the Letters to the Devil Members area will not change substantially your policy. Instead my opinion is that to put a donate button may confuse us with the others religious groups. With donations, people think to acquire rights for donating and besides, what frequently starts as a free donation becomes a donation with a not stated but very high minimum amount, like here it happens in the hospitals to the nurses.
It is not against the Satanic attitude to be compensated for a service. With a little annual payment we all will be happy and you will have a little contribution at least for the server cost. You have to pay bills, in spite of your philosophy. A grotto has a balance and the members pay the expenses, but your online grotto is totally free.
I agree that our activity should not produce extra money but I do not see anything bad in paying the expenses, as everything we buy has a price.
Think about it Magister.

Xerx

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404435 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements