Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#346501 - 08/16/08 08:47 AM Re: Crazy or not? [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Ha!

Ah yes, the irreducible complexity of the human bunghole--could blind nature have created such an intricate work of beauty? No, friends, for it bears upon its cheeky hide the subtle signs of having been held, and forged, and loved, and ever-so-softly squeezed, by Greater Hands, yes, by an Intelligent Designer (who just so happens to bear an uncanny resemblance to the Biblical Deity, but that's just a coincidence, kids) who yet still moves among us in the world, as we speak--silent as a cloud, but deadly to those who deny him.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#346601 - 08/16/08 05:09 PM Re: Credibility of man's evolution [Re: LordofDarkness]
TheAbysmal Offline

LordOfDarkness,

I would definitely recommend, as others have already, that you read some of the authoritative texts on the subject, particularly of Richard Dawkins and Charles Darwin. I would also recommend reading "Skeptic Magazine" and "The Skeptical Inquirer", two magazines that often feature articals and debates on the subjects of evolution, creationism, and ID. The last issue of "Skeptic Magazine" featured great (IMO) discussions on Ben Stein's "Expelled" and other sources of misinformation.

Speaking of misinformation, there is much of it out there. So much, in fact, it is rather easy to read much on the subject of evolution and still have an entirely wrong, or more charitably, uninformed view. All it takes is to read much from the wrong sources.

Refuse to die.

#354836 - 10/09/08 12:02 AM Re: Credibility of man's evolution [Re: TheAbysmal]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Thank you Vitaeviternus for your advice. I will look into it as soon as I go to the book store.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#354986 - 10/10/08 12:25 AM Re: Credibility of man's evolution [Re: LordofDarkness]
Cel Offline

If you would like a step by step explanation of how the theory of Evolution maps human evolution you should really look into "The Ancestor's Tale" by Dawkins. That is an amazing read and very helpful when you are trying to understand Evolution a little better.

As to the evolution fact or theory discussion that was going on I just want to point out one more things. Someone mentioned that AIDS can evolve. I know it was pointed out that AIDS is a Syndrome but I just wanted to make one more thing perfectly clear.

AIDS is not a physical thing, technically, for all intents and purposes it DOES NOT exist. It is a classification given to a group of illnesses found in the body of a person who is infected with HIV. Generally it is determined by the presence of four or more of a set of opportunistic diseases. As such AIDS is incapable of evolution. However HIV is damn good at it. I hope I am not being redundant in posting this but HIV and AIDS research is something I am passionate about.

Edited by Cel (10/10/08 12:26 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12277 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements