Topic Options
#356772 - 10/23/08 11:06 PM A question about registration
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
I noticed a post from someone here who mentioned they got rejected when applying for membership with the Church of Satan. I was wondering what are the reasons you might get rejected from joining? I know you can get you active membership denied, but does that also count for just registered membership? All I know is that if you have a criminal record (which is logical of course) you will be denied membership, or if you're stupid. It may sound silly to ask this, but I was starting to wonder what other reason there were if you got rejected. Do people get screened thoroughly?
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

#356776 - 10/23/08 11:28 PM Re: A question about registration [Re: Sakura]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

People screen themselves thoroughly in so many cases that for us to do the job for them is unnecessary. Consider how many folks have left a long, easily and instantly traceable paper trail across LttD, MySpace, Yahoo, blogs, and a dozen other sites, and did it all using the same or similar names, conveniently hyperlinked to each other.

So when they apply for membership and a simple, brief note has been made "internet activity suggests a chronic fuckup and shit disturber," there's no reason to be surprised if they are denied even registered membership. The reasons vary, but all boils down to the same point:

Don't be a screwball.

#356849 - 10/24/08 01:49 PM Re: A question about registration [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
Thank you for taking the time to respond, Sir.. it answers my question perfectly. I kind of figured in most cases getting an application denied had to do with, most of the time, an individual's internet activities. I guess most people tend to forget that even though the internet is vast, you can still leave "fingerprints" behind that can be traced back to you. I would say it's a convenient mistake some make, because it does make it a lot easier for you to know who you're dealing with.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements