Ah, yes, patterns.

My favorite energy pattern is plaid. wink

Minus one point for poor word choice.

#384072 - 06/09/09 11:07 PM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Dfalls]
Venus Flytrap Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted By: Dfalls
Trying to convince a christian god doesn't excist is a waste of your time mate.

The whole topic of heaven is one I wasted far too much time on in the past because it led me to realize that religious debate only reinforces their faith, giving them a reason to hang around. Which is probably why they preach about the paradise of "God's" kingdom and can't wait to meet him yet still try EVERY possible means to REMAIN ON EARTH pretty much with "after-you" attitude with they preach.

This also comes from the same idiots who walk up to the deli I used to work at and ask me "HOW LONG IS A TWO FOOT HOAGIE?" What the hell do I say to that?! Then they hand me a religious brochure upon taking their sandwich.

On the Undercroft:

http://www.satannet.com/Shadowedlight/

On Facebook

www.facebook.com/Satanicdragon

#384084 - 06/10/09 07:02 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Venus Flytrap]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: Shadowed Light
This also comes from the same idiots who walk up to the deli I used to work at and ask me "HOW LONG IS A TWO FOOT HOAGIE?"

grin

Huh, the "Heaven" thread is still going... like the energizer bunny... well, what the hell.

I'm not used to fanatics. I was not raised by them, never lived near them and have never been chased around by them. I've had a difficult time relating to people's pure vitriolic hatred of Christians for this reason but recently had an encounter that helped me understand a little better.

I was minding my business going for a walk extremely early one Sunday morning when this very young fella approached me.

Him: Excuse me, can I ask you a question?
Me: Sure
Him: If you died today, do you think you would go to heaven?

Oh boy.

Maybe it was the early morning hour or my own insularity but it doesn't immediately occur to me what is going on. My first thought is, gee whiz that's delightfully morbid. My second thought is, okay I'll bite. I mean, I thought he was just some harmless college kid having one of those weird random internal philosophical debates.

Me: Sure
Him: What makes you think that?
Me: Because I'm a good liar.

Heh, oh I think I'm soooo clever at this point and am grinning a big dumb grin. Young Mister Morbid either doesn't hear me or ignores me and immediately launches into a bonafide sermon about how god demands PERFECTION, about how lying is a SIN and all SINNERS will burn for eternity in the fiery lakes of HELL, and how jesus christ died for our SINS and we must accept him as our one true lord and SAVIOR. You all know what's coming don't you? Well, I didn't. So when Mister Morbid told me he was a born-again my eyes got wide and methinks, Ah, is that what it's called. .. as I surreptitiously check for a hospital band.

Normally I get kind of sarcastic with preachy people (No, I'm not familiar with religious sorts but preachy people come in all kinds of guises). However, this time, something about this kid made me stow my usual smart assery and keep my mouth shut. Then halfway through the diatribe I notice this kid's hand is badly injured, actively bleeding. It could've been a farm accident or something else benign but the sight of blood combined with the psycho-rant had an eerie effect. I was genuinely disturbed by the whole thing. I realized I was on a less-travelled road (literally) by myself with a religious zealot who might as well be a serial killer for all I knew.

So I stayed extremely polite. And when Young Mister Might-Kill-Me told me he'd pray for me I just thanked him kindly and smiled sweetly and got the fuck out of there as quickly as possible.

Lessons learned: They're fun to make fun of but I'd rather do so from a safe distance where the froth and spittle and bleeding hands can't reach me. Barring that, I'll be on my best behavior, eyes peeled, with full awareness of all available exits. Oh and don't talk to strangers. grin
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#384088 - 06/10/09 07:35 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Shade]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Geeshhh, Shade, that was a "creepy" encounter.

From the standpoint of being in a somewhat secluded place, and truly not knowing if Mr. Morbid was a crazy killer from around the bend, it gives us all pause to make sure we know where we are, and we should be aware of all exits.

Mother did know best when she told us not to talk to strangers.

I think I'll put my gun back into my purse.

#384090 - 06/10/09 07:40 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Shade]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
I'm sorry you were disturbed but it was nice to finally meet you in person.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#384094 - 06/10/09 08:21 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: MissMina1556]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Amen. crossbones
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#384095 - 06/10/09 08:23 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Minus]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Dear Minus,

I can't believe I didn't recognize you. The owl mask should've been a dead giveaway. That or the fact that you weren't wearing pants.

Say hi to Nurse Ratched for me.

Love,
Shade

#384207 - 06/11/09 06:07 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Shade]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Originally Posted By: Shade
I can't believe I didn't recognize you. The owl mask should've been a dead giveaway. That or the fact that you weren't wearing pants.

Owl mask? I wasn't wearing an owl mask. I was naked and walking on my hands. I guess it's time to take a trimmer to this 70's bush. Did you like my "beak"?

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#384222 - 06/11/09 08:59 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Minus]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Did I like it? Presented in the proper way, your "beak" may be the most compelling evidence for the existence of heaven. Joseph Smith would be jealous of your ingenuity.

Do do that voodoo that you do so well...

coopdevil

#384239 - 06/11/09 12:50 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: reprobate]
Rodim Offline

Quote:
Just one of those things, really: most Christians don't know jack shit about Christianity. They make stuff up.

Compare what you've been told by, eg., well-meaning devout lay Catholics, with [url=http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p123a11.htm]the official catechism of the Catholic Church.

Ironic how Christians keep arguing about people not listening to the word of god anymore while their "devoted brethren" don't know the basis of Christianity. And thanks for the link warlock, never too late for a good laugh.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#384454 - 06/14/09 07:16 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Rodim]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
Something I’ve had to deal with all too often.

Example: "Jesus says in the bible you only have to give up one thing for lent."

*sigh* Yet, somehow, their belief in the "bible" or what they think is in the bible is an excuse for their political and moral bigotry. Kinda gives you a pain in the front of your forehead just thinking about it.

#384471 - 06/14/09 10:25 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Iscariot]
Umbra_Euri Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Oh, that is nothing, I remember rather clearly a teacher at my high school (catholic high school) reading from his "bible" a story where Jesus went to Mcdonalds and told everyone to purchase food from the dollar menu, as that way they would save money that way.

The stupidity of people is astounding.

Reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.

#384552 - 06/15/09 09:10 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Umbra_Euri]
Venus Flytrap Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
If this has touched upon, then I didn't feel like spending over an hour reading the responses as my time is limited.

If heaven exists, so then must hell. But with all the different cultures interpreting the place for the damned, which one would be the accurate one?
The Buddhists hell is of many levels as is Dante's Inferno. Then how would it be determined which level to go to if We Satanists exemplify ALL the "sins"? Loyalty to the Left-hand creed? Personality types? Which sin was used the most? Or perhaps to whatever level of the Decent into the underworld one has achieved in ritual before dying? If this were the case, then hell is nothing more than the founding roots of the primary levels of consciousness, reached only by ritualistic guided meditations.

Hell is as I believe, the harboring realm of all things unknown and undiscovered. But in reference to the topic of death, then hell is the eternal dreamless state of oblivion, then why fear death outside the reasoning as stated in the Satanic Bible on this subject? One will be unaware of the fact that their dead or even that they ever existed at all.
Though I have seen many paranormal and supernatural occurrences unexplained by logical science that somewhat resembled the presence of one who has past...

What if the lake of fire does exist as threatened by the Christians? Any one have sunblock? We could use the bones of our enemies to roast the marshmallows on and talk about the pink unicorns.

On the Undercroft:

http://www.satannet.com/Shadowedlight/

On Facebook

www.facebook.com/Satanicdragon

#384564 - 06/15/09 11:12 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Venus Flytrap]
Thrax Orion Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
hehehe... I want to be on the level where the beast eats you and shits you out repeatedly for eternity. Sounds like a wild ride!

#385614 - 06/23/09 04:37 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Thrax Orion]
Tch0rt Offline

Loc: Uk
The easiest way to view this is the way the Christians put it "Hell is a life without god" So I'm already in hell and loving it laugh
in fact I'm certain the world would be a better place if all the god believers, Religious Fanatics and Followers of the right hand path shuffled off the mortal coil to spend an eternity playing harps and just leave the rest of us in peace

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405444 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements