Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#385790 - 06/25/09 12:04 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Unknown]
Rodim Offline

Can you deny that possibility by mere words? As hypocritical and as ridiculous "Major" religions may look. i believe an individual should never eliminate the ability to doubt, anything.

Edited by Rodim (06/25/09 12:05 PM)

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#385791 - 06/25/09 12:09 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Rodim]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I can deny the possibility by using the great tools called logic and reasoning. I doubt the possibility of an after life, do you? Why should I doubt my doubt of an after life? zombie

#385793 - 06/25/09 12:15 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Unknown]
casper3912 Offline

"test everything, believe nothing" -
http://www.vampiretemple.com/index.html;
i like that quote a lot.

doubt is needed.
I think its good to doubt even logic.
however, i think logic is one of the better tools to use in life.
all models seem to be false, some are just more useful.
i don't find much utility in believing in heaven. i know many do, but i don't.

Heaven by itself can be many things, its better to take a particular form and the system its a part of and see if the entire system is sound and valid with itself.

for example. an all knowing, all powerFull, all beneficial, creator god that is still involved in its creation, free will,fire and brimstone hell, etc. don't go together.

Edited by casper3912 (06/25/09 12:20 PM)

#385794 - 06/25/09 12:22 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Unknown]
Rodim Offline

Forget Logic and Reason, Doubt is besides the very definition of reason, without it your weak minded and can be lured to believe anything by anyone. Do you think i related to The Doktor's Philosophy without using reason and logic? All I'm saying is, do not stop doubting.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

-Horace Walpole

#385796 - 06/25/09 12:34 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Rodim]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Doubt can be a powerful tool but if all you do is doubt then how do you come to a conclusion? Isn't that what knowledge is about? Doubt built upon doubt leads to not knowing anything at all.

So I am saying doubt until you have come to a reasonable conclusion. I think it is up to each person to decide for them-selves weather or not they decide to be open to the possibility of an after life or not.

#385799 - 06/25/09 12:57 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Unknown]
Rodim Offline

Am i saying that its not a personal decision? All i meant was that its good to indulge in doubt, the choice is yours. that's not the issue here.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

-Horace Walpole

#385801 - 06/25/09 01:14 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Rodim]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
All i meant was that its good to indulge in doubt, the choice is yours. that's not the issue here.

I agree.

It's just you came off as if doubting an after life is a bad choice.

That's why I asked for your clarification so I can better understand where you are coming from.

#385806 - 06/25/09 01:24 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Unknown]
Rodim Offline

Quote:

I agree.

It's just you came off as if doubting an after life is a bad choice.

That's why I asked for your clarification so I can better understand where you are coming from.

You'd be surprised to find out how many people get misunderstood.

Vale.

Hail.

Edited by Rodim (06/25/09 01:28 PM)

-Friedrich Nietzsche

-Horace Walpole

#385807 - 06/25/09 01:28 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: casper3912]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
I think its good to doubt even logic.

How can you question the truth of something without using logic?

If you do this then do you not leave yourself open to bullshit?

#385817 - 06/25/09 03:15 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Unknown]
casper3912 Offline

logic is just another man made system, like math.
it seems to work, and work well.
if we use logic to determine the validity of logic,haven't we fallen into recursion? right now i'm useing logic to determine the validity of using logic to determining the validity of logic...interesting situations i get myself in uh? i consider logic as working well because it produces a lot of positive feelings and situations for me. it gets me what i want.
as far as telling me truth, well truth seems to be metaphor, reality an agreement.From the chaos of perception, we create objects. etc.

eventually fundamentals are found, and we stare at the absurdity of the unfounded.

#385902 - 06/25/09 11:04 PM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: casper3912]
Sakura Offline

Loc: The Circus
I've read this thread with a lot of interest, so I thought I'd join in. In my personal thoughts: if heaven and hell do exist, I wouldn't worry too much. I've never done anything utterly wrong or evil so I don't see why I'd be sent to hell. All I was (and am) ever guilty of was living life in a way that suited me best, without breaking the law or doing other weird things. I mean seriously, what kind of an asshole would God be to send a person like me to hell and let a Christian sicko who raped his own sister into heaven? Hmm. Come to think of it.. Pass me the marshmallows grin
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice.
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

#386181 - 06/28/09 02:41 AM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: Nemo]
iwnmutef Offline

*Thank* you, Nemo. Your post of 10/26/08 was the best arguing about Heaven, real or not, that I've *ever* seen *anywhere*.

Now, I may have been inculcated into a belief in reincarnation and a belief that Heaven is a temporary inbetween-state, but I've always been Satanist enough not to let that phase me into living for the Heaven-life I was taught about. And let me add that even in my seeming "memories" of between-life states, *in*-life states were always the primary focus of what was going on, emphasizing the importance of carnality at least in my own brain, if not actually between lives. More evidence, in other words, that teachings about Heaven make little difference "down here" to thinking people.

I am very impressed with your postings, quite generally speaking.

#386191 - 06/28/09 08:52 AM Re: Okay. I'll play. [Re: iwnmutef]
Paul Powers Offline

Loc: Uk
The law of conservation of energy states that energy can not be created or destroyed it can only be changed from one state to another
Its a small consolation that when we return to the earth our energy will also return and enter the food chain, in turn it will become one with the trees, animals, soil and even the heat that warms the earth.

#465602 - 12/08/11 05:41 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve
What if Heaven is real...

A better question would be this:

WHO CARES? I don't care if there is some big Ju Ju in the sky. I simply don't give a good god damned. Go with God. sick

Quote:
what if pink unicorns are real?

OK, that cracked Me up. Thank you. I really needed to laugh today. jack

In my mind the question about what if there is a heaven or whath if there is a god judging human beings is not interested.
When I want to think some of these philosphical questions with my mind I do ask What was that what was before the god came or where the god was before he became a god?

With these questions I remember the answer that I, a human being, am the god for myself.

If somebody believes anything they want and it suites for their needs and purposes, thats great. People have the right to choose what they want to believe or not!

In my personal thinking this issue about heaven and god is bit escapist. It makes us escape the reality of this moment which is fantasy, not living in real world.

I donīt think the question about heaven or even hell is important to me. What in my life is important is live fully and fullfil my needs in this moment (which gives me opportunity to live in heaven all the time) and thinking about something after dead thing creates nothing to my experience about moment. Thats why I let smarter people worry about these things and use my life for living instead of that.

I do my rituals, take care of my job and give compassion for my loved ones and animals. Everything else is something which I dont feel quite interesting for me!

Hail Satan !

Edited by Janina Paasonen (12/08/11 06:10 AM)

#465634 - 12/08/11 02:01 PM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Janina]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please check the age of a thread before you reply to it.
Prevention of Virtue

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements