Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#357163 - 10/26/08 09:17 AM Re: If Heaven Were Real [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
LOL!

Oh Roho....how do I love thee? Let Me count the ways......

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#357166 - 10/26/08 09:23 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Carbon-Dioxide]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: Carbon-Dioxide
"But what if Heaven is real?". I really wish know your opinions and thoughts about it.

If it is real then we chose wrong. In the end we sided with ourselves instead of something that supposedly created us. It is our intellect which promotes our sense of self. If there is some creator out there, it is a fool for creating something capable of rendering it obsolete. If it is a fool then it is not worthy of worship by those that surpass it. Any punishment or reward would be a poor exchange for playing a game with rules that change with the officiator.

My opinion on heaven (or hell for that matter) is that it is a pathetic control mechanism of fear and represents the worst illogical conundrum of the human imagination.

Life is better spent on enjoyment and pursuit of those things that bring personal fulfillment rather than trying to appease the twisted ideals of people long since dead.

RaSc

#357171 - 10/26/08 09:36 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: RaSc]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Well, there you go.

I rather like this response. You said it better than I could hope to.

Good show!

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#357173 - 10/26/08 09:48 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I more of a beach type of gal, so I went to Hell (in Grand Cayman). While there, I couldn't resist sending myself (and quite a few others) a postcard stamped from Hell.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#357174 - 10/26/08 09:51 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: AurEum]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Ha ha! Note the phone number. 6999.

Oddly enough, My own phone number has 666 in the last four digits.

Oddly enough, My passport has 666 right smack dab in the middle of it.

Man, I need to go to Hell. Looks like fun. I'll send out some postcards too...

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#357177 - 10/26/08 09:56 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Evil_Eve]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

LOL! I hadn't noticed the phone number. You can pose with Satan while you're there too. I had a great time and can't wait to go back! Where else can you go to Hell in the morning and swim with stingrays in the afternoon smile

Edited by ealaiontoir (10/26/08 09:56 AM)

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#357178 - 10/26/08 09:57 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: AurEum]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Hmmmmm ROAD TRIP! I got the airfare.... coopdevil

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#357181 - 10/26/08 10:05 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Evil_Eve]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Hell may not be ready for us! devilchili

#357183 - 10/26/08 10:16 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: AurEum]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Meh, We'll turn that Mother upside down.

To Hell with you! wink

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#357185 - 10/26/08 10:26 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Carbon-Dioxide]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Heaven is going to the DMV and not having to wait all goddamned afternoon.

#357188 - 10/26/08 10:57 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Carbon-Dioxide]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Personally I feel that this sort of 'what if' scenario vastly over credits the christian cosmological position. To lend even enough credit to such a ridiculous meme to postulate this scenario plays right into their hands, in the same way that people who claim to be 'agnostic' do.

But just to play along;If it was all true I would rather be in 'hell' (ie: the absence of gods presence) than worship that egomaniacal child god flat on my face for all eternity, while flying around the universe in that giant borg cube called new Jerusalem. (Yes, this is what the bible ACTUALLY says)

At least the borg get to walk around!

Edited by Dan_Dread (10/26/08 11:01 AM)
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#357190 - 10/26/08 11:05 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Mahidevran Offline

I sure hope there is Heaven after all!

It will include but won't be limited to: many hot men and women, none of them jealous, lots and lots of tasy food to chew on whenever I feel like it. Few people to annoy me and then again only for diversity purposes. Good music, endless entertainment options and a new video game every week. My list you can go on but you get the idea.

The truth is that contemporary ideas of how the Christian Heaven and Hell work are heavily influenced by apocryphs. I have to admit I don't know the Bible by heart and I might have missed something and while I know a good number of places where they tell you of the prerequisites to enter, I don't remember reading a whole section about Heaven being a garden with cherubs playing the harp, with milk and honey, people singing and praying to god in the middle of the clouds. Dante's famous works played a huge role in how people imagined Hell and Heaven back then and it's been passed down to the new generations. Needless to say all descrpitions of hell include physical pain or discomfort and nothing about how people feel. I've experienced a lot of physical and emotional pain to compare the two and if they think physical is worse, then can go straight to hell.

The Muslim at least have a better idea of what heaven is about, as depicted in the Quran. It lists a lot of delicious food and beautiful virgins. Well, I can relate to that. If there was a theistic heaven, I definitely would want to be in Jannah.

#357192 - 10/26/08 11:09 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Evil_Eve]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Why thank you! To Hell with you as well! grin

#357193 - 10/26/08 11:11 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: AurEum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
Why thank you! To Hell with you as well! grin

Don't make me hunt up that youtube video!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#357194 - 10/26/08 11:11 AM Re: What if Heaven really exists? [Re: Mahidevran]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

I find it interesting that certain descriptions of Heaven involve sinful behavior. Hmmm .... perhaps sinning is natural after all. smirk

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements