Topic Options
#357715 - 10/29/08 11:51 PM CoS and the British Army
Tuoni Offline

Loc: England
A bit of background... I've said in my intro that I'm close to joining the Cos. Having realised it's an expense I can afford and my outgoings can swallow, I'm *this* close to doing it. This is my problem:

I'm an active serviceman in the British army. I realise that being a member of the CoS is a personal thing, but since being a member of the CoS is (basically) prohibited by the British Army, should I withhold the fact that I am a Satanist until I get asked of my religion? What are your suggestions for that point?

I realise since my attestation I will probably never get asked my religion again, but, as I say, being a CoS member is basically prohibited by the British Army. I'm not quite sure what the correct course of action would be.

Edited by Tuoni (10/29/08 11:55 PM)

#357719 - 10/30/08 12:16 AM Re: CoS and the British Army [Re: Tuoni]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are a programmer, student and active service member?

When do you sleep? grin

Satanism does not seek martyrs. If being a COS member causes legal problems, perhaps you should wait to join after you leave the service.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#357724 - 10/30/08 12:24 AM Re: CoS and the British Army [Re: Phineas]
Tuoni Offline

Originally Posted By: Phineas
You are a programmer, student and active service member?
I am a freelance programmer of 8 years, studying a Computer Science degree, and an active member of the services smile I didn't realise they had to be mutually exclusive!

When do you sleep? grin
not often smile

Satanism does not seek martyrs. If being a COS member causes legal problems, perhaps you should wait to join after you leave the service.
OK. Thanks, Magister.

#357738 - 10/30/08 02:33 AM Re: CoS and the British Army [Re: Tuoni]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> but since being a member of the CoS is (basically) prohibited by the British Army <<

What do you mean by "basicallly"

It either is or it isn't.

For you, I would agree with Magister Phineas. You don't seem ready and it's probably best that you wait.

But what you state might come as a shock to many of our members who are serving in the forces. Some of them quite open in regards to their affiliation.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#357786 - 10/30/08 08:28 AM Re: CoS and the British Army [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
bloadster Offline
Banned sanity challenged dude

Only Church of Clergy and Moderators are allowed to respond in the Questions forum.

Edited by Ygraine (10/30/08 09:34 AM)
Edit Reason: Unauthorized response

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements