Topic Options
#357965 - 11/01/08 10:10 PM Paranormal Investigator seeking insight
Spiriteyes Offline

Greetings,

I am the director for a paranormal research group up here in Canada. The reason I am writing to you today, is because I am working on a research project. As you know, there are a lot of shows on television these days regarding the paranormal and teams going and removing "entities" from people's homes. There is one show in particular that is very Christian based. Being a non Christian myself, I am trying to find out how people of different religions view different aspects of the paranormal. I could not disclude the Church of Satan because of two reasons. 1- The Church of Satan is a nationally recognized church and 2- it seems like people of your faith are accused of being the cause many of the "malevolent" hauntings. Not one person has taken the time to really research your church's point of view on the subject. There is a lot of "finger pointing" going on, but I do not recall anyone actually willing to ask the Church of Satan themselves. People feel safer just assuming things.

What am I going to do with this information? I am dedicated to training and educating paranormal investigators of not just my own team, but people who are seeking to know more about our field of research. I'm dedicated in building a community that can think in an objective manner, is non judgmental and has a solid understanding in world religion ;even those that may not be so "popular" within their own faith. This is a field of which finding the truth is of top priority, even if the truth presents itself with a reality people do not want to face.

If you could point me in the direction of some reading material or if someone would be willing to write to me here, that would be great.

Respectfully,

Spiriteyes

#358100 - 11/02/08 07:07 PM Re: Paranormal Investigator seeking insight [Re: Spiriteyes]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Your request has been brought to the attention of our administration.

They will determine whether the Church of Satan wishes to address your research with a formal response.

In the meantime I will attempt to get you started, and others may or may not feel inclined to respond, but if they should choose to do so please be aware that Letters to the Devil has two levels, one is open to all and one is for members only. As a result you may get answers in this forum that do not reflect the position of the Church of Satan or Satanism in general.

Quote:
I could not disclude the Church of Satan because of two reasons. 1- The Church of Satan is a nationally recognized church and 2- it seems like people of your faith are accused of being the cause many of the "malevolent" hauntings

While The Church of Satan espouses a religion called Satanism, we would object to the term "faith." We do not accept the notion of Faith as a religious tenet. This enters into your research because it demonstrates how absurd a notion of being the cause many of the "malevolent" hauntings. is.

Seeing as the vast majority of Satanists are of the mind that the entirety of the after-life consists of decomposing it seems highly unlikely that conjuring up malevolent ghosties to screw with people would be in our play book. Once again, the Christian pre-occupation with death and the after-life seems to prevent them from having the slightest bit of common sense in the present one.

Quote:
There is a lot of "finger pointing" going on, but I do not recall anyone actually willing to ask the Church of Satan themselves. People feel safer just assuming things.

Well, first of all, they aren't going to believe us, anyway. They are firmly convinced that we worship (we don't) the Prince of Lies.

Secondarily, the truth would put them out of business, so the truth is the last thing they want. Safety has nothing to do with it---cash does.

Finally, face it, it is no fun for anyone involved in this stuff NOT to think that evil doers are making evil things happen. The Satanic idea that death is final would bore the Hell out of these people.

Quote:
What am I going to do with this information? I am dedicated to training and educating paranormal investigators of not just my own team, but people who are seeking to know more about our field of research. I'm dedicated in building a community that can think in an objective manner, is non judgmental and has a solid understanding in world religion ;even those that may not be so "popular" within their own faith. This is a field of which finding the truth is of top priority, even if the truth presents itself with a reality people do not want to face.

While many Satanists study/entertain or otherwise have ties to what you term the paranormal, the religion of Satanism is one of rationality above all things. The individual Satanist may entertain a curious mindset regarding hauntings, etc...he does not allow that to interfere with his day to day understanding of the mundane world and the very real ways he must live in it.

Y~

Edited by Ygraine (11/02/08 08:05 PM)

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43941 Topics
405813 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements