Topic Options
#357041 - 10/25/08 07:06 PM Registration question
Loki555 Offline

To whom it may concern,

I have been thinking about joining the Church of Satan for awhile. I have some questions and concerns. I have been a satanist for a long time. I first read the Satanic Bible when I was 15.
Eight years ago I was into a lot of Internet "satanic" groups and web sites. To many to mention. The ones that come and go every few years endlessly even today. That's one of the reason why I find searching for satanism on the Internet a sickening experience. Over the last six or seven years I have had nothing to do with "Internet satanism". I have been strictly living out my life in the satanic mind set in the real world not in cyber space. I see the Internet now as just a play ground to watch and play with the weak and simple minded. Self proclaimed satanist who follow pseudo Magistrate and ULC priests around like sheep in a field. Begging for more titles and degree of meaninglessness.

I think I have matured a lot the last eight years and have seen the stupidity I had once been involved in so long ago for what it really is: substitute satanism, pseudo-satanism. Real satanism begins and ends with the Church of Satan and the philosophy of Anton LaVey. No matter what type of "high priests" there are or what types of doctrines pop up, there is only one real deal. I should of know that from the beginning. But youth has it's pitfalls. My main question is this: Will my past of eight years ago effect a negative out come if I were to apply for registered membership now? I have learned and experienced a great deal since then and I consider myself a more realistic and well rounded person. Much like people who have recovered from drug abuse or drinking I believe I have been rehabilitated. Thank you for your time.

Loki

#357094 - 10/26/08 01:14 AM Re: Registration question [Re: Loki555]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

As long as you have not committed any crimes, you are on good ground.

If you have learned something, and the scales have been falling from your eyes, you will be fine.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#357105 - 10/26/08 03:16 AM Re: Registration question [Re: Phineas]
Loki555 Offline

No, I have not committed any crimes. Thank you for your response.

I have been reading a large number of posts tonight. It astounds me how many people ask stupid questions. It reminds me of something Anton LaVey said "It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful". People complaining about the membership fee and what THEY get for it (like they deserve something), asking about priesthood and how to instantly be one, how to summon demons, etc. All that they have to do is READ THE BOOKS, read the Church of Satan web site. It's like they just came here by mistake with no knowledge of Satanism at all and make a few clumsy posts. There first few posts about membership are so stupid they automatically disqualify themselves. How do you and other Church of Satan officials put up with it? I assume it part of the job. skull

#357186 - 10/26/08 10:28 AM Re: Registration question [Re: Loki555]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Loki555
How do you and other Church of Satan officials put up with it? skull

We view it as entertainment.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#358496 - 11/04/08 08:43 PM Re: Registration question [Re: Phineas]
Loki555 Offline

Payment has been made and my registered membership application has been mailed. I look forward to being a member of the Church of Satan.

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406128 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements