Topic Options
#360384 - 11/15/08 11:19 AM Why should I join the CoS?
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Dear CoS Priesthood,
I was in conversation with a friend who is, to say the least, the most skeptical, suspicious and severely independent young lady that I have ever met.

Her Question was pretty standard:
If you find yourself in the pages of The Satanic Bible, why Join the CoS?

Besides explaining to her that I was not an Member of the Priesthood of the Church and pointing her to the Church of Satan web site for more answers, I gave her this to chew on:

It is like being born with a mind that is gifted with math skills but you never knew anyone else that was gifted the same way that you were until you read a book by someone who seen this skill in people and decided to give it the label, "Mathematician".

From that point forward it is your choice to:

1. Call yourself a Mathematician and associate with other Mathematicians to develop your skills to become a better, more refined Mathematician.

or

2. Call yourself a Mathematician and be content with your level of understanding and application of your skills and go on your merry way in life.

Is my analogy in alignment with "the" Official Church Response to this question? If not how should I refine it?

Sinisterly,
Dark River

#360385 - 11/15/08 11:26 AM Re: Why should I join the CoS? [Re: Ice Claw]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Are you happy with your definition of personal choice and its pertinence to joining the Church of Satan?

That is what matters most.

My personal opinion is that, yes, one could indeed do either of the instances you proffer.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#360415 - 11/15/08 03:19 PM Re: Why should I join the CoS? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Thank you for your confirmation Reverend.

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406358 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements