Topic Options
#36046 - 04/18/04 06:23 PM deities, loas and daemons - oh, my!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sincere greetings to all on this board. I would be very interested in hearing the opinions of the CoS Magistra, Priests and General Members on the topic of entities like the above. Do you regard them as objectively or/and subjectively "real", as creatures of human imagination created to express archetypes or as irrelevant to Satanism (as its philosophy focuses on the self). If they are employed, is this purely in a ritualistic setting as a means to an end, or do individual Satanists find they have a rapport with certain beings? I have a very strong working relationship with the Haitian voudon loas, whom I did NOT seek out - they recruited me!! I hope my question makes sense to readers; unfortunately, the precise words ahave been difficult to find, as occult terminology is so negatively loaded in Western society and "gods" seems more appropriate to a discussion on theology than Satanism. Thankyou for your help and I look forward to reading your replies.

#36047 - 04/18/04 07:51 PM Re: deities, loas and daemons - oh, my!
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
18 April XXXIX A.S.

The answer to your question can be found both in The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey, and in the essay, "Anton LaVey: On Occultism of the Past," the latter of which found in the Theory/Practice area of the official Church of Satan website. A full perusal of the site is also recommended.

Simply stated, Satanism does not support the belief of actual demons and deities.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405199 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements