Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#371920 - 02/15/09 07:13 PM Re: Something that kind of bothered me... [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
the teacher asked to class to sit indian style for a reading lesson, so i grabbed a six-pack and laid on the curb...

#372840 - 02/25/09 11:15 AM Re: Something that kind of bothered me... [Re: HorrorCore]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Or, the people who stand at freeway ramps with their signs, "Stranded. Will work for food." (being a truck driver, who occassionally has "refused" freight, and pulling a refridgerated trailer, I sometimes have cases of apples, oranges,etc. in my trailer that I must dispose of.) I have taken time out of my schedule to pull to the side of the ramp (illegal in some places) to offer these lazy dolts a case of whatever I might have remaining on my trailer. Their response ? "I don't want that shit. Give me cash so I can buy what I want." My response to that has always been,"Fuck you, asshole. Get a goddamn job."

A news crew in Okla. City once filmed one of these guys off and on throughout the day. Zooming in one what some of their marks were giving him (often $10 or $20 bills). At the end of his "day", they followed him, to see him unlock a 2 year old Mark IV. As I would have, they approached the guy and asked him what he was up to. Saying that they had just filmed him panhandling all day.
His response:"i used to be a real estate agent. Taxes were killing me. I make better money now than I ever did selling real estate, and it's all tax free."
I don't give these asshole ever a nickle!

#372899 - 02/25/09 09:42 PM Re: Something that kind of bothered me... [Re: DCLXVI]
all hallows
Unregistered

maybe i should stand out on the street downtown with a sign that says, "college student, broke as shit". i bet people would love that.

#373044 - 02/27/09 04:54 PM Re: Something that kind of bothered me... [Re: ]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Someone once told me that if someone really wants money for food and you want to help them, give them the food, not the money. I've always remembered that.

I believe there are some truly in need. But there are also plenty of these:
Shaky Lady of Toronto

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#373049 - 02/27/09 06:10 PM Re: Something that kind of bothered me... [Re: Lilibeta]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Originally Posted By: Lilibeta
Someone once told me that if someone really wants money for food and you want to help them, give them the food, not the money. I've always remembered that.

I believe there are some truly in need. But there are also plenty of these:
Shaky Lady of Toronto

I have seen exactly the reaction you get when you offer to buy someone a sandwich instead of offering them money. Each time it was a response such as F- you!

My dad used to offer to buy meals for people with those signs and they never wanted that meal. Must not be 'needy' enough Me thinks...

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405239 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM