Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#360463 - 11/15/08 11:01 PM Re: Science and the Taboo of Psi [Re: WolfMoon]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
No reason to ever wait at all!
With the resources we have at our disposal it does explain/apply quite a lot.
Simply YouTubing the recommended authors mentioned deep within these walls of LttD will give one more than a mindful such as:

William Buhlman, Stephan LaBerge, Peter Kingsley, Joseph Farrell, Rupert Sheldrake, Richard Hoagland, Michael Cremo, Amit Goswami, etc. to name but a very few.

One is really only imprisoned by the limitations they impose on themselves.
There is something to be reaped from 'lost' ancient technologies returning into itself as a form of seemingly future 'sorcery'.

#360525 - 11/16/08 10:08 AM Re: Science and the Taboo of Psi [Re: ror]
WolfMoon Offline

I am quite aware of much of the current evidence.

I was only pointing out that sometime in the not-so-distant future these things could become common sense knowledge.

In 50 years time, it will have matured itself beyond what we have discovered so far.

#360554 - 11/16/08 12:08 PM Re: Science and the Taboo of Psi [Re: WolfMoon]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Possibly, yes. I can see with the speed at which technology and science are advancing today how things could be proven, and disproven.

I agree that we haven't even seen the "tip" yet. To see where we will be in 50 or so years both excites and frightens me. Maybe someone will create the "fountain of youth"!

#360578 - 11/16/08 03:01 PM Re: Science and the Taboo of Psi [Re: WolfMoon]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Of course. I knew you were quite aware but I parroted such in this public space for transparent enough reasons. I agree with you and a return to a sort of golden age because of transhumanism and a technological emergence is quite eminent.
Great change is always preceded by chaos! Leviathan's Raging Sea!
And don't we all adore THAT book with heaping results!
Therefore I hang in there for the ride and embrace the chaos as we do have a gilmpse of what lies ahead!

#360865 - 11/18/08 03:26 PM Re: That's enough. [Re: Nemo]
Zardex Offline

Originally Posted By: Nemo
Quote:
What do you know about the people who's presentations you are ready to call evidence?

Ah.

So if the evidence doesn't fit your view of what is possible then it must be a hoax?

We are to assume there is a gargantuan conspiracy when hundreds of scientists and engineers continue to find, produce and publish positive evidence for over more than one hundred years?

I am confident, because of a healthy body of experience on what brain scientists from different fields, and the skeptics society, have to say about these types of phenomenon and how people come to believe in them, that there is no one scientist with a Ph.D in any cognitive brain sciences who claims any piece of evidence as being indicative of any such phenomenon as precognition.
It is my experience that no-one believes in that stuff after taking a deeper glance on how the brain works.

I do not think precognition is possible, but I am not certain lacking an absolute disproof.
However I am certain that all the evidence that has this far come forth is not indicative of any such thing, as it would be ridiculous to think there is a conspiracy hiding the "truth" from real scientists.

I don't think something must automatically be a hoax if I tend to disagree with it, but if it is something I have already heard debunked by serious scientists, and if it's backed up by texts written by a well known pseudo-scientist I have heard countless of times being accused of false claims by serious scientists, and who calls himself a parapsychologist, and who even has claimed to have a supernatural talent for spoon bending, and who is presenting evidence provided by his friend the scientologist... I tend to think it is a hoax.

#361417 - 11/21/08 04:00 AM The Power of Intention [Re: ror]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Visionary entrepreneur James Walsh and scientist Dean Radin will discuss their latest research on the power of intention, and how Thanksgiving presents an opportunity to manifest order during the chaotic time ahead through the use of food.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/11/25.html

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406014 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements