Topic Options
#362376 - 11/25/08 07:19 PM Looking for spiritual community
Easthere Offline

Hi everyone. For a couple of years I have been using the web to read about various religions, and then I found out about LaVeyan Satanism and I bought the Satanic Bible written by Anton LaVey and read in it a little every day over a couple of months. I found it enjoyable and interesting to read, and that's probably why I decided to only read a few pages every day to dive into the essence of it. For some time now I have felt lonely and sorta empty inside because I really don't feel I fill the days with the kind of things normal people do. I mostly are sitting in front of my computer reading various articles and looking at wikipedia and english dictionary and read about the meaning of words and then I find new words and I ponder how should I go about adding them into my vocabulary.

My god, the hollowness of days with tea and biscuits and blankets day after day! But I am not sniffling from any disease or cold. I just like the thought of staying inside and hardly going out to interact with anything. The reason I'm not fat is because I practice a physical yoga or I'd probably look miserable.

I feel by asking this question I am risking myself here, but; is LaVeyan Satanism considered a spiritual lifestyle?

Humbly and sincerely,
"Easthere".

#362386 - 11/25/08 07:55 PM Two clarifications. [Re: Easthere]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
There is no such thing as "LaVeyan Satanism".

There is only Satanism.

We started it.

No one else did.

They do not get to name it.

We do.

Since there are so many idiots out there who want to ride the Church of Satan's coat tails by using the Devil's Name in vain, we are more than a little prickly on this topic.

Second, the Church of Satan is not a gathering of losers, whiners, or mental screw-ups.

We view ourselves as elite and do not run to embrace just anyone who shows up at the doorstep.

You would do well to read a great deal more before asking further questions.

At this point reading will help fill in the blanks that discussion will only delay.

Read first.

Ask later.

#362392 - 11/25/08 08:20 PM Re: Two clarifications. [Re: Nemo]
Easthere Offline

Thank you for your time, sir. I will learn more about Satanism before I ask of anything else.

Humbly and sincerely,
"Easthere".

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements