Topic Options
#362876 - 11/29/08 02:08 AM Taxation
son of death Offline

Is it not possible that taxation of churches could grant those with a large parish, public activities, or considerable properties/assets more influence in government policies? I would consider giving the "moral majority" an exponentially accessible excess of power to be extremely dangerous, and the taxation of churches could be used by powerful church organizations to change policy in their favor.

Depending, of course, on the type of tax system the government may choose, and they generally choose whatever system is most profitable.

Perhaps a common, generic business operator's tax could level the playing field...?

http://faultgestalt.blogspot.com/

Edited by son of death (11/29/08 02:11 AM)

#362880 - 11/29/08 04:34 AM Re: Taxation [Re: son of death]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"Is it not possible that taxation of churches could grant those with a large parish, public activities, or considerable properties/assets more influence in government policies?"

Hardly. Influence is based on donations and other favors to political parties, and politicians in power, not on account that taxes are payed.

Members of a church can already do this through indirect means.

As far as "leveling the playing field", that concept is an ideal not based on reality, but on the false presumption that equal access or opportunity means equality of outcome. Life does not provide a level playing field for anything, and does not guarantee outcomes. Satanists recognize that life is survival of the fittest, and leverage their actions to influence outcomes in order to benefit them as best they can.

There is another forum where politics are discussed, so your question will not be debated in depth here.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#362942 - 11/29/08 01:08 PM Re: Taxation [Re: Phineas]
son of death Offline

No further debate necessary, your answer was clear enough. Thank you for your response.

#362983 - 11/29/08 04:56 PM Re: Taxation [Re: son of death]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

My pleasure.

HS!

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements