Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#364285 - 12/07/08 08:10 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Shade]
Sinestro Offline
BANNED

Yes, I agree with you on the roid rage thing. If you are already a jerk it'll just magnify it. I've seen it happen 1st hand. A hockey player attacked me when I was in college outside of a bar picking a flower! LOL. He blind sided me, got me on the ground all I could do was curl up into a ball. He screwed me up pretty good kicking me in the head and torso. Luckily, some guys I knew were there and got a cop to stop the assault. Found out this wasn't the 1st time he had done this from his g/f a few months later. A psychopathic sort of personality with juice is a bad combination.

They are persecuting those baseball players that were taking prohormones LEGALLY before the loophole was closed.

True, like any medication there's sides. It's advisable to get blood work done and be seen by a physician. That's what Hormone Replacement Clinics are for. Not to mention the legality! It's a federal offense like you mentioned. Not worth the time for the crime. And of course like any other substance there is addiction issues. People always seem to want to push the envelope of what's safe. The guys on the bodybuilding boards come in all stripes of course. Like anything else keep an open mind and don't believe all the demonizing that goes on. If you drink too much water you'll drown yourself.

#364286 - 12/07/08 08:20 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Sinestro]
WolfMoon Offline

Quote:
We are already stressing the earths resources to the breaking point.

That is highly exaggerated. A useful tactic to keep people in fear. We aren't running out of resources anytime soon.

#364295 - 12/07/08 09:27 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: WolfMoon]
Sinestro Offline
BANNED

Not sure if I agree with that respectfully. I try to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions or believe everything I hear. Leading scientists say the ice caps are melting at an exponential rate. Also, China is jumping from the 3rd world economy it is right now into the industrial revolution. I can't quote exactly, but it was stated on Public Radio they are throwing up a new cool fired electric plant daily, weekly. They don't have any sort of pollution control standards. Science fact not fiction. Who, knows they could be skewing the data what have you for their own hidden agendas. A scare tatic.

I believe 9/11 could've been prevented. That's a good way to keep people in fear. I met an NSA, "National Security Agency" operative at a PSYOP school back in 96. We had a little chit chat. He was there to see how we gathered our intelligence. We were considered lower echelon. He was a Farci linguast and his job during the 1st Gulf War was to tranlate captured documents and brief the Generals. He told me to watch out for the student visa / passport loophole. The terrorist who flew into the twin towers took advantage of that. Getting student visas then dropping under the radar.

#364319 - 12/07/08 04:58 PM Why no one can stop it. [Re: ArtAche86]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Conspiracy theory: Group X will not allow it. (Government, for example).

Fact: Group X is composed of ...human beings who accept medical treatment to include surgery, organ transplants, prescription medication treatments, and seem to forget all about "going when my time is up" when any medical emergency happens.

Simple. grin

#364325 - 12/07/08 07:11 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: ArtAche86]
SinisterSLA6669 Offline

Loc: Bay Area, California
In my Opinion, this society has always operated according to the Status of an Individual and having said that, those who have the right status will have the right to this scientific service of life preserving.

Like most things of importance, This will not be meant for just anyone and everyone.

ASLV
TSR
pg14(P)2&3

#364364 - 12/08/08 07:32 AM Re: Why no one can stop it. [Re: Nemo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Nemo
Conspiracy theory: Group X will not allow it. (Government, for example).

Fact: Group X is composed of ...human beings who accept medical treatment to include surgery, organ transplants, prescription medication treatments, and seem to forget all about "going when my time is up" when any medical emergency happens.

Simple. grin

PLUS...if there were a group X, it is corporations, NOT "The Government".

Follow the money.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#364368 - 12/08/08 08:40 AM Re: Why no one can stop it. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Aro Offline

Just like any other viral strain, as the environment changes and readies itself for it's new stage, it's creatures will also is my belief. I a not implying that all human life is parasitic in the sense that we are killing our host as apart of this dreadful turn of events. I look at it more as that humans were designed for perseverance, a well oiled machine... or we will be.
You watch those apocalyptic movies about life after, people walking vast deserts that were once cities. Plausible in one sense I suppose, but our race is not dependent on the sun to engineer our nutritional needs. I can imagine it would be quite easy for the race to survive underground. Looking at patterns of life on Earth, the Carboniferous and Permian periods provided a flourishing environment for top dwellers. As the oxygen decreased, the lifeforms became smaller and smaller leading into the Triassic where some believe mammals were born. So over time as the Earth adjusted and it's creatures did also, here we(humans)are in a stagnant, chemical fuse of an atmosphere, overpopulated. We can't hear. We can't see. We can't physically fight. Our skin is thin, and yet we can chemically adapt to changes such as disease and infection.
I have no doubt in my mind that we were meant to be here, and that we were meant to "live forever". If I could contribute to the furthering of education and science by continuing to learn and act, with the incredible tool of endless time on my side, of course I would. Like I said, not [/i]all[i] humans are parasitic. I have very great hopes for my son, who is autistic. He has truly been given the gift of sight, and i look forward to his contributions. Mama loves him.

This is my first post. Hi.

- Aro

#364439 - 12/08/08 04:36 PM Re: Why no one can stop it. [Re: Nemo]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Exactly! I agree with you entirely. That is the point I was trying to express. Not that this isn't possible. Simply that the government (as it has in the past I'm sure) keeps its people blind to advances until the time is right for it to become readily available to the public.

Of course the upper 10% of the world (financially speaking)would be able to enjoy this service.

Another good question on the idea of artifical body parts (I keep thinking of Will Smith's arm in "i Robot") to prolong life would be:"Do you take on the new parts in your youth, or when you are older" (if you have the option depending upon your present age)? I guess it wouldn't matter, because I imagine they could make your body young again or somewhat "ageless".

An interesting thought. If I had the funds, of course I would do this, if it were available.

I always appreciate your input Magister.

#364519 - 12/09/08 01:07 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Ok, this is off topic (immortality) but it seemed fitting and interesting none the less.

Filmmaker Plans to Install Camera in His Eye Socket.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/12/eye-spy-filmmak.html

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#364639 - 12/09/08 04:03 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

at least he'll never get pinkeye right?

#364657 - 12/09/08 05:38 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: ArtAche86]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Technicolor! grin

Church of Satan

#364701 - 12/10/08 12:05 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

as well as a cure to blindness and color blindness possibly. If that works we are talking about a breakthrough. A lot more snipers and pilots too!

#364707 - 12/10/08 12:56 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: ArtAche86]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

It is not science fiction anymore.
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=22543

Church of Satan

#364713 - 12/10/08 01:17 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

I hope it goes somewhere. Anything that can be done to give people the ability to increase the quality of life, should be done. And hopefully it will.

#365197 - 12/12/08 07:17 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Grima]
Dfalls Offline

Whoa.. But Satanists go to hell when they die.. remember? So we'd better postpone that, like, forever..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12196 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406002 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements