Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#363268 - 12/01/08 12:42 PM To be immortal
LoneNights Offline

Loc: Japan
A recent conversation on about the advances of medical technology turned to the idea of immortality. With the rate of advancement in bionic limbs, organ cloning, and nano machines it is becoming a distinct possibility for those with the funding to live very long lives and within the next two hundred or so years take steps towards immortality. Now with this in mind me and a shipmate of mine got to wondering if people would really want to live forever. Most would say yes in a heart beat without thinking about the real ramifications of this. To watch those that you love who do not wish to take this step or cant afford it grow old and feeble, loss their memories and eventually die would be heart wrenching. To truly live forever and not lose ones mind or take ones own life in the end I am of the opinion that a person has to have the constitution for immortality. They must be strong of mind and be able to find great pleasure in something that is as immortal as they are.
I take my own example from the character Marius De Romanus in the Ann Rice Vampire Series. He found his greatest joy in philosophy and the study of mans development and though he did love greatly many people he was always just detached enough to endure their loss should it come. I feel that to really be able to handle living forever one would have to find a great passion and find their drive though that rather then depend on people for ones happiness in life. Now of course this would rule out most of the Herd around us but there are those that have the mindset for it.
Now should the day come when one would live forever how would you go about it and would you even want to? At what price would you be willing to cast aside an immortal life ? (Such as being mostly robotic and unable to feel though out large portions of your body.)

#363307 - 12/01/08 05:16 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
At what price would you be willing to cast aside an immortal life ?

Over my dead body. grin

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#363314 - 12/01/08 05:51 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I am one who would answer with an instant YES. I would, indeed, choose immortality. If those I "love" wouldn't choose the same... their loss. If they couldn't (for financial reasons)... their unwillingness to make the proper preperations for it by investments and or multiple other ways to gain the finances to live forever.

Along that line of thought, have you seen this?

www.vampiretemple.com

#363315 - 12/01/08 05:58 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: DCLXVI]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
I can answer this question with an assertive...
"I don't know?"

On one hand it would give us a great deal more time to advance ourselves, our legacy, and fulfill dreams. Imagine how great an artist could be if they could live forever.

On the other hand, is it our deaths that give our lives meaning? Although we complete so much that is significant in life, often times you find peoples deaths making their works in this life much, MUCH more valuable. Especially in the field of art.

#363335 - 12/01/08 08:25 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My loved friend and relatives would all die anyway, whether I'm immortal or not. So losing them wound not be a factor in deciding to extend my own life. And of course, if some kind of immortality technology is developed, it will probably be available for them too. In any case, having a long life would give me time enough to process the grief.

As for living in a cybernetic body with limited sensitivity, even the crudest robotic body is better than be a corpse. All I have to do is wait for those upgrades.

#363363 - 12/01/08 10:34 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Old_Pig]
HorrorCore Offline

Loc: WA
Being only 19, I'm hoping that medical technologies will advance much further within my lifetime. I would pay a pretty penny for the opportunity to live for over a hundred years.

#363366 - 12/01/08 10:39 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Well, not to answer the question with a question...but why would I want to die?

What's waiting for me? Even if there is some intangible paradise on the other end, screw it; none of my stuff is there.

The consensus, after weighing the downs and ups, is that living forever would kick ass.

#363407 - 12/02/08 09:07 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: LoneNights
Now with this in mind me and a shipmate of mine got to wondering if people would really want to live forever.

Oh no. Not THIS shit again.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#363408 - 12/02/08 09:07 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Without a doubt, anyone with a lick of sense wants to live as long as possible.

But to make the leap from the potentially realistic hope of living a long time to the pure fantasy of "immortality" is self-delusion.

I can think of a few religions that center themselves around the concept of immortality. If fooling yourself into buying that shit appeals to you, it won't be hard to find one to cater to exactly that hope.

#363525 - 12/02/08 11:08 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hotei Offline

I think the distinction between true immortality and increased lifespan is important. Since I judge the former to be impossible that leaves only the prospect of increasing the amount of time an individual lives. It then becomes a simple cost-benefit analysis. Would I rather have 100 mediocre years or 50 excellent ones, etc.

#363526 - 12/02/08 11:16 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Hotei]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Precisely.

#363529 - 12/02/08 11:22 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Hotei]
strong_outcast Offline

Well, i don"t think that I would want to be immortal unless if my family would also be immortal.

#363533 - 12/02/08 11:30 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: strong_outcast]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
That is funny, because I would only want to be immortal if my family were *NOT* immortal. crossbones

#363535 - 12/02/08 11:52 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Warlock Atreus]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I'd assume you're referring to your family as in "the people you were born into."

It's actually quite a different perspective when you choose your family - as in, you are the husband/father, or wife/mother.

Or maybe you meant the latter. In which case, my condolences.

#363538 - 12/03/08 12:45 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
Of course, I was being flippant. You are correct. I meant the family into which I was born.

I always felt like an alien among them. The ones who reared me did as well as they could for me with what and who they were. But they are gone now. It is the ones who still live whose immortality would concern me. When I became familiar with the opera Siegfried, I totally understood how Siegfried felt being raised by Mime.

Regarding my loved ones (as opposed to "my family") - when I love it comes with the tacit agreement that they may precede me in death. Everything one loves and experiences in this reality, one will lose. It's taken me a long time to be more in the present and enjoy the ride while it's there and less focused on the forever-ness of it.

Also, if it were my plan to live this life forever, it is possible someone I would love would not want to live forever. I would have to choose between my desire for them in my life now and my desire for them to be in my life forever.

To an immortal, a mortal person is basically terminally-ill. I love the people I do knowing they are terminally-ill - as I think I am, currently. smirk

#363540 - 12/03/08 01:25 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:
Now should the day come when one would live forever how would you go about it and would you even want to? At what price would you be willing to cast aside an immortal life ? (Such as being mostly robotic and unable to feel though out large portions of your body

How would I go about it? Simple - The same way I live now, by looking forward to each new day.

And why would you even want to? A better question would be - if it were possible why would I choose death? It is so final.

Lastly if the only way to stay alive depends on me being mostly robotic and unable to feel portions of my body - hook me up and plug me in.

Note: I have MS and already know what it feels like to be numb in various parts of my body on any given day.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#363562 - 12/03/08 05:48 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
“Every scientific fact accepted today once burned as a fantastic fire in the mind of someone called mad.“ ~ The Invisible Ray

I’ve always really dug that quote. smile

Medicine is so freaking incredible, has succeeded in doing the most mind-boggling remarkable things, it‘s not too difficult to imagine that more amazing things are yet to come. But bona fide, and sometimes dangerous, nuttiness abounds in this field. Always has.

Medical technological advances interest me greatly but something that promises that you'll never die... ? That sounds like any other eternal afterlife fantasy or claim of physical incorruptibility. It doesn’t help that some organizations that espouse this sort of thing follow all of the prescripts of a cult. Unfortunately, people seem to balk at genuine medical innovations for this exact reason (they sound crazy) and that becomes a problem when it effects research funding or availability. Distinguishing the lunacy from the legitimate science is not always easy, the boundaries can blur (at least to laypeople like me), and all sides have vested interests in convincing you they‘re right.

Who wouldn’t want the Fountain of Youth? It’s an easy sell. Life extension is great but I’d personally be more thrilled with a cure for Alzheimer’s or other degenerative diseases of that nature. I would certainly avail myself of any reasonable, relatively safe technology. I understand there are no guarantees in medicine but I‘m not about to sign up for any quack treatments that cost me my retirement fund or, ironically, my quality of life. Caveat emptor.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#363734 - 12/03/08 10:40 PM A few thoughts. [Re: LoneNights]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Just a few thoughts.

First, in this context "immortal" really means "not having to die anytime soon because the body ages, wears out, or otherwise fails (dies)." (Nemo's definition).

For anything to be strictly "immortal" in the purest sense of the word, you would have to wait forever to know if it were still alive. Not really a testable sort of thing!

Reminds me of the fellow who fell off the Empire State Building and kept noting as he fell, "So far so good." wink

So, in this context with "immortal" we are really just referring to getting a body that stops aging and continues living if not hit by a comet, squashed by a steamroller, or otherwise wiped out.

Second, it is no problem for the Satanist to view the physical body as a machine. No need for any supernatural features. Just a machine.

Now you can replace the parts in a classic car as long as you can get parts. In that sense a car, or any machine, could be viewed as "immortal" if you can replace the parts as you go.

It actually requires a belief in a supernatural means to prevent the improvement of the physical body such that it could not be improved to not wear out or permanently fail (die).

To deny that such improvements are possible, you would have to believe that a supernatural God doesn't want that to be possible.

Otherwise, if the body is just a machine then sooner or later science will be able to keep that machine running as long as you wish it to.

Third, for Satanists the appeal of an unaging, undying, and youthful body is a no-brainer.

The people who say today they would reject physical immortality are like the fox who said the grapes he could not reach must be sour. For them, immortality is unattainable and unreachable. Just science fiction.

For Cambridge gerontologist, Aubrey de Grey, it is nothing more than a biological research issue involving the repairing of the seven physical damages that aging causes.

Your last questions answer themselves when rewritten slightly:

Quote:
Now should the day come when one would live forever how would you go about it and would you even want to?

Now should the day come when one could DIE tomorrow, how would you go about it and when would you even want to?

Quote:
At what price would you be willing to cast aside an immortal life ?

At what price would you be willing to cast aside DEATH?

Wait around. You might just get to answer those questions for yourself. jack

"Life is the great indulgence, death the great abstinence."
-The Satanic Bible

#363741 - 12/03/08 11:23 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: Nemo]
SinisterSLA6669 Offline

Loc: Bay Area, California
Quote:
if the body is just a machine then sooner or later science will be able to keep that machine running as long as you wish it to.

Third, for Satanists the appeal of an unaging, undying, and youthful body is a no-brainer.[quote/]

"Life is the great indulgence, death the great abstinence."
-The Satanic Bible

I am seeing that science will be able to keep this machine running.

ASLV
TSR
pg14(P)2&3

#363750 - 12/04/08 12:22 AM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: Nemo]
Hotei Offline

Edited by Hotei (12/04/08 12:25 AM)

#363751 - 12/04/08 12:39 AM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: Hotei]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Hotei

....intriguing.

#363814 - 12/04/08 10:43 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca

#363909 - 12/04/08 06:56 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: Nemo]
ArtAche86 Offline

Originally Posted By: Nemo
To deny that such improvements are possible, you would have to believe that a supernatural God doesn't want that to be possible.

No just the Government. There is no money in a cure...there is money in disease. And since Greed is what runs the world, we are unlikely to see this happen. A great deal of people, even those loosely linked with the medical field, make a lot of money off of peoples' sicknesses. To cure those sicknesses with a Star-Trek Cyborg Suit, would piss off a great deal of people who were getting gipped from their money.

Is it possible. Of course it is. Will the Government allow it? No. I doubt it. At least not any time soon.

The irony? I am sure that the same Government that wouldn't allow its people these advances in scientific technology, would have a plethora of its own people sustaining their lives through these advances, if for nothing else more than to make sure they can live long enough to oppress society at large.

Edited by hester moffet (12/04/08 06:58 PM)
Edit Reason: cranial methane expulsion

#363920 - 12/04/08 08:40 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: ArtAche86]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Will the Government allow it? No. I doubt it. At least not any time soon.

The US government?

Phooey!

Think!

If we don't do it somebody else will.

Church of Satan

#363923 - 12/04/08 09:08 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: gypsy]
Alleycat Devil Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
If I can live like i'm 30 when i'm 90 years of age, And leave stories about my exploits for years opon years beyond my death, I'll consider that proper immortality.

#363927 - 12/04/08 09:28 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

I agree...its like i've said before. We are long overdue for another revolution here. Just wondering when it will happen.

#363928 - 12/04/08 09:31 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: LoneNights

Now should the day come when one would live forever how would you go about it and would you even want to?

Asking a Satanist if he wants immortality is like asking Whitney Houston if she wants a new crackpipe for Christmas.

Of Friggin' Course!

#363977 - 12/05/08 09:43 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Callier]
HorrorCore Offline

Loc: WA
Quote:
Asking a Satanist if he wants immortality is like asking Whitney Houston if she wants a new crackpipe for Christmas.

lmao, well said

#364276 - 12/07/08 05:25 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: HorrorCore]
Sinestro Offline
BANNED

Being a bodybuilder I'm also into studies on longevity. That's part of the key staying fit. Like anything else if you don't use it you lose it. Look at Sylvestor Stalone in his 60's! He looks better than ever. He was caught bringing Human Growth Hormone into Australia. From what I've read and questioned my Doctor about for males at least the downward spiral starts after 18! Puberty. The next big hit is when you reach 45ish. A gradual decline in testosterone production along with other factors. Like a sedentary life style and improper nutrition. You are what you eat! For males at least that's why we start to fall apart. For females it's menopause. That's why they have Hormone Replacement Therapy clinics until that loophole might be closed for males. Talk about a witch hunt the whole steroid craze. Come on. Like anything if used responsibly and with education you won't harm yourself. It's the whole throw the baby out with the bathwater thing. Go on Professional Muscle.com or my favorite bodybuilding board, Chemical Anarchy. You'll be amazed by how smart some of the meatheads are. LOL. Lots of medical abstracts and studies on the subject.

But, of course life extension and quality of life aren't immortality by a long stretch.

Both, sets of my grandparents have lived into their 90's. It's just a matter of quality of life of course. There's ways to stop or reverse dementia. Piracetam and Pramacetam both chemicals they use in Europe but good luck finding them here.

And yes they want us hooked on pharmaceuticals. I just finished working in another Walgreens going up here where I live. They had a show National Public Radio on this issue. All the CVS pharmacies, Walgreens etc. won't be affected by the economic downturn. In fact they are putting up a few more in my state. I watched a YouTube video on this too. We are one of two countries that allow pharmaceutical advertising on television. It's a form of brain washing / mind control. I could go on and on with examples.

I believe if they do ever figure out how to switch off the aging process It'll be reserved for the elite. Why, would they want the cattle to share in the advancement? Not, to mention the problem of over population etc. that would ensue. We are already stressing the earths resources to the breaking point.

#364283 - 12/07/08 07:34 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Sinestro]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Anabolic steroid use and abuse is a complicated issue. Possession of them without a prescription is a federal crime. And like any controlled substance, there is the potential for physical and psychological dependency. However, I do think they are largely misunderstood thanks to the ethical debate in professional sports.

The physical and emotional side effects of taking steroids may be exaggerated not because of valid medical evidence but because of these sportsmanship issues; it‘s pretty common for moral questions to cloud the legitimacy or efficacy of anything in the medical field. “Roid rage” especially is suspect to me. It seems just as likely that people who are already prone to being jerks just become bigger jerks (literally, physically) on steroids without any correlation to the drugs themselves. I’m not sure if it’s even ever been used successfully as a legal defense.

The known beneficial uses of steroids are usually ignored by the media. I’ve had injections to treat ganglion cysts. It‘s also used to treat menopause, andropause, burns (and a ton of other skin conditions), arthritis and AIDS/cancer patients (because the loss of lean muscle mass is associated with increased mortality rates).

A really great documentary that discusses all angles of this topic is Bigger, Stronger, Faster (directed by Christopher Bell). I wouldn't go so far as to say steroids are harmless. But no drug ever is.

Quote:
Not, to mention the problem of over population etc. that would ensue. We are already stressing the earths resources to the breaking point.

Over-population + no resources = less population. Problem solved. coopdevil
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#364285 - 12/07/08 08:10 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Shade]
Sinestro Offline
BANNED

Yes, I agree with you on the roid rage thing. If you are already a jerk it'll just magnify it. I've seen it happen 1st hand. A hockey player attacked me when I was in college outside of a bar picking a flower! LOL. He blind sided me, got me on the ground all I could do was curl up into a ball. He screwed me up pretty good kicking me in the head and torso. Luckily, some guys I knew were there and got a cop to stop the assault. Found out this wasn't the 1st time he had done this from his g/f a few months later. A psychopathic sort of personality with juice is a bad combination.

They are persecuting those baseball players that were taking prohormones LEGALLY before the loophole was closed.

True, like any medication there's sides. It's advisable to get blood work done and be seen by a physician. That's what Hormone Replacement Clinics are for. Not to mention the legality! It's a federal offense like you mentioned. Not worth the time for the crime. And of course like any other substance there is addiction issues. People always seem to want to push the envelope of what's safe. The guys on the bodybuilding boards come in all stripes of course. Like anything else keep an open mind and don't believe all the demonizing that goes on. If you drink too much water you'll drown yourself.

#364286 - 12/07/08 08:20 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: Sinestro]
WolfMoon Offline

Quote:
We are already stressing the earths resources to the breaking point.

That is highly exaggerated. A useful tactic to keep people in fear. We aren't running out of resources anytime soon.

#364295 - 12/07/08 09:27 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: WolfMoon]
Sinestro Offline
BANNED

Not sure if I agree with that respectfully. I try to keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions or believe everything I hear. Leading scientists say the ice caps are melting at an exponential rate. Also, China is jumping from the 3rd world economy it is right now into the industrial revolution. I can't quote exactly, but it was stated on Public Radio they are throwing up a new cool fired electric plant daily, weekly. They don't have any sort of pollution control standards. Science fact not fiction. Who, knows they could be skewing the data what have you for their own hidden agendas. A scare tatic.

I believe 9/11 could've been prevented. That's a good way to keep people in fear. I met an NSA, "National Security Agency" operative at a PSYOP school back in 96. We had a little chit chat. He was there to see how we gathered our intelligence. We were considered lower echelon. He was a Farci linguast and his job during the 1st Gulf War was to tranlate captured documents and brief the Generals. He told me to watch out for the student visa / passport loophole. The terrorist who flew into the twin towers took advantage of that. Getting student visas then dropping under the radar.

#364319 - 12/07/08 04:58 PM Why no one can stop it. [Re: ArtAche86]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Conspiracy theory: Group X will not allow it. (Government, for example).

Fact: Group X is composed of ...human beings who accept medical treatment to include surgery, organ transplants, prescription medication treatments, and seem to forget all about "going when my time is up" when any medical emergency happens.

Simple. grin

#364325 - 12/07/08 07:11 PM Re: A few thoughts. [Re: ArtAche86]
SinisterSLA6669 Offline

Loc: Bay Area, California
In my Opinion, this society has always operated according to the Status of an Individual and having said that, those who have the right status will have the right to this scientific service of life preserving.

Like most things of importance, This will not be meant for just anyone and everyone.

ASLV
TSR
pg14(P)2&3

#364364 - 12/08/08 07:32 AM Re: Why no one can stop it. [Re: Nemo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Nemo
Conspiracy theory: Group X will not allow it. (Government, for example).

Fact: Group X is composed of ...human beings who accept medical treatment to include surgery, organ transplants, prescription medication treatments, and seem to forget all about "going when my time is up" when any medical emergency happens.

Simple. grin

PLUS...if there were a group X, it is corporations, NOT "The Government".

Follow the money.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#364368 - 12/08/08 08:40 AM Re: Why no one can stop it. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Aro Offline

Just like any other viral strain, as the environment changes and readies itself for it's new stage, it's creatures will also is my belief. I a not implying that all human life is parasitic in the sense that we are killing our host as apart of this dreadful turn of events. I look at it more as that humans were designed for perseverance, a well oiled machine... or we will be.
You watch those apocalyptic movies about life after, people walking vast deserts that were once cities. Plausible in one sense I suppose, but our race is not dependent on the sun to engineer our nutritional needs. I can imagine it would be quite easy for the race to survive underground. Looking at patterns of life on Earth, the Carboniferous and Permian periods provided a flourishing environment for top dwellers. As the oxygen decreased, the lifeforms became smaller and smaller leading into the Triassic where some believe mammals were born. So over time as the Earth adjusted and it's creatures did also, here we(humans)are in a stagnant, chemical fuse of an atmosphere, overpopulated. We can't hear. We can't see. We can't physically fight. Our skin is thin, and yet we can chemically adapt to changes such as disease and infection.
I have no doubt in my mind that we were meant to be here, and that we were meant to "live forever". If I could contribute to the furthering of education and science by continuing to learn and act, with the incredible tool of endless time on my side, of course I would. Like I said, not [/i]all[i] humans are parasitic. I have very great hopes for my son, who is autistic. He has truly been given the gift of sight, and i look forward to his contributions. Mama loves him.

This is my first post. Hi.

- Aro

#364439 - 12/08/08 04:36 PM Re: Why no one can stop it. [Re: Nemo]
ArtAche86 Offline

Exactly! I agree with you entirely. That is the point I was trying to express. Not that this isn't possible. Simply that the government (as it has in the past I'm sure) keeps its people blind to advances until the time is right for it to become readily available to the public.

Of course the upper 10% of the world (financially speaking)would be able to enjoy this service.

Another good question on the idea of artifical body parts (I keep thinking of Will Smith's arm in "i Robot") to prolong life would be:"Do you take on the new parts in your youth, or when you are older" (if you have the option depending upon your present age)? I guess it wouldn't matter, because I imagine they could make your body young again or somewhat "ageless".

An interesting thought. If I had the funds, of course I would do this, if it were available.

I always appreciate your input Magister.

#364519 - 12/09/08 01:07 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Ok, this is off topic (immortality) but it seemed fitting and interesting none the less.

Filmmaker Plans to Install Camera in His Eye Socket.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/12/eye-spy-filmmak.html

Church of Satan

#364639 - 12/09/08 04:03 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

at least he'll never get pinkeye right?

#364657 - 12/09/08 05:38 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: ArtAche86]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Technicolor! grin

Church of Satan

#364701 - 12/10/08 12:05 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

as well as a cure to blindness and color blindness possibly. If that works we are talking about a breakthrough. A lot more snipers and pilots too!

#364707 - 12/10/08 12:56 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: ArtAche86]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

It is not science fiction anymore.
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=22543

Church of Satan

#364713 - 12/10/08 01:17 AM Re: To be immortal [Re: gypsy]
ArtAche86 Offline

I hope it goes somewhere. Anything that can be done to give people the ability to increase the quality of life, should be done. And hopefully it will.

#365197 - 12/12/08 07:17 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Grima]
Dfalls Offline

Whoa.. But Satanists go to hell when they die.. remember? So we'd better postpone that, like, forever..

#365423 - 12/14/08 05:08 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: Warlock Atreus]
Zenof Offline

I would have to say yes, a thousand times yes! It has always been my dream to see the humans die out. I have been constantly curious how it would take place.. Black hole, nuclear bombs, or perhaps just a simple microbe.
If I am unable to live to see it take place then I will continue to condition my consciousness to walk the world till it all falls apart.

#365435 - 12/14/08 07:06 PM Re: To be immortal [Re: LoneNights]
TheAbysmal Offline

LoneNights,

One could look at the issue this way: Being immortal would give One plenty of time to decide if He or She really wanted to live forever or not.

And in the mean time, plenty of time to do hell of a lot of other things.

I like the idea of not having to worry about death.

Pick what You think is better:

1) Death will come to Me when it does.

2) Death will come to Me if and when I choose it.

I kinda like option 2 better. And, death really is a choice in many ways, maybe even only a choice.

Refuse to die.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12021 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405247 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements