Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#363446 - 12/02/08 01:25 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Ygraine]
Ebenezer Scrooge Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Ygraine
I'm with Daark. I'll pay that just to get rid of you.

Smiley faces, lol, none of it makes up for your complete lack of respect.

You don't like the idea of subscriptions? Fine. Your first option would be to listen to your mother's advice when she told you "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." If, because you are so self-important you feel the rest of us simply cannot get by without your input, you can't shut your yap, allow me show you how a Satanist, which by definition should mean a person with manners and other lesser magic skills would do it:

I'm not a fan of subscriptions, and as much as I enjoy this forum I doubt I would continue were a subscription required. This is no reflection on the forum, but more an issue of personal choice.

Wow.

You wouldn't even have broken a sweat.

Now, if only I could come up with a classy, etiquette appropriate way to call you an asshole............

Y~

Yeah,if anyone bothered to do the research,you would see prior to my joking around, that I did indeed post in a nice manner and it is on page 3.

Originally Posted By: Cyprian Latakia page 3 second post on the top
Member wise, I am still very new here, so what I say most likely won't even be looked at, but I did have a few thoughts on it.

I can recall, from a few years back, that Kevin Smith charged a one dollar lifetime fee for his forums. He did so, not to keep up the server or anything, but to keep out the idiots.

Anyways, as far as I know there are two "major" Satanic forums. There is LTTD and the COS bashing idiots whose name is an inverse of a Christian TV show. I did a Google search for Satanism forums and this is actually No. 3 on the list.

Now, I have been reading LTTD for a long time. I can remember reading them when I was 16, and it may have been possible that I even read it when I was 14-15. Can't remember if I did though.

This site has been integral in teaching me a lot. This site is integral to teaching newbies a lot too.

I can recall a couple years back, reading a lot of BS about the different forums and bickering going back and forth. When you're new to reading forums on Satanism, first impressions are important. To me, it just seemed like the satanic version of the East/West Coast rap BS. Sticking with the forums though, I got to see the quality that this site possessed over the others.

I was won over and have only bothered reading these forums since.

I think that the General Satanism needs to be free for people to get a feel for these forums. Not so much to participate in the discussions, but at least just to view.

The other threads are hit or miss, you're not really missing much if you can't view the humor, music and other sections. There are a lot of forums and sites, which are free, that allow discussion of those things, and I don't see anyone being won over to paying just for those sections.

The General Satanism one though, I think anyways, will be a big clincher in drawing people in. Without it, I think you're going to lose people to the other forums because they are free, for starters, and because people know what they are getting with those sites. I don't think that is a good thing. I just viewed one of the sites and it was filled with people who got banned here. Not to mention it talks a great lengths about BS, but if you're new to forums and Satanism, it may be hard to sort the BS from the gold without being able to compare and contrast.

The downside to leaving the General Satanism section open is you will end up with a lot of lurkers, but that is nothing new. The site is free and you still have lots of lurkers.

Personally, I think a good thing for drawing people in to pay money is maybe a "Best of" section. Give people a little taste of what the "downstairs" is like by adding locked topics that where quality threads when they where new to this section so people can see what they are missing.

I could dig paying a buck for that. As it stands, I voted no, but not because I am really opposed to it, just not sure at the moment.

I do believe I did EXACTLY what you said, and was nice about, did I not?

Its amazing how my first post in this thread no one bothers to read, instead they see misinterpret my, albeit lame jokes, as me just being general assholery.

The humor may have been lost on everyone but me, but the fact still remains, funny or not, you can see that before hand I was:

1. I was extremely polite,saying I am not against subscriptions and was indeed on the fence about it.

2. I acknowledged the Magisters years of hard work to
Satanism.

3.I have said these forums are an important resource.

Now if the person I replied to feels I wronged him in my lame ass attempt at humor, let him PM me and I will be glad to discuss it with him, apologize and do what I can to rectify the situation.

This is the second time that I feel you have been rude to me though, might be the first. Is it the fact my name tag isn't orange? I though, don't want an apology. Since you're a Magistra, apologizing to any non COS member, I'm sure, would be beneath you anyways.

I'm just going to pretend this didn't happen and move on from the thread.

Thank you mam, for your opinion of me, even if it was unsolicited.

P.S. As you can see, I am a very polite and respectful person. "Momma didn't raise no fools" grin

I don't mean to sound bitter,cold,or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.-Bill Hicks

#363447 - 12/02/08 01:27 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Descendant]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Here is the payment break down as I have it now. I am still working a few bugs out of the system currently. Sadly with all the different access levels everyone has here, it makes planning this more difficult than just Free Member / Paid Member .....

-- Monthly Paid Subscription (Recurring) - $6.66
--------------------------------------------------
Select this subscription if you would like to pay monthly. You will be billed each month for membership, which you can cancel at anytime. This option is best for those who would like to "try" the system out without committing to a long term subscription.

-- Monthly Paid Subscription (Recurring) - $36.66
Yearly Access to all forums and Yearly Full Access to Satannet's Undercroft Social Network. This payment structure will auto-renew every year.

-- Lifetime Paid Subscription (One Time) - $196.66
This is a one time paid lifetime membership which gives you full access to Letter to the Devil and Full Access to Satannet's Undercroft Social Network for the life of the systems.

Payment will be available via Paypal and check/money order on both LttD and the Undercroft (Pay at one or the other, not both).

If you pay on LttD and want access to the Undercroft you will need to contact me with your username for there. If you pay on the Undercroft and want access to LttD you will need to contact me with your username on LttD. Sadly the payment systems are not tied together, but I wanted to give the option to sign up on either system since some people will only be using one or the other, not both (though I think most people will use both systems).

If you have any questions please let me know!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363448 - 12/02/08 01:34 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Ebenezer Scrooge Offline

Originally Posted By: Magister_Ventrue
Here is the payment break down as I have it now. I am still working a few bugs out of the system currently. Sadly with all the different access levels everyone has here, it makes planning this more difficult than just Free Member / Paid Member .....

-- Monthly Paid Subscription (Recurring) - $6.66
Select this subscription if you would like to pay monthly. You will be billed each month for membership, which you can cancel at anytime. This option is best for those who would like to "try" the system out without committing to a long term subscription.

-- Monthly Paid Subscription (Recurring) - $36.66
Yearly Access to all forums and Yearly Full Access to Satannet's Undercroft Social Network. This payment structure will auto-renew every year.

This is a one time paid lifetime membership which gives you full access to Letter to the Devil and Full Access to Satannet's Undercroft Social Network for the life of the systems.

Payment will be available via Paypal and check/money order on both LttD and the Undercroft (Pay at one or the other, not both).

If you pay on LttD and want access to the Undercroft you will need to contact me with your username for there. If you pay on the Undercroft and want access to LttD you will need to contact me with your username on LttD. Sadly the payment systems are not tied together, but I wanted to give the option to sign up on either system since some people will only be using one or the other, not both (though I think most people will use both systems).

If you have any questions please let me know!

I like the plan options, I really do. Ok, not so much option 3, but I can live with one and two.

What if someone decides not to renew one year though? Does their account get removed? If they decide to come back later on will they have to make a new account or will the old one still be an option for them to have?

I don't mean to sound bitter,cold,or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.-Bill Hicks

#363449 - 12/02/08 01:38 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Ebenezer Scrooge]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

If a subscription runs out (does not get renewed) the account will be "downgraded" to the "non-paid" level. The account will not be deleted or modified in any other way. That account will still have access to all the free features available to free accounts. At that point the user can choose to resubscribe again if they like at a later point.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363450 - 12/02/08 01:39 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Ebenezer Scrooge Offline

If a subscription runs out (does not get renewed) the account will be "downgraded" to the "non-paid" level. The account will not be deleted or modified in any other way. That account will still have access to all the free features available to free accounts. At that point the user can choose to resubscribe again if they like at a later point.

That sounds great, thank you!

#363455 - 12/02/08 02:28 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Magister,

A lifetime subscription only offers savings after more than five years. I understand you're in it for the long haul, but what guarantees can you offer regarding money paid in, if something unforeseen happens to the site before that?

#363457 - 12/02/08 02:47 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: reprobate]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Well, if the systems go down within the 5 years, then I will refund the remaining time back to the user. Though considering the track record of LttD, that is extremely unlikely. This board has been running in one form or another for about 15 years now, I do not know of any other system on the net that has been running for that long.

The "Savings" on the lifetime plan is for people who expect to also be in this for the long haul, like the users who have been on LttD for more than a few years now.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363458 - 12/02/08 02:54 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
Magister,

Thank You for providing the Payment Option information, I take it you will be adding a thread/link somewhere with the mailing information for those of us who will be mailing in our Membership Fee. Sorry, I'm sure you are probably swamped right now, I don't mean to be a bug.

#363459 - 12/02/08 03:15 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Understood! Thank you Magister. You can count on my subscription.

#363465 - 12/02/08 04:01 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
A solid and fair solution Magister!

#363477 - 12/02/08 06:09 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Ebenezer Scrooge]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
And this is why you'll never be orange, because, strangely, you weren't completely wrong when you wrote your first post, and I was wrong to have not read it.

Quote:
This is the second time that I feel you have been rude to me though, might be the first. Is it the fact my name tag isn't orange? I though, don't want an apology. Since you're a Magistra, apologizing to any non COS member, I'm sure, would be beneath you anyways.

Being polite to another human being, warranted or otherwise, is never beneath me.

Neither is admitting when I am wrong.

So, without any BUTs attached, let me apologize for not reading your first post so that I would have understood the second.

You mention I have been rude to you twice, and at least once I recognize as mostly my fault. Moreover, you are handling my insult of you pretty damn well, and, truthfully, now have me on the defensive---good lesser magic skills.

I shall feel obligated to read more of your posts in the hope that there is some common ground that would negate this rough beginning--for both our sakes'.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#363478 - 12/02/08 06:10 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis

I was hoping you would offer this.
Thank you.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#363486 - 12/02/08 06:49 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Personally, I think this site would be more than worth the subscription price, and am frankly rather surprised it was not instated before I even got here.

If you need an extra hand with getting anything set up, or anything, I'd be more than happy to help. I completely understand the burden it can be on both time and money, so even if you don't need it, I'd like to put forth an offer to help where and how I can, if it's desired. Thank you for a wonderful service that has granted me irreplaceable real-world connections.

Hail LttD!

#363487 - 12/02/08 06:53 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: reprobate]
Apprenticius Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Richmond, VA
I had thought of the prospect that the LttD may shut down unexpectedly as well, making a lifetime subscription potentially a financial risk. I evaluated the risk and return on a lifetime subscription to LttD as I do with other investments, I weighed the soundness of the company and my confidence in its leadership.

Furthermore, even if LttD was to cease operating (very remote possibility as Magister Ventrue has mentioned, it has been on-going for around 15 years), I would consider the lifetime subscription fee my act of tendering for services rendered over all these years. Now that Magister Ventrue has mentioned a provision to refund the prorated balance in the event LttD goes down within five years after the beginning of a lifetime subscription, I see no reason why a CoS member would not make the investment in this valuable resource through a lifetime subscription.

Edited by Apprenticius (12/02/08 06:54 PM)

#363491 - 12/02/08 07:25 PM Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

How long before the subscription fees will become active?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Magister Frost 

Forum Stats
12158 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements