Topic Options
#363042 - 11/29/08 11:58 PM Church Of The Subgenius
Mano Sinistra Offline

Loc: PAC NW
Hello,

I recently stumbled upon a youtube video from The Church Of The Subgenius, and, having fond memories of the few people I knew about ten years ago, who were affiliated with them, I started to think.

Were I to obtain registered membership in the Church of Satan, would it be frowned upon or expressly forbidden to obtain registered membership in The Church Of The Subgenius?

I do understand the conflict that could arise were I ever to be an active member or media representative, and though you have not met me save your reading of this post, I can assure you I have no desire to be any sort of public face for The Church Of The Subgenius.

That said, may I kindly request the educated opinions of those amongst the Church of Satan administration and hierarchy in regards to this group?

I personally see The Church Of The Subgenius as a sort of dadaist, agit-prop, religious satire group.

Edited by mani di tuono (11/29/08 11:58 PM)
Edit Reason: grammatical mistake

#363045 - 11/30/08 12:30 AM Re: Church Of The Subgenius [Re: Mano Sinistra]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"Were I to obtain registered membership in the Church of Satan, would it be frowned upon or expressly forbidden to obtain registered membership in The Church Of The Subgenius?"

No.

Illegal activities are frowned upon; as long as the organizations you belong to do not advocate or engage in them, you are ok.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#363083 - 11/30/08 06:53 AM Re: Church Of The Subgenius [Re: Phineas]
Mano Sinistra Offline

Thanks for the prompt reply.

#363098 - 11/30/08 09:49 AM Re: Church Of The Subgenius [Re: Mano Sinistra]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are welcome.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#363208 - 11/30/08 11:23 PM Re: Church Of The Subgenius [Re: Mano Sinistra]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: mani di tuono
Were I to obtain registered membership in the Church Of Satan, would it be frowned upon or expressly forbidden to obtain registered membership in The Church Of The Subgenius?

No, I've known some people who were members of both organizations. So long as you're not joining an organzation that bashes or tries to rival the Church of Satan, or condones illegal activity, then it's typically not a problem.

Quote:
That said, may I kindly request the educated opinions of those amongst the Church Of Satan administration and hierarchy in regards to this group?

The Church of the Subgenius (CoSG) certainly has some Satanic aspects to its philosophy: non-conformity, freethought, humor, self-rulership, making use of unconventional aesthetics. We used to air their "Hour of Slack" radio show on Radio Free Satan. Over all, I like what they're doing.

I suppose that if I had any personal objections about the CoSG, it would be that they attract a lot of compulsively silly types. I'm referring to the type of people who seem almost afraid to act serious for more than 10 seconds about anything, whether it's to get into philosophical discussions, or to have sentimental feelings over a movie or a piece of music, etc. Some of these poeple act as if they're playing the Stephen Colbert character 24-7. It's probably a mix of impatience, a fear of being "conformist", and a fear of having their bubble burst by somebody else. But again, that's just a minor gripe of mine.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#363375 - 12/02/08 12:03 AM Re: Church Of The Subgenius [Re: Bill_M]
Mano Sinistra Offline

Thank you as well, Rev. Bill.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements