Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#363493 - 12/02/08 07:31 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Apprenticius]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
I can see the value long-term in a lifetime subscription and I can see the immediate (and warranted) value to Magister Ventrue to have up-front capital to make this happen. But on Year 6 (ironically), the site becomes an entitlement to lifetime members and Magister Ventrue is back to having a stack of members he is supporting with no visible means of support for himself. That is far better than its being free, though. It is a remarkable value, nonetheless.

#363494 - 12/02/08 07:32 PM 1 Question. [Re: Ebenezer Scrooge]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
Quote:
As it stands, I voted no, but not because I am really opposed to it, just not sure at the moment.

I would have no problem with it. - 81 (82%)

I might do it - 10 (10%)

I will stop using the board if it happens. - 8 (08%)

Wouldn't the second option for voting have sufficed better for someone on the fence than a "No"?

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#363497 - 12/02/08 07:40 PM Re: 1 Question. [Re: Unknown]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
Wouldn't the second option for voting have sufficed better for someone on the fence than a "No"?

Ok, you're really starting to beat a dead horse with this.

Let's just move on, shall we?

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#363500 - 12/02/08 07:45 PM Re: 1 Question. [Re: Bruja]
Unknown Offline

Okay Witch Bruja, you're right.

Moving on then. jack

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#363502 - 12/02/08 07:49 PM Re: Time? [Re: Unknown]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Technically, everything is pretty much ready to go ... I am just working out the last few details and then it will be turned on!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363505 - 12/02/08 07:57 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Ygraine]
Ebenezer Scrooge Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Ygraine
And this is why you'll never be orange, because, strangely, you weren't completely wrong when you wrote your first post, and I was wrong to have not read it.

Quote:
This is the second time that I feel you have been rude to me though, might be the first. Is it the fact my name tag isn't orange? I though, don't want an apology. Since you're a Magistra, apologizing to any non COS member, I'm sure, would be beneath you anyways.

Being polite to another human being, warranted or otherwise, is never beneath me.

Neither is admitting when I am wrong.

So, without any BUTs attached, let me apologize for not reading your first post so that I would have understood the second.

You mention I have been rude to you twice, and at least once I recognize as mostly my fault. Moreover, you are handling my insult of you pretty damn well, and, truthfully, now have me on the defensive---good lesser magic skills.

I shall feel obligated to read more of your posts in the hope that there is some common ground that would negate this rough beginning--for both our sakes'.

Y~

Thank you Magistra, I look forward to putting this behind us and moving on.

smile

I don't mean to sound bitter,cold,or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.-Bill Hicks

#363507 - 12/02/08 08:05 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Perseus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Magister_Ventrue
Technically, everything is pretty much ready to go ... I am just working out the last few details and then it will be turned on!

I look forward to when all the new systems come online, when it does you shall have my full lifetime payment via paypal and I would assume large amounts of members would also be in for the long haul. I am thankful though that you installed the life-plan because this is easier for those of us who just want to pay it and then not have to worry about it anymore.

I will wait however until the Undercroft is online and the new features are in place before payment is made so less trouble is had when upgrading user's account.

Could you please however provide us with the benefits (besides contributing to this forum and yourself of course) of the different payment levels? (if their is one at all)

Edited by MrDaniel (12/02/08 08:13 PM)
Edit Reason: adding words

#363509 - 12/02/08 08:12 PM Re: Time? [Re: Perseus]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Yeah, I am definitely in for the long haul. I may have to do a single month first but will definitely lifetime it in January.

#363523 - 12/02/08 10:57 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: USA
Quote:
-- Lifetime Paid Subscription (One Time) - $196.66
--------------------------------------------------
This is a one time paid lifetime membership which gives you full access to Letter to the Devil and Full Access to Satannet's Undercroft Social Network for the life of the systems.

Excellent! Exactly what I was hoping for. I don't like recurring payments. I'd rather pay up front and be done with it.

Thanks Magister Ventrue!

I can see this board becoming much more refined with this measure in place.

Mr. Saturday
Media Contact/Warlock - Church of Satan

#363531 - 12/02/08 11:23 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Sounds good, Magister! You can count on receiving my payment by mail. smile

HS!
Undercroft Sign Up

#363548 - 12/03/08 02:02 AM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Unknown Offline

Excellent!

I am excited to see how things will turn out around here.

#363583 - 12/03/08 09:11 AM Re: Time? [Re: Perseus]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
All the payment levels will receive the same benefits, the only difference is how you pay and the overall price. The Monthly being the most expensive (but also requires the most maintenance from me), the yearly being less per month than the monthly ... and the yearly technically saving you the most overall (as long as you are in it for the long haul, i.e. 5+ years).

Currently as it stands now I plan on adding some new features to LttD, the Arcade of course and eventually blogging along with a few other new things.

The largest change will be the Undercroft. The New undercroft will have Blogs, Groups, A forum (for Undercroft Help only), Classifieds, Articles, Instant Messaging between members, "Possible Chatrooms" (I have not fully decided on this yet), Video Upload, Music Upload, Photo Albums, Events Listing, A Reward Points System, User Polls, User Recommendations, and more ... The Undercroft is going to open pretty plain to start with new features being added every week.

All Subscription users will get full access to all features on both the Undercroft and LttD and full access to all new features with no additional charge. Also, you will be locked in on the subscription price so if it were to "raise" for some reason in the future, you will not have to worry about it!

Thank you!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363624 - 12/03/08 01:10 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Apprenticius]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Apprenticius
I see no reason why a CoS member would not make the investment in this valuable resource through a lifetime subscription.

My thoughts exactly, Warlock. I also agree with you on the point you made about the YEARS the Magister has provided LttD totally without charge.
As soon as he has the new server up and running and institutes the Subscription program, my Lifetime will be paid. (As long as he accepts PayPal, which I believe he said he will.)

HAIL VENTRUE!!

#363655 - 12/03/08 04:21 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
An option if you decide to do chat rooms and would like excellent security would be opening and registering a channel on an IRC server and embedding a Mibbit IRC client (Java based) that directly connects to that channel.

#363659 - 12/03/08 04:30 PM Re: Time? [Re: Valek]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

There was a chatroom here when I first signed up to use the board in 1999. I think I only signed into it once or twice, but from what I remember, it was full of flame wars and the like. I think a chatroom would require some heavy moderation.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Magister Frost 

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404147 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements