Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#363662 - 12/03/08 04:43 PM Re: Time? [Re: Valek]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
If a chatroom shows up, it will be for Paid members only and it will be locally hosted and only accessible from the website ... IRC is the WORST place to have a chatroom, far too easy to take the channel over. I have a chat program that I use on my other social network sites and it works perfectly!

Again, I am still deciding on this feature.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363667 - 12/03/08 05:31 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Very well. There are measures that can avoid a takeover, but if you have something that works as you'd want it to, embedding anything else would just cause unnecessary hassle.

#363668 - 12/03/08 05:33 PM Re: Time? [Re: LKRice]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Originally Posted By: LKRice
I think a chatroom would require some heavy moderation.

That's a given, which is a strong con of having one for the Church of Satan, seeing as Christians throw enough flak at it as is.

Personally, I'm against having one, but if there's going to be one, it's good to weigh your options. I wasn't aware until reading his reply here that he already had a secure solution that operates as he desires, so that pretty much settles that.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the changes.

#363673 - 12/03/08 05:46 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
Originally Posted By: Magister_Ventrue

All Subscription users will get full access to all features on both the Undercroft and LttD and full access to all new features with no additional charge. Also, you will be locked in on the subscription price so if it were to "raise" for some reason in the future, you will not have to worry about it!

Thank you!

Magister,

I plan to pay the lifetime Membership Fee, I greatly enjoy the Company, Conversation, Topics, and of course the high-level of intellect from like-minded people. I'm not currently a CoS member, that may change in the immediate future, it may not. I guess what I really want to know is; does "full access" to LTTD mean that I will be able to interact in the Forums that I currently do not have access to? Either way, I'm still in, it would be a privelage though, to be able to play in the Basement.

#363681 - 12/03/08 06:25 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Apprenticius Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Richmond, VA
I am glad to read that instant messaging (IM) and chat rooms may be part of Undercroft in the future. One of the options I enjoyed about Undercroft was being able to search for users based on a number of search criteria, e.g. location, sexual orientation, relationship status, or other interests; it allowed me to make contact with CoS members of similar interests I may never have known about through the forums of LttD alone.

A concern was raised about shit disturbers if a real-time communication option like IM and chat rooms were initiated. The ability to ignore shit disturbers may be an easy solution. One feature that may enhance the shit disturber filtering process is being able to discern who is a CoS member on Undercroft and who is not; a feature that I do not remember being available previously. An option to prevent IM's from all non-members would be a good start. The IM feature would allow the opportunity to build new friendships with CoS members and strengthen current ones more efficiently.

#363691 - 12/03/08 07:33 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
The only question I have is when do you want the money and where do we send the check?

#363696 - 12/03/08 08:04 PM Re: Time? [Re: Descendant]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Well I guess I need to explain the details of this a little more clearly, as I do not believe I defined this yet.

"Full Access" means two things actually. First, if you are NOT a CoS Member but are a subscriber, Full Access means you will be able to see all the forums you see now plus the new forums I am creating for Non-CoS Members. All non-subscribers will see a very limited amount of forums.

If you are a CoS Member and a subscriber, you will have access to all the subscriber forums plus the CoS Member forums. If you are a CoS Member but not a subscriber, you will have the same access a Non-subscriber has.

The undercroft is a little different.... Subscribers will get full access to the undercroft and all its features, currently there will be no difference in features between Non-CoS Members and CoS Members who are subscribers (except a Badge on their profile). There will however be a huge difference between non-subscribers and subscribers when it comes to features on the undercroft but that is all explained on the undercroft when I open it tonight.

So I hope that explains it a little better smile

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363697 - 12/03/08 08:04 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I voted "Yes" awhile ago, though I haven't had time to chime in.

Simply, yes. Though I sincerely doubt it will weed out TOO much of the riff-raff, if they are going to come in and take, it should be better off that they leave a gift behind them on their way out the door.

Also, as Magister Nemo said, the worst things in life are free. I knew a guy who accepted a half eaten box of pizza from a pizzeria downtown. He was violently ill and hospitalized. That was free, and it sucked.

I have payed for things in the past that I wasn't happy about, but hey, I have had an extended trial period of over a year here, and like what I see. It's only right that this place tears a couple of bills out of my shriveled, twisted, over-used typing claw.

#363700 - 12/03/08 08:11 PM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
Thank You for the clarification Magister!

#363704 - 12/03/08 08:28 PM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Mr_47]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Ah, and that is the question! Guess what? The doors will be open here shortly ... Tonight!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#363712 - 12/03/08 08:37 PM The Goodies [Re: Magister Frost]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

What new forums might be added Magister?

#363722 - 12/03/08 09:09 PM Re: Long overdue. [Re: Nemo]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Now all of those parasites who proclaim their God-like superiority but cannot pay their monthly rent will run like the wind away from the subscriber-only portions of this marvelous message board.

haha it may also inspire them to get off their asses and get jobs!

#363747 - 12/04/08 12:00 AM Re: Long overdue. [Re: Unknown]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Unknown
[

haha it may also inspire them to get off their asses and get jobs!

I doubt it. Society could only be so lucky.

#363755 - 12/04/08 02:04 AM Re: Time? [Re: Magister Frost]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Subscribed as Warlock Bloodfire. devilchili

Going monthly for now and yearly next year.

Edited by Bloodfire (12/04/08 02:05 AM)

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#363761 - 12/04/08 06:06 AM Re: Subscriptions ??? [Re: Magister Frost]
BlasphemousOne Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Greetings Magister,

I have subscribed with the Lifetime option, my user name on Undercroft is the same as here: BlasphemousOne

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Magister Frost 

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements