Topic Options
#36399 - 04/21/04 11:57 PM VICTORY ! ! !
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I had made mention in the political forum before it was moved downstairs, of my efforts in the state of Colorado to pass a bill holding dog owners responsible, and ridding my state of breed specific bans.

The bill *1279* was signed by the guv'ner today, and put into direct effect. Dogs within the Denver city limits (pit bulls and other "dangerous" breeds) that were being held due to the former laws have been returned to their families, and future attempts at placing newer breed laws are pretty much dead before they see light...due to the action of one cool group of folk.

To enlighten you, the bill states that owners will be responsible for their animals behaviour. If a person cannot train their charges and keep needless attacks from happening, then that person is the one who will answer!
Dogs that are protecting property and life are to be able to do so as well (sic that fuck-nut Cujo...he's stealin' my guitar!), because someone thought ahead and put wording as such into the bill
Breed bans are now kicked to the curb as well.

I must state that I celebrate this happening ***heavily*** (tosses back a smooth shot of pinch), and that if anyone is in serious doubt of their efforts making change in their part of the world...push it far, Far, FAR back into the background! ACT, and it shall be so! That gray jelly betwixt yer ears is very capable, iffn' ya know what the hell you are doing and who stands between you and yours!

I fully thank the memory and work of LaVey, and its' solid bedrock of self I have realised in it. The scales never covered my eyes, and my direction has a focus of Satanic joy, dead ahead captain. I also pats my own back for writing the statements and speeches presented on the house floor, and within the senate. I also give due consideration to those who went with me, clutching my gibberish in their sweaty hands, nervous as hell, but willing to fight my fight at my request.! Those people deserve a brownie, and hell...I'll tip another shot of

pinch to them!

Pardon me...ahem...FUCKIN" A RIGHT! Yes with a shot of pinch!

I scratch the broad expanse of my pitbulls' head and nuzzle in between his big old "love me daddy" eyes and know that I have helped make my mark, regardless of what the worms said as I trampled them!

To the nay sayers---You worthless fucks----I am by no means done with you yet! Though I have won, I do not sleep knowing that you breathe still, and that you have the gall to continue to fight! Lay down and find a new home! Colorado is not yours, nor shall it ever be! I walk my lands with one serious set of values and desires...begone before I am forced to plant my boot in your collective asses again!

Hail Satan, Hail me, Hail Effort and Will.

#36400 - 04/22/04 12:35 AM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
Let me be first to congratulate you on your outstanding accomplishment!

Many a pet owner (and pet!) will be thankful for your actions.

#36401 - 04/22/04 01:15 AM Bravo!.. [Re: HLGwyn]
Shem_Hazai Offline

Loc: Mon pays, c'est l'Hivers!
So it is Done!

HS!
S.

#36402 - 04/23/04 11:15 AM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
That is wonderful news! I, being the owner of two large breed dogs, love to hear about strides like this. Interestingly, my insurance company has been riding my ass because my dogs ARE big. They want them to be on a leash even in my own damn fenced in yard. I'm looking for another insurance company...
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#36403 - 04/23/04 02:17 PM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: Knocko]
HLGwyn Offline

I am not suprised that your insurance company is being stupid and blind. I have a pretty good relationship with my agent ...gasp he is even a Christian, but at least he is not completely idiotic....It pays to talk to, and feel out the agents that handle your affairs.

I feel for your predicament though and wish that it was not so...changing insurance can be a real hassle.

Rest assured though that I continue the fight to protect my dogs, and others that deserve it. Denver has stated in the news today that it will fight the recent law...Let us see how round two fares!

I am ready, I am unblinking, poise and determination (plus some brains) are my weapons...I will succeed again, and again, and again till no one is left before me.

Denver, you bitch whore of a city, you have insulted me once...NOW I am beyond insulted, I am angry.

"Ding, Ding ! Let's get re-e-ady to ru-u-umble!"

#36404 - 04/23/04 05:31 PM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
Good luck to you!
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#36405 - 04/24/04 06:36 AM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Congradulations on getting the bill passed!

I've always loved pit bulls and have never had an actual encounter with one that was trained to be vicious. Sure, I'll admit that those dogs exist but they're no different than people in that they only behave the way their Leader tells them to.

Satanists, on the other hand, aren't people.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#36406 - 04/26/04 11:42 PM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
That's very good. I also belive that a person should be able to have any kind of dog he/she wants as log as he/she's responsible for the dog's actions.
As for myself, I really love the pittbulls.

#36407 - 05/01/04 10:24 PM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on a well earned, and just victory. A city near me, Elmira, NY, has recently been pushing bans and laws that would basically make it impossible to own a pitbull. They do this under the guise of "aggressive dogs", so while a curious pit bull pup might run up to another dog being walked by its owner is considered aggresive in one part of the city(the poor part, incedentally), the dalmation that actually bites somone in the more affluent side of town goes unnoticed by the authorities. I know of one instance where the city dog catcher showed up on a Sunday morning with no supporting documents to confiscate said pitbull pup. The owners were not aware of their rights, and surrendered the dog.

I plan on researching your bill and if possible, presenting it to some key people in Elmira. Since I no longer live in Elmira, I can do little more than that. As you may have guessed, I'm doing this for a dog, Zoe, a pitbull, and the greatest dog I know.

Thanks for providing inspiration and an impetus to act.

#36408 - 05/01/04 10:28 PM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
It is always nice to see one's efforts make a real, tangible change in the world. Your pride is well-earned. As Dr. LaVey wrote: "Positive thinking and positive action add up to results."
Too bad the California laws regarding ferrets aren't changed so easily...

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#36409 - 05/02/04 12:15 AM Re: VICTORY ! ! ! [Re: HLGwyn]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Congrats! It's really great to hear that. I've always liked pitbulls and Dobermans, (though I currently have only a border collie myself) but I'd be pissed if some law took my sweet little Lady Bubbles away. I'm really happy for you.

In any case, a dog that shows dangerous signs of aggression has more than likely been abused. The laws against animal neglect should cover that bit. Anything can turn out bad, really, if improperly kept--including people, machinery, and even food&water, so it's rediculous to make such laws.

#36410 - 05/02/04 10:05 PM Update. [Re: HLGwyn]
HLGwyn Offline

This past Saturday the people that made the most effort towards passing this Bill, came together for a carnivore Bar-B-Que and intoxicating celebration. The Colorado House Representative, Debbie Stafford, who in large part pushed for us and took our words to the ears and minds that matter, attended and was gracious. She is a remarkable Lady, and I very much respect her for going so hard for our cause, and actually taking us to heart. She has the aspect of a very sweet and caring person, and common sense means the most to her. She is solid, and not prone to plain stupidity.

As it is, I hear that the fight continues for some of you out there upon this mess of a world, (hell I know it is not 100% over for our area yet , but what the hell, I need something to do....)

Tips to help your fight....this requires effort.

Go to the American Canine Foundation website for ways to involve yourself, or meet those that could use your help:
http://acf2004.tripod.com

to view the bill that we passed and download it/ print it to use as a leverage tool in your area go to:
www.leg.state.co.us
then tab on Bills Under House.
select Bill range 1251-1300
the bill is hb04-1279, click on it and open in PDF format to download and print.

All animals can bite and be dangerous. People can be insanely stupid and help themselves to the attack of an animal. Children should always be supervised around any animal, and all domestic animals should be under the control of responsible people.

One card that I played in my statements, and speaches is the racial card. I simply stated that we do not say that minorities of color are dangerous because according to statistics they occupy more prison space than any other ethnic group. I said this as I looked fully in the eyes of the people of color at The House of representatives..
(oddly enough that spread like wildfire around the floor....hmmmm.) Secondly I focused hard on the owner responsibility side of the Bill. When asked what I thought of BSL (Breed Specific Legislation), I stated that I found it odd that we want to hold people responsible for the actions of their charges, but we wanted to ban/slaughter certain types of pets and take the privilages away from those we want to grant it to. I said loudly that it sounded rather double sided and predjudiced. One right, one privilage, zero adjustments due to racial profiles and physical characteristics, attention should be on people living up to what they have the right to do. When people mess up and let something stupid happen....be it a Pit Bull or a Dalmation that does it...then the people are held liable from the beginning, no "ifs" "ands" or "buts", no worries about breed or intent....just plain jane RESPONSIBILITY.

It does not matter what the fight or goal is. Any one who desires change needs to take the means to see it happen.
Greater magic only goes so far....sometimes what is required is for the "devil" to move through a crowd singing his songs of change, and having a real effect upon the minds of real people. No mumbo-jumbo, no hocum-pokum, just real influence from someone with a desire.

Good luck, and thanks for the "right-on's"...making the world a vision of some order does go easier with some show of support.

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements