Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#36493 - 05/06/04 07:31 AM Re: Pubilc/Televised Executions
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
The executions are violence against a person who cannot escape. I really do not like the violence from the society on a disarmed person.
I admire the courage and in an execution there are only violence and cruelty. This does not exalt me in any way.

The punishment, in my opinion should be immediate. For example: the killing of a thief during a fire conflict with the police. The killing of a person by the collectivity to me is too near the vile behavior to appreciate it, I support more the individual than the society which often takes great pleasure in being cruel with a single individual. Perhaps the reason is that they are unable to react proudly.

Apart the theoretical considerations, the most important thing is that an execution does not give me any emotional gratification. So I would not see the show.

Xerx

#36494 - 05/06/04 11:27 AM Re: Bring back gladiator matches! [Re: Josephine007]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
I merely saved space & time by referring to the majority of cases, which usually involve some DNA evidence...they aren't all forensic experts! In the absence of DNA, we're left to jury trials with whatever evidence is available. If a murderer is guilty, he'll still prefer the chance to live over certain death in a lot of cases!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#36495 - 05/06/04 06:46 PM Childhood Violence and Causality... [Re: Josephine007]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
I will add my two cents here as I do not think video games in and of themselves are 'to blame' but unmonitored use and certain environments can combine with them to create some problems.

While I do agree that there are enviromental factors to be considered, I believe that violent forms of entertainment are a symptom of of societal violence rather than a cause.

Violence is a natural part of human nature which we have carried with us throughout the course of our evolution. The only way that it will ever be eradicated is through manipulation of our genetic structure (and I shudder to think that the day might not be that far off).

One thing that I have noticed is that two things have coincided with the increase in youth violence- attempts to "socialize" violence out of children and the willingness of parents to allow their children to be "socialized" by government institutions.

While others may point a finger at entertainment or society at large, I point mine squarely at B.F. Skinner.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#36496 - 05/07/04 06:35 AM Re: Bring back gladiator matches! [Re: Mike_Hargis]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
I merely saved space & time by referring to the majority of cases, which usually involve some DNA evidence......

I was not aware of this statistic. Where did you get it?

#36497 - 05/08/04 10:29 AM A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: Xerx]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You mention that it's simply cruelty towards an unarmed person. Well what if that is the same person who raped a 7 year old girl and then tortured her until she died, only to have her parents doing everything they can to get back their daughter and they don't even find the corpse until several months later. We are supposed to feel that our killing him is cruel and cowardly because he cannot fight back? In the vast majority if not all capital crimes that recieve the death penalty I would believe that they victim had no way of sufficently defending themselves from their attackers.

These people for the most part, yes I know some of them are probably nice people and they have families and all of that jazz, but they are the accumulative scum of this country slowly gathering together inside of our prison systems draining our hard earned tax dollars. In the Satanic goal of the Satanic master race composed of individuals who are gentically predisposed towards ideas such as our own should we take out this garbage in the process of weeding out those who cannot be productive in society. The Alien Elite is a title often self-appointed by Satanists, to have the elite you have to have the bottom correct? Let water find it's own level then, in the meanwhile the rapists, child molesters, serial killers and the like will be seeing what level the water reaches in their case, at the room they are in is flooded with their feet attatched to the floor.

Time we quit asking why crime is so horrific in this country and it's time we started to rid ourselves of the filth that every day clogs up the machine that is America, and prohibits us, those who pay their taxes, and are good lawful citizens from enjoying life as much as we deserve to.

DatheR

I'd just like to be able to, when I'm ready, bring children into this world to raise to love life, knowing that they won't be bothered for the beliefs I will instill in them nor will they have to worry about getting molested or killed in a drive-by. I know it won't happen in my lifetime but I'll do whatever I can to start the changes needed for the generation of our children to prosper.

DatheR

#36498 - 05/08/04 10:57 AM That goes against the entire point I wanted to present. [Re: Mike_Hargis]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The idea that I was pondering because of this is would making the realities of the death sentance something that becomes a constant reminder of consequences for our and other's actions. Too often today kids aren't punished for their behavior and these little smart assed kids then just get put into the "automatic child raiser" otherwise known as public schools, so that the parents out there who can properly raise a child who has values such as pride and integrity, have to deal with the fact that their child's education is being impeded as he has to wait around for the others to catch up in between dozes of ritalin. Society is falling apart due to the fact that it's being allowed to do so. I am curious to know, if we send a clear message to all those out there who will in the future break any major laws, there will be strict punishments immediately after the verdict is read at the trial.

A testament to why I feel this way would be war over the last century. During The Great War and World War II shortly after people wouldn't hear about casualties until their paper a day or two after it happened. The came Korea: The Forgotten War, and for this testament we'll forget about it. In Vietnam for the first time in history the actions of that day would reach the eyes and ears of those back in the states. For the first time every families would sit down to supper and the nightly news would announce the casualties of that day. This greatly disturbed a vast many people. Years later with the Gulf War we would get updates several times a day hearing about how many soldiers were killed in friendly fire that day. And now with the currently conflict every time a solider dies is it just me or are ten news crews at the residence ready to catch the tears as they re-itterate their emotions only 3 minutes before the house was invaded and they learned the news about their whoever he/she was. As technology increases the war thousands of miles away became gradually became more and more real and the effects of the war on individual lives eminates crystal clear across the land of endlessly spanning hi-def television sets all eagerly awaiting the arrival of some more gore to bring into our lives. But what about punishments for crimes committed by our people, to our people, on our land? As time has passed it's taken it's toll and things have gone in the opposite direction. Now instead of someone being shackled in the towne square as punishment for their crimes, we get them in and out of the system as fast as possible and once they are out we don't want them around because no one wants to have to live near a criminal. If it didn't concern people we wouldn't have policies such as "Megan's Law" to protect those unfortunate nieghbors and their children.

The Catholic Church is a mastermind at taking it's horriffic behavior in the past two millenia by putting it where people won't look for it. A priest gets caught molesting a boy, he is transfered. If they had the political strength that the papacy has I wouldn't want to imagine what the Church of Satan would do to a priest in the same possition. We can't keep just taking things that we don't enjoy and pretending they don't exist, if we make people confront the results of their choices then I have a feeling people would think before they act. And forcing civilians to confront the possible results of their choices couldn't be more powerfully done than execution on a public stage, aka television. If they want to put gore on there so much then talk about people being killed who deserve it, and leave the families of those who die for the soil we stand upon to grieve. I think I'm going to go shoot my television...

DatheR

#36499 - 05/09/04 12:36 PM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy?
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
I have always favored the idea that the family, friends, acquaintances, etc., of the victim should have the right to dispose of the killer of their beloved. This was a practice among the Franks, I believe, but in a different way. I think that the ones who loved the murdered person, should be able to avenge their beloved one, and have an all out party, so to speak, in destroying the murderer...this would also free their anger and frustration and give them some closure and justice inside...instead of the torture of having to wait decades for some judge and jury, who have not even the slightest idea of what they felt, or lost, to finally execute the murderer. I think this is much healthier, and more balanced for everyone.

Glory

#36500 - 05/10/04 05:54 PM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: GloryS9]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
I have always favored the idea that the family, friends, acquaintances, etc., of the victim should have the right to dispose of the killer of their beloved

I just recently read something simular to this practice in Saudi Arabia, where the victim's family has a say in how the execution is carried out. If the victim was run over by a car, the murderer can be ordered to suffer the same fate, etc...

Of course, the flip side being that the victim's family also has the option of accepting "blood money" in exchange for waiving an execution. That kind of had me thinking about how many people here in the West would accept a substantial amount of money to compensate for the loss of a loved one and allow a killer to go free for it.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#36501 - 05/10/04 06:09 PM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: Shiva]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Many ancient cultures actually practiced the giving of were-gild for the life of a loved one.They also practiced the family having the right to execute the perp.
The Jews actually practiced these things.This is rather interesting to me with all thier preaching of love and such.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#36502 - 05/10/04 11:59 PM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: GloryS9]
Chef_E_Val Offline

Loc: classified
Hail Satan to that! I've always said, 25 cents or less to make a 9mm bullet, yet we tax payers have to dish $86.08 to execute one person(not to mention Dr. overtime etc. that's what sky rockets the shit.) by lethal injection because this is the "humane' thing to do... I would not; by any means think justice to be "humane" if an inhumane thing was done to a future or present family member. There is nothing humane about justice. I have seen too much food bastardized in the name of what someone else thinks is right for something they know nothing about. Pain is something felt uniquely and I feel it is only up to living victims to seek, reach, grab and take.

http://www.fcc.state.fl.us/fcc/reports/methods/emleg.html
The Department of Corrections reported a negligible fiscal impact associated with the switch in execution method. The department would have to either build or purchase the associated equipment. The department also reported the cost of one execution by electrocution as follows: executioner's fee $150.00; Last Meal $20.00; Suit and Shirt $150.00; Funeral Home $525.00; and security overtime $1,380.00; for a total cost of $2,225.00.
http://www.patriot-paradox.com/archives/000130.html

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/drowfacts.htm
There are five methods of execution in the United States: lethal injection, electrocution, lethal gas, hanging, and firing squad.
Firing squad should consist of the victim's families.

#36503 - 05/11/04 08:26 AM My opinion not religion
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
I am a Satanist but not everything is an over structure of the religion. So I can have many opinions.

The involvement of the families in the executions to me is a wrong thing.
Also the guilty has parents and relatives, so these are spurred to take vengeance on the relatives who executed their beloved.
If you extrapolate this you can see where would we go with such kind of punishments.

Xerx

#36504 - 05/11/04 08:38 AM Re: Bring back gladiator matches! [Re: Josephine007]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
CSI: Miami.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#36505 - 05/11/04 10:00 AM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

The Jews actually practiced these things.This is rather interesting to me with all thier preaching of love and such.

Where do you think Lex Talionis comes from?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#36506 - 05/12/04 03:56 AM Re: Bring back gladiator matches! [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
I figured.

#36507 - 05/13/04 01:06 AM The American Civilian Beheading
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that this thread, obviously started without any idea of this future event, is even more important after last night. I agree that what happened to that man was horrible and wrong, but with that said he did know what he was risking when he offered to go over to a country in the middle of a war. Why is it that this execution, which starred in it someone who didn't do anything horrible to deserve it to my knowledge, and which accomplished nothing productive in being seen by American audiences other than showing us exactly what has transpired recently? Why are they more than willing to show this to us, yet someone who harms someone in cold blood and is punished in our justice system after a fair trial is not to be shown even though it could aid society? This did nothing other than de-moralize our troops and anger those still at home who are against this war. I am just too angry about this situation to accurately put all of this onto the board and I appologize. But I just don't see why this would be shown on a regualr television broadcast, yet when the entire society calls for someone to be punished we have it done within a safe distance so that the punishment doesn't have to be too real for those who can't deal with it. I understand why it needs to be availible to those who wish to watch it, as I myself have, but why was it considered acceptable for the mainstream? Why aren't executions of actual death-worthy criminals availible to those of us who wish to view them? I see a double standard that would make the Catholic church envious.

DatheR

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12217 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements