Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#36508 - 05/13/04 01:44 AM The Third Side.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Dr. LaVey wrote in detail about what he called "The Third Side". He suggested that in any dualistic presentation, the authentic issues were found from a third perspective, apart from the obvious two.

In the members-only Political Forum we dissect these issues to determine why such news events make you angry and, more importantly, why this reaction might be sought.

I encourage those seriously interested in going beyond the obvious dualistic side show to enter the main tent and join us.

Membership has its privileges.

#36509 - 05/13/04 03:17 AM Re: The Third Side. [Re: Nemo]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I might be over-stepping my bounds Magister Nermo, and if so please advise me of it so I know for the future. But The Third Side is something that only truely relates to Satanists doesn't it? My books are all being borrowed at the monent so I can't read up on this to make sure what I remember is correct, nor is there anything on the CoS website. But just as Satanic Sins are only applicable to other Satanists, isn't the idea of a Third Side to any conventional issue something that few people would see to be there at all? Just as Satanists are born not made, certain people would be more ready to look in shades of grey while others choose either black or white. Nietzsche talked about only fools seeing either good or evil in any action, in the properly titled "Beyond Good and Evil."
But any issue that requires the majority of people to agree upon must remember that these individuals are very much in the minority. It would be one thing to ask any group to agree, but in this case it's the entire country. This is a country that is divided by two political parties, and the most common reaction to not being part of one of these two sides is "go ahead and throw away your vote."
I started this thread because I was suprised by what I had found the American people had actually agreed to. I have just asked for other's opinions, and in some cases people seem really childish, while other's have made me think about the issue at more length. While people on these boards should be more prone to see the Third Side of the issue, the majority of Americans is not. So when discussing the actions or reactions of America, shouldn't The Third Side be left to the reactions only of the Satanic population of this larger demographic? I just see most of the people who would get to vote for executions to be televised henceforth as people who would either be for or against it, meanwhile those who took the time to say how they felt frequently said something to inspire other's to think. A trait that's rare today in America when it comes to any sort of opinions.
If I am just not understanding why The Third Side needs to be taken into account please enlighten me. And I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to add to this thread.

DatheR

#36510 - 05/13/04 03:37 AM Re: The Third Side.
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>If I am just not understanding why The Third Side needs to be taken into account please enlighten me.<<

Because you are claiming to be a Satanist.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#36511 - 05/13/04 03:56 AM Re: The American Civilian Beheading
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
Why aren't executions of actual death-worthy criminals availible to those of us who wish to view them?

I am getting the distinct impression that this is more about your desire to view such material then anything else.

Please do let us know if you also like to set things on fire, torture small animals and/or still wet the bed.

#36512 - 05/13/04 04:00 AM Re: The Third Side. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I may be, but I'm talking about the idea of a massive group of people who aren't and if they would be willing to forward an idea.
My personal opinion, which I believe would fall onto the Third Side. I feel that the punishment needs to fit the crime and death sentances should be carried out in a manner which is both mentally and physically unpleasant. When it is carried out since the initial action harmed the community, then the community has the right to view it. I was not effected by any current death row inmates and so I see none which I have a right to see die. I feel we should put more money into providing a proper trial, and alot less once a verdict is reached. Once a jury is without any doubt and both sides have done all they can to prove their case then I don't see any reason why this person who is already dead in my eyes needs to continue to feed off of my taxes. Executions should be carried out within 90 days of the sentancing. I believe some people will do something no matter what the punishment is, and in that case nothing will stop them. But to the others who behave in part to fear of punishment, they will be affected by making punishments not only harsher, but in a setting that makes the consequences of their actions all the more evident. There are very few times when breaking current laws is truely justified, so therefore why should people who act without reason not be treated with contempt?
Do I care if anyone agrees with my beliefs? Not at all. Do I want to know how others feel? Yes, that's why this thread is here. Do I feel that sometimes it's best to only consider what those other than yourself would do? Yes, sometimes knowing others is as important as knowing yourself.

So then, thinking only from the point of view of a Satanist, what do you think on this issue?

DatheR

#36513 - 05/13/04 04:08 AM Re: The American Civilian Beheading [Re: Josephine007]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can understand your getting that impression from that statement, but it does seem a bit out of context. As a well adjusted adult with no emotional issues or sadistic habits I do feel that most often those who get the death sentance did something which didn't just effect the victim, but an entire community. The community has every right to see that justice is done. Would I watch them if every time someone is put to death it's availible to me via the internet? No, but I would take the time if I personally would gain peace of mind which the incident had in some way deprived me of. If all I wanted to do was see people die then I'd buy Faces of Death. Or I'd be one of the many fools I witnessed sign up for the armed services simply due to a desire to kill someone and be rewarded for it. As of this moment I'm simply someone who questions what he feels is an injustice in society, and offers up a question which opinions are often given as if walking through mine-fields. This is a forum in which people are not delicate with their ideas, and therefore won't be concerned with how the others react to them.

DatheR

#36514 - 05/13/04 04:37 AM Re: The American Civilian Beheading
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
The community has every right to see that justice is done.

Rights are an illusion. Ask my 13 year old son about Freedom of Speech. He will laugh his ass off at you.

My dad gave me the best piece of advice I have EVER recieved when I was about....gosh, I would have to say 1st or 2nd grade. I still remember sitting vividly on my bed. My walls were painted a cheery sunshine yellow and I recall I was crying SO hard that the face and nose of my stuffed snoopy dog was soaked through from where I had been hugging him. I blubbered out that, "It was NOT fair..." and my dad paused and started laughing.

"Life is not fair."

He told me this all those years ago and he was absolutely 100% right.

Life is not fair. Neither is the court system, the 'justice system', the legal system or whatever you might want to call it. People are not fair, organizations aren't fair, groups aren't fair, religion isn't fair....I could go on and on and on....

I no longer question injustice. I expect it and am not disappointed. That is because it is usually run and decided by humans which are notoriously NOT FAIR.

You have been pointed to the third side a few times. Move beyond the 'duality' of "fair and not fair".

#36515 - 05/13/04 04:47 AM What I think.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
If you want to understand better what is really going on then that is what we dissect and discuss from the perspective of the Third Side down below in the members-only section.

The Third Side is the perspective which avoids the mass hypnosis you are referring to.

The masses traffic in beliefs.

Satanists deal with understanding.

Way under.

#36516 - 05/13/04 05:23 AM Re: The Third Side.
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

If I am just not understanding why The Third Side needs to be taken into account please enlighten me.

Never smarten up a sucker.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#36517 - 05/13/04 09:56 AM Re: The American Civilian Beheading
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
The reason that this was shown and the executions of criminals are not is quite simple. The video of an American civilian being murdered by Iraqis can be used to further demonise the Arabs and possibly gain support for the continued occupation of Iraq even from those who were against the war. This is important, especially after the recent allegations that American and British troops have been abusing their prisoners.
The public showing of the execution of a domestic criminal would not achieve any major political goals whereas this murder might gain more support for the war due to the need to stop acts like this from occuring and bring the "people" responsible to justice.

#36518 - 05/13/04 11:08 AM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: Chef_E_Val]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
Yes, the firing squad idea is a good one. Personally, I would like to see the family do what 'they want' with the guy. Why be so neat about it! Thats just me, though. Vengeance in an animal's instinct will take the guy apart and he will not even be fit for a grave...truly RIP (ripped in pieces). At least he will make good food for the tinier creatures, and those predators who like to eat others' kill. What better way to get justice that is real, and help 'society' to remain more stable.
I can almost hear the rodents, bugs and maggots belching!

Glory

#36519 - 05/13/04 11:15 AM Re: A Satanist hinting at mercy? [Re: Shiva]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
You're probably right, Shiva. I would have come to the same conclusion. Westerners dont seem to know the meaning to true justice and vengeance. And what really astounds me is that they just accept what is thrown at them in that regard...eating whatever is put before them, they learn to like it.
Glory

#36520 - 05/13/04 11:41 AM Re: The American Civilian Beheading [Re: mattevans]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Thats exactly how I see it as well.

The Temple | The Elite

#36521 - 05/13/04 01:24 PM Re: The American Civilian Beheading
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
fools I witnessed sign up for the armed services simply due to a desire to kill someone and be rewarded for it.

Interesting out look on the military. Most don't sign up to kill.

Killing is not easy and fun as you believe.

I guess you're right. I should have been looking at it from the idiotic perspective. All serving men are homicidal.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#36522 - 05/13/04 02:35 PM Re: The American Civilian Beheading [Re: Discipline]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not saying that everyone who signed up did it for that reason. But I do remember quite a number of people I went to school with who signed up for only that reason.

DatheR

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404442 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements