Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#365110 - 12/12/08 09:39 AM LttD changes this weekend
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
This is an announcement to let all CoS Members know that I am planning to make some extreme modifications to the message board this weekend. This will be the first round in a series of changes I have planned.

My primary focus over the last two weeks was to get the Undercroft up to a stable and functional level. This has now been accomplished. The Undercroft now has all (and more) of the features I had envisioned for its opening. Now that it is stable I will leave it to sit and mature, now focusing my attentions on LttD.

The first series of changes to LttD will be the addition of the Games section again. I am also planning on modifying all of the new permissions on the forums based on Free and VIP Membership levels. After that is complete I will start adding the new forums I have planned for both the VIP and the CoS Member sections.

There is going to be one complication to this new system. Since everything is going to be designed around permission levels, there is a complicated problem with the CoS Members section and non-VIP Subscription members who are CoS Members. The problem is very similar to why I can only display CoS Member badges on VIP Members profiles on the Undercroft. With the complexity of the permission system I am not going to be able to allow non-VIP CoS Members to view the CoS Members section. You will basically be dropped down to the non-VIP status "but" you will still retain your CoS Member Title and Color as these are not affected by permissions (they are actually a manual change we have to make on each member). I am trying to do a work around on these permission issues but it is not going to be easy. So since I need to get the permission system stable and the forums up to the point they need to be at, it may be a week or three (or more) before I can focus on this issue.

So if you do not want to loose access to the CoS Members section I would suggest that you upgrade your accounts to the VIP Subscription level. By doing this you will retain all the necessary permissions to access all areas of LttD and the Undercroft.

With VIP Access on LttD you will be able to see all the VIP Member and CoS Member forums, continue to use the Private Message system, have access to the Arcade, and any new features I add in the coming weeks. I realize this is going to be a bit of a shock to some users but you need to understand that I have been running this board longer than 99% of the internet has been alive, I have poured my blood, sweat, and tears into this system all in order to provide CoS Members and Satanists alike with an easy to use communications system that enhances our abilities to talk, discuss, plan, and meet. My projects have been invaluable to myself and from what I have heard, a lot of other people. Projects have been planned here that would have never been started otherwise, friendships have been made that would have never been made, Members have met their "wives", "companions", "soul mates" here, and so much more over the last decade. If you were like me, waiting to find others who were like you, to know you were not alone in this "christian" run world ... LttD was the place! It was the whole reason I created this site, to make it a lot easier to find and talk with those who thought like I did! Social Satanism!

If you choose to also create an Undercroft account you will also have VIP access to create a profile, have the CoS Members badge on your profile, Access to the Classifieds, Access to Events, Access to create ADs for advertising your projects, Upload and view user videos, Earn and Spend Points on various things, Access to create and view user polls, Access to the private chatroom, Access to create and join user groups, Write blogs, Upload Music to your profile, Create Albums and upload tons of photos, Added security and customization, Ability to create sub-profiles for your Satanic Familiars and share them, Complete Social Interaction with other CoS Members, and a lot more coming soon once I start the Undercroft Phase 2 feature set!

I just wanted to give everyone fair warning on the changes that will occur between tonight and Sunday. With the amount of VIP CoS Members currently, lets just say they are going to have a LOT of room to stretch out in. With the literally "hundreds" of CoS Members on this forum, only a few dozen will be left standing in the CoS Members area. If you have any problems you can email me or post a message on the LttD Support forum.

Thank you!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#365195 - 12/12/08 07:04 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
HAIL VENTRUE!
I wish I knew but 10% of what you know about computers, etc.
I feel that most will understand any bugs in the system that may (inevitibly, will) get in there. And will have a the patience to wait for you to exterminate the little buggers.

again: HAIL VENTRUE!

#365235 - 12/13/08 01:54 AM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I would suggest that you upgrade your accounts to the VIP Subscription level. <<

So how do I upgrade for LttD, please? blush

#365252 - 12/13/08 07:29 AM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
I'm guessing it is this page ?

#365254 - 12/13/08 07:34 AM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Yup. In a previous post Magister Ventrue wrote:

"Just to re-state ... The Ability to subscribe as discussed in the other thread is now active, you can subscribe either on LttD by going to "My Stuff" and then to "Subscriptions", follow the instructions from there. Once you subscribe on LttD (if you have an account), please message me with your username there so I can upgrade your account.

On the Undercroft you first need to create an account and then click upgrade and follow the instructions. Once you subscribe on the Undercroft you need to send me a message with your LttD Username."

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#365443 - 12/14/08 08:39 PM How to Subscribe... [Re: Magister Frost]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Links to the Subscriptions Sections.

Again, if you subscribe you get full access to both LttD and the Undercroft ... so you only need to sign up on one or the other NOT both!!!

Subscription Link on LttD - http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=subscriptions

Subscription Link on the Undercroft - http://www.satannet.com/content.php?page=upgrade

Thank you!

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (12/14/08 08:40 PM)

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#365545 - 12/16/08 08:03 AM Re: How to Subscribe... [Re: Magister Frost]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
I subscribed on both.. eek

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#365549 - 12/16/08 08:50 AM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
Haman Caiaphas Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Spain
Thanks for the explanations, Magister.

In any case, this is your dominion, therefore your will is the law. You “owe” nothing to nobody because we are all here by your courtesy.

Furthermore we all understand that any changes you make to this network are for the sake of improvement.

#371934 - 02/16/09 04:39 AM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
My gratitude to you, Magister for your work and efforts. I have subscribed right now annually, even if in general I hate very much automatic renewal. Perhaps an automatic email warning of renewal would be better for those like me.
I understand that everything has a cost, so the fees are reasonable but they are not cheap, with the exception of lifetime subscription. So perhaps there will be little contractions of our Members active an internet. Trying to avoid this I propose to introduce in the public section this closed new forum:

“The Church of Satan in the world”

Italia
http: // for Milano
http:// for Roma
http:// for Torino …

Greece
http:// for Athens

France

In which the Members who want to run a group in a particular city of the world could apply to be included.
I wrote this because I have the sensation that you in Usa and especially in New York do not feel the problem of meeting other Satanists so urgently like people in other countries, just because you already meet your fellows.

Xerx

#383001 - 05/29/09 01:00 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
Faronakume Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Newbie here. Art & Artists Forum returns access denied for me. Shall the same require paid upgrade to view? Is any Lestat Ventrue art available in such forum? (viewed some art on internet by a Lestat Ventrue some years ago, incredible art...)

#383160 - 05/31/09 05:01 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
Thank you Administrator Ventrue for all the tireless efforts you have given us over the years! I've been on board for awhile now and will keep on!

#405636 - 12/13/09 06:07 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
Übermensch Offline

Loc: New York
Thanks. I am not a CoS member, but I value this site, and the people here, who stand for sanity, reason, and excellence. I have a lot to learn here. I think the people here are extraordinarily intelligent, and I feel that I can learn a great deal from them. I also feel I have something to contribute. Thanks for letting me hang out here. I really appreciate it and value it. Thanks for all your hard work, Ventrue.

Hail Satan, the ineffable King of Hell! May hell on earth reign supreme!

http://www.satannet.com/ubermensch/

#405749 - 12/14/09 07:18 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Magister Frost]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
Thanks Magister_Ventrue,

I'm currently waiting for my LttD account to be updated to show I'm CoS (have sent in the requested information). Does it make sense for me to wait until this change takes place and then add an Undercroft VIP account? Seems as if this would be easier for you with the permission levels and all.

Thanks again.

#406701 - 12/24/09 09:02 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: Übermensch]
precision Offline

Thanks for the update. Have you talked to the original developers of UBB? With the donations/subscription fees you've accrued since August of '96 - I'm sure you could pay one or two of them to add some extra roles to your UBB system.

#406942 - 12/28/09 05:51 PM Re: LttD changes this weekend [Re: precision]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

The subscription system went into effect December of 2008 not 1996 ... and you would be surprised at how much they charge for code modifications ... if I was collecting "donations" since 1996 ... that "might" be enough ... but more than likely not.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements