Topic Options
#365228 - 12/13/08 01:09 AM Subscriptions? Is this something new?
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
I've been getting this message every time I try to go into the "humor" forum. Is this something new?

"Access Denied. You need to be a VIP Member to access this group. Please view our Subscriptions Page for more information."

#365247 - 12/13/08 06:30 AM Re: Subscriptions? Is this something new? [Re: Dark_Adept]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Magister Ventrue announced this was going to happen in numerous threads over the past three weeks or so.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#365436 - 12/14/08 07:08 PM Re: Subscriptions? Is this something new? [Re: LKRice]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
Is it safe to assume that it was under this forum?

#365493 - 12/15/08 04:14 PM Re: Subscriptions? Is this something new? [Re: Dark_Adept]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please look here, here, here, here, or give the Search function a try.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#365495 - 12/15/08 04:20 PM Re: Subscriptions? Is this something new? [Re: LKRice]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Or perhaps the "CoS Members Please Read This!" link at the top of every single page on the site?

wink

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#365670 - 12/17/08 02:50 PM Re: Subscriptions? Is this something new? [Re: Quaark]
Furrtiv Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Ah, I havwe just posted a topic on this in the queries sectrion, before seeing this. My bad. However, as I'm not an official CoS member, I didn't read the links. Again, nmy bad. I shall correct this by reading them now.

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404214 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements