Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#366011 - 12/21/08 04:34 PM Will Manifested Without Ritual?
Memento Offline

CoS Member

Loc: United Kingdom
I have tried to keep my story brief, though some background knowledge is needed to fully understand the situation I find myself in now.

I have preformed rituals several times in the past, but only when I was truly overcome with emotions, as I knew a ritual would be the proper outlet for them. I have had varying degrees of success (though I acknowledge the main point of a ritual is to rid you of hindering emotional feelings) but usually it takes a few days, weeks or even months before I can see some signs of a fully successful ritual on a magical level. Last night however, something happened which I have been trying to rationalize for the past 24 hours.

I had decided to go for a night into town with some close friends, and as it turned out we ran into many more people who we knew, some great friends and some not so fantastic. For the sake of anonymity I will refer to this vexatious and irritating individual whom we encountered as James. I've known James for two years and I loath him and his presence, attempting to avoid him when I can. Mix this personality with a few too many drinks and his presence becomes unbearable. Whenever he said something stupid (about ever 10 minutes) I told my friend "I wish someone would just punch him in the face to shut him up". My night with friends was being disrupted by this person, and I had a lot of anger burning inside.

It was when a few of my friends left the club and noticed the ambulance a few feet away that our curiosity was sparked. We went over and saw James collapsed on the ground with a few of our friends around him, along with police and emergency response workers. James was bleeding all over and could not stand up. According to someone who saw what happened, James had walked out of the club by himself down the street (which he has never done before, some of his close friends were commenting on how odd that behavior was for him even when he's drunk) and someone came up and punched him in the face and ran off. James hadn't said anything to him, or even looked in his direction. For once, James couldn't talk.

James lost his two front teeth and has had his lip stitched.
The police never found the individual who punched him.

From my bias perspective, I consider there to be too many coincidental events which led to James' bloody face. I would appreciate other opinions on the question of if you think this the result of random chance, an act of magic, or anything else you might consider. Many thanks and have a happy solstice this evening!

Lex Talionis.

Edited by Galen (12/21/08 04:37 PM)

#366012 - 12/21/08 04:49 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

I have had similar experiences.

In this case, however, it is also possible that this guy, 'James', is simply an insufferable jerk and he perhaps uspset his attacker at some point during the evening.

What really matters here is that 'James' did get his lights punched out; not necessarily why he got his lights punched out.

In your position, I would be feeling like it was just another 'happy coincidence'.

#366018 - 12/21/08 05:14 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington
I would chalk this up as more than just coincidence, especially since it sounds like you've loathed this fellow for quite some time.

Your will was done- and it doesn't matter how or who did it. That is magic! Whilst ritual can serve to alleviate the magician of hindering emotions, the greater purpose of magic is to affect change according to your will, out there in the real world. And a formalized ritual isn't always necessary for magic to work.

If this person has been a constant annoyance to you, then I would say that justice was served. Revel in the fool's demise! wink

#366039 - 12/21/08 10:31 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Fenriz]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I must agree.

The purpose of ritual is simply to create an environment in which you can focus your will to achieve whatever goals you have in mind. As many have said, the best chamber exists in your mind, and if you are able to explore the possibilities of Greater Magic without actually standing in front of an altar, then more power to you.

I would equate it similarly to meditating. When you meditate for the first while, it is best to set up an appropriate environment to do so; in the dark, with some candles, perhaps some lit incense. As your concentration gets stronger, you might be able to meditate on a busy train, or waiting for a bus. As long as the end result is the same, it doesn't matter how you get there, but I think MOST people benefit greatly from having a specific area of their home reserved for the purpose of Greater Magic. It helps to transport you from the world of reality into the world of psychodrama.

#366041 - 12/21/08 11:21 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
SinisterSLA6669 Offline

Loc: Bay Area, California
if one can pull aside the curtain of fear and enter the Kingdom of Shadows, the eyes will soon become accustomed and many strange and wonderful TRUTHS will be seen.

If one is truely good inside he can call the names of the Gods of the Abyss with freedom from guilt and immunity from harm. The resultant feeling will be most gratifying. BUT THERE IS NO TURNING BACK.

ASL
TSR
pg14(P)2&3

ASLV
TSR
pg14(P)2&3

#366051 - 12/22/08 04:23 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Galen
Last night however, something happened which I have been trying to rationalize for the past 24 hours. [...] I consider there to be too many coincidental events which led to James' bloody face. I would appreciate other opinions on the question of if you think this the result of random chance, an act of magic, or anything else you might consider.

Personally, I think that to try and rationalize the effects of magic is to miss the point. Logic and rationality are certainly indespensible tools in the real world, but the human need for fantasy and ritualized expression are always going to be there too. There's a time and a place for each one, and likewise either can be self-defeating in certain contexts. Just rejoice in the fact that justice was served against this scumbag, whatever the means!

I'd recommend reading "The Combination Lock Principle" and "Ravings from Tartarus" from The Devil's Notebook. A particular key quote from the first essay to think about is "Greater (ceremonial) magic is simply a means of formalizing acts which in and of themselves would elicit no attention were they to be carried out without ritualistic trappings.".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#366062 - 12/22/08 07:05 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Bill_M]
Memento Offline

CoS Member

Loc: United Kingdom
Thank you all for your opinions, very enlightening.

I have just purchased The Devil's Notebook and will read those essays in particular Bill_M. I appreciate the idea that attempting to rationalize magical results misses the point, though the allure of doing so is hard to not submit to! That aside, I also agree with the fact that the situation was perfect for a successful working, though the concept of 'karma' is one I would approach with caution.

Many thanks! Now I really need to keep working on my active membership application! smile

Lex Talionis!

#366090 - 12/22/08 11:06 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Can one manifest one's will without ritual? Certainly, I think so! One can visualize images and events, make plans, communicate and carry out intentions (both consciously and subconsciously), project emotions, and prime oneself to see positive changes and coincidences in the world, without ever ringing a gong or lighting a candle.

In any case, regardless of why or how it truly happened, it's clear James has been cruising for a bruising for quite some time now, and that he finally got what he deserved, and that's what matters. So, enjoy!

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#366148 - 12/22/08 08:54 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

I am in total agreement with what all the CoS Clergy have to say to you in response to your inquiry.

Might I add something to add to your equation...
When did you first have feelings of hatred/disdain for this individual?
And
How many times did you project these emotions before you gave the command as to what you wanted to happen?

Remember, your whole life is one big ritual!

Sinisterly,
Dark River

#366165 - 12/23/08 02:20 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

What you've said about meditating reminded of something Dr. LaVey said in The Church of Satan by Magistra Barton:

LaVey isn't very encouraging to those who want complicated instructions for spells and charms. "I'm not going to tell you that you must pick Queen Anne's Lace at 3 a.m. during the dark of the Moon, boil it with a lock of your would-be lover's hair snipped from his head while reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards. My techniques are much more sensible. Start small. Cut off the noise. Turn off the television; turn off the radio. Sit in a silent, dark room all alone for awhile. Stare into a single black candle and listen to your own breathing. Sensitize yourself. That's magical rule number one in a world that is working to desensitize everyone..." ---Pg. 109-110, The Church of Satan

There's far more to what Dr. LaVey says but this bit here applies directly to what you're saying.

And I do meditate, hence the reason your post perked my interest.

#366166 - 12/23/08 02:30 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Rev. Bill M. beat me to it, as far as recommendations go. But if I might add something that Dr. LaVey said from The Church of Satan by Magistra Barton, on Pg. 110, at the end of the first paragraph, that relates to both of the essays suggested by Rev. Bill M.:

"Keep yourself constantly aware of instructional coincidences, open to the demons who will whisper in your ear. An old meaning of demon used to be closer to 'muse'-- a guiding inspirational spirit. You will get guiding signs if you only make yourself sensitive to them."

I also agree with Rev. Bill M. that trying to rationalize your magical results misses the point.

#366197 - 12/23/08 08:11 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Fenriz]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Warlock Fenriz and Phosis,
Have either of you tried any form of moving meditation such as Tai Chi?
I have found it to be a great tool for training and calming the mind and would recommend it to any one who has the ability to weed out the spiritual / metaphysical nonsense .

#366200 - 12/23/08 08:17 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Ice Claw]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

I used to do Tai Chi. It took about a year for it to be effective at all as a form of meditation, because I was so busy trying not to mess up the patterns.

"Fuck...dammit...shit...hurry, I can't hold my leg up for that long!!"

It is distracting in a classroom environment as well. I think if one were to progress enough at it, and be able to do it in their home, that it would indeed be quite soothing.

#366203 - 12/23/08 08:24 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Fenriz]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Well, when they re-release that book, I'll definitely have to get my hands on it.

Greater Magic, I think confuses a lot of people because of it's simplicity. Wiccan magic has more appeal for the general masses because it seems more vague, and mysterious, like fortune telling, and the Ouija board; there is absolutely no way to determine if it is working or not, but a lot of crap in there to convince you why it MUST. This is why I have always had scorn for new age crap as much as I have for Christianity. The first time the concept of Magic was appealing at all was after I read The Satanic Bible, and that was because of it's practicality.

But that is what makes Satanism so appealing in the first place; it works within the basis of reality, and it never tries to spoon feed you any bullshit.

#366206 - 12/23/08 08:52 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Phosis

"Fuck...dammit...shit...hurry, I can't hold my leg up for that long!!"

For a second there, I thought I was in the bedroom.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#366207 - 12/23/08 08:54 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

"Fuck...shit...damn it...Hurry, I can't hold my leg up for that long!!"

I know what you are saying Phosis, oh those aching legs!!!

Chess once said something to me in my first post in the essay section, and I paraphrase:
"forget about all those damn formats , just go with the flow."

I think as long as you are moving slowly with extreme awareness that the goal is being accomplished. Maybe we could form a SIG and have a Satanic version with such poses as "The Hyena Farts" and "The Great Pissing Dragon"!!!

#366209 - 12/23/08 08:55 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Memento]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
You must have performed the "Other Elephant" ritual.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#366300 - 12/24/08 01:52 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Ice Claw]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Dark River,

No, I haven't tried any form of moving meditation, such as Tai Chi. However, I did learn to meditate through martial arts training- Ninjitsu (Genbukan) and kung-fu (various styles from my friend).

I did incorporate the building up of energy through trainging, which I guess would be similar to Tai Chi, as far as slow-moving training is concerned. I'd practice the forms slowly and meditate while doing so. I found it to be very effective.

Incidentally, the way my friend taught me in regards to kung-fu was not only to learn the forms but also the building up and release of energy, thusly making your hits more powerful.

Edited by Fenriz (12/24/08 02:15 PM)

#366311 - 12/24/08 05:37 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Fenriz]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Thank you for your reply Warlock.

I have not had training in martial arts, what form(s) of Kung-fu would you recommend for a beginner?

#366347 - 12/25/08 12:39 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Ice Claw]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
On the topic of marial arts, did anyone else see the samurai knocking people down with kinetic energy on "time warp"?

It was a good segment.

#366356 - 12/25/08 08:50 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: ArtAche86]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

I missed that one... then again I miss all of them because I have not owned a TV for over 10 years now cool

#366363 - 12/25/08 11:46 AM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: Ice Claw]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Hey at least you don't have to worry about the dtv switch over right?! Happy Holidays!!!

#366404 - 12/25/08 09:28 PM Re: Will Manifested Without Ritual? [Re: TheDegenerate]
SETHDOMINUS Offline

WE ARE ALL "WISHIES" at some level whether we know it or not
the fact that your emotional state was building torwards this event...ie hatred of this person and wishing him to shut up ..helped manifest this in reality...passion is the key here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406361 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements