Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#366929 - 12/30/08 11:59 PM The Dark Essence
ZackC Offline

Loc: WA
I want to ask you all about this. This is a term I am using specifically for this thread, but it can be called many different things.I would define as a hidden power in every individual that can be activiated, like a switch.. Its activation requires somekind of massive shock to an individual's natural ego. An example could be, winning the lottery, winning a boxing match, or banging a super model for the first time.

When I was 9 years old I had an older friend of about 12 who was unusually intrested in the occult. He performed a little ritual alone with one day and had completely convinced me that I was a werewolf. Looking back now I realze just how funny the whole situation was, but also gain an appreciation for it.
I was absolutely convinced that I had super-human strength and speed. I was so convinced that I did things that I would be terrified to do under normal cirumstances. I arm wrestled a friend of mine that always beat me and I completly won. I lost my fear of the medium height dive at the swimming pool, I said "Hi," to a girl I thought was cute. The list could go on, but the point is the undeniable effectivness of this wonderful use of imagination.I would love to have that feeling of invincibility back. I wish I could convince myself I had that power, because I realized that just the confidence alone can give a man the vigor to attain all his life goals. Indeed the most effective people in the world are those that are most able to convince themselves of their own greatness.

Does anyone have any stories where TSB originated ritual, or other influences have propelled him/her to do incredible things at a moment in time that seemed far beyond what they are normally capable of?

#366930 - 12/31/08 12:10 AM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: ZackC]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Disney covered this completely in the cartoon film Dumbo. Think of the red feather.

It's no wonder Doktor recognized the Satanic in 'ole Walt!

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#366987 - 01/02/09 12:52 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: ZackC]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
No stories off the top of my head, however have you ever heard of Lycanthropy? Its crazy you mentioned that...

#367269 - 01/04/09 10:13 AM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: ArtAche86]
Mr.Terrestrium Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arm's reach from a Glock 26
Tribulus terrestris, Yohimbe bark extract, Damiana leaves, Saw Palmetto fruit extract, and probably hundreds of other commercially available products will produce the same effects.

I take a supplement (which I won't name here) that makes me feel like I'm pretty bad-ass. This can give you extra self-confidence, or make you do and say stupid or inappropriate things, so be cautioned. I'm NOT a physician, and this is NOT medical advice, simply an observation for the astute. Consult someone who knows what they're doing.

The above statements aren't a knock on ritual, either. Again, just an observation on the wonderful potential that mastery of both self and earth can bring us.

Edited by Mr.Terrestrium (01/04/09 10:20 AM)
Edit Reason: contextual clarification

#367330 - 01/04/09 05:55 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Mr.Terrestrium]
Cato Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I have had similar experiences as the op. I had a very vivid dream and upon waking, I was convinced that I had godly powers. For a few days, it felt like I was invincible. The feeling eventually wore off, but the side effects have stuck with me ever since. I no longer have any qualms with striking up a conversation with the opposite sex and I have overcome most of my fears.

#375980 - 03/26/09 11:26 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Cato]
ZackC Offline

Loc: WA
That's absolutely spectactular! I wish I could do that so bad, just some how trick myself into believing something like that. Life would be a breeze! The Christians do it everyday to make their lives easier, only since their system is centered on appeasement of an outside entity there are problems. They are made to feel guilty everday for activities that humans have participated in for millions of years.

#376050 - 03/27/09 05:19 PM Challenging your limitations. [Re: ZackC]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Most people live their lives squeezed into the narrow confines of a prison cell of their own minds.

They assume they cannot do, that they cannot be, that they cannot have what they want in this world.

Throughout history the military understood that only by presenting and meeting challenges can an individual realize that he can exceed his own wildest expectations.

The basic training of a combat soldier today still follows this same rule of challenging the new recruit to surpass all that he formerly considered impossible.

Thus sleep is deprived, long marches with heavy packs are enforced, etc.

Like the SEAL trainees who survive "Hell Week", the more you press against your "limitations" the more you realize that you can actually do.

The potential of human beings is far, far beyond what most people consider "reasonable" or even "possible".

Whenever you get a taste of this, you never forget the feeling of power and confidence.

For a few it becomes a steady diet.

#376055 - 03/27/09 05:44 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: ZackC]
inky Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: ZackC
That's absolutely spectactular! I wish I could do that so bad, just some how trick myself into believing something like that. Life would be a breeze!

In my opinion, it's not so much the point of "tricking" yourself into believing something, its the realization that an obstacle can be overcome, or that the obstacle was never their in the first place.

In my experience, 9 times out of 10, if you want something, you have to earn it. There is, of course, always that rare occassion where you have to take it. Besides, nothing worth achieving in life is neccessarily a "breeze."

#376056 - 03/27/09 05:44 PM Re: Challenging your limitations. [Re: Nemo]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
Ah yes!
That sense of being actively calm, calmly active with involved detachment best initiates how the universe is our utility belt.
A fine example is the book on extreme athletes I posted on.
Talk about verging on transhumanism!
http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=374600&an=

#376059 - 03/27/09 05:54 PM Re: Challenging your limitations. [Re: Nemo]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

This sounds rather, attention grabby, but it is not meant as such. I want no further attention from this. I'm just saying this because it happened to me.

I have a severe mental illness and, through medication and therapy, have been able to overcome it. But the reason I bring this up at all is because since I endured and survived that, what can't I do now? I mean hell, what could be harder then feeling like you just lost your entire family all day everyday, for years?

My whole point being, what seems and feels like the absolute worst thing that could ever happen to you may actually be the best. Were it not for this, I never would have questioned my christian faith in search for relief, I never would've cast down my christian up bringing in disgust after analyzing it thoroughly and finding only lies and hypocrisy, I never would've found the Church of Satan website, I never would've picked up The Satanic Bible, and I never would've found out the truth once and for all.

Again, I do not wish for any further attention from this post. Anyone who does something solely for attention needs to be ignored that much more. But by being ignored they will desperately rant and rave and cause a bigger scene. But when no one comes to fill there lust for attention, they'll eventually stop, frustrated that their one and only way for social interaction has become their own undoing.

I'm just saying that the shock to the ego isn't always be an enjoyable one. Mine sure wasn't.

Hail Satan!
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#376067 - 03/27/09 07:45 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Mr.Terrestrium]
Ebenezer Scrooge Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Mr.Terrestrium
I take a supplement (which I won't name here) that makes me feel like I'm pretty bad-ass. This can give you extra self-confidence, or make you do and say stupid or inappropriate things, so be cautioned.

Jack Daniels? grin
----------------------------------

With that lame joke now out of my system, I'll reply to the topic of the thread.

I've felt a feeling like this before, the feeling that if you can do one thing, you can do anything. It came when I was 20. I took a habanero(sp?)jalapeno (I loves the spicy food) and tried it because I was told it was the hottest pepper that could be consumed by humans. After taking it, I felt like I could do anything. I felt like Superman must feel on a daily basis. If I could eat a wicked hot pepper, what couldn't I do?

Besides, its like Doc always says:

Originally Posted By: Emmit L. Brown
If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.

I don't mean to sound bitter,cold,or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.-Bill Hicks

#376152 - 03/28/09 07:29 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Ebenezer Scrooge]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Ebenezer Scrooge
Besides, its like Doc always says:

Originally Posted By: Emmit L. Brown
If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.

Taking into account the balance factor of course... wink

It's funny how many people who read 'self help' books are little more than cattle being milked by increasingly wealthy parasites and master manipulators. Most of these victims have about as much personality and potential as a plank of wood, and a useless, snivelling fool reciting affirmations 100 times in the morning that they don't really believe in is truly an amusing sight to behold...

"Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better" AHAHAHA!

True enough though, this Dark Essence is very familiar to me and a personal reservoir of immense power and almost limitless confidence. Stratification is the first step - seperating yourelf from the morass of 'humanity' and their dullard fears and limitations. Suspension of disbelief and finding your red feather, grasping it firmly in your trunk, and flapping your ears the final step...

It comes quite naturally to a Satanist... coopdevil You either have it or you don't (born, not made, no?).

#376173 - 03/28/09 11:03 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Hedonist]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
It's funny how many people who read 'self help' books are little more than cattle being milked by increasingly wealthy parasites and master manipulators. Most of these victims have about as much personality and potential as a plank of wood, and a useless, snivelling fool reciting affirmations 100 times in the morning that they don't really believe in is truly an amusing sight to behold...

"Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better" AHAHAHA!

It all depends on your perspective. Reading gets you know where. Application to get the results is what counts. I have benefited greatly from many titles that are considered "self help books". Two of them mentioned in this thread I own. But you are correct, standing in front of a mirror reciting useless drivel with no application in the real world is no different than using an ouja board or praying to Mary, Joseph, and Jesus.

Results trump opinion always.

#376177 - 03/28/09 11:42 PM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Unknown]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Oh, no arguing there - I've read a few myself in my time too, though I quickly get tired of sorting through a load of hippy, egalitarian Bullshit before hitting some occasional morsels worth digesting...

My point was that the vast majority of self help books are read by the types people whose absolute upper limit of potential is still scraping the bottom of the barrel. Most are, at best, a cookie cutter caricature of someone else succesful that they are trying to emulate - minus any actual raw talent, ability or personality (i.e. balance factor).

Case in point, 'Tony Robbins'. The man himself is almost certainly a defacto Satanist if you scratch the surface, but his followers are nothing but a bunch of mindless sheep...

Though very nicely fleeced sheep... Hehe.

HS!

#376279 - 03/30/09 12:46 AM Re: The Dark Essence [Re: Hedonist]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. High Priest Gilmore, Satanism: The Feared Religion.

Yes stratification is always key. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404445 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements