Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#366972 - 01/02/09 11:26 AM Cruel People
Charlie R Offline

Most shocking stories 2008

I'm mainly focusing on the woman who didn't get any attention at all in a psychiatric ward emergency room while waiting for nearly a day. She died after an hour but I can't believe no one noticed her at all. How can you not noticed a person laying faced down on the ground unconscious?! I found this very frustrating and it made me angry. As well as some of the other stories.

#366974 - 01/02/09 11:42 AM Re: Cruel People [Re: Charlie R]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Emergency Room Apathy: Esmin Green had been waiting nearly 24 hours in a New York psychiatric ward emergency room on June 19 when she fell face down onto the floor. As captured on a surveillance video that shocked the nation, hospital staff and other patients took a look at her but did nothing for an hour. Green died. <<

>> I'm mainly focusing on the woman who didn't get any attention at all in a psychiatric ward emergency room while waiting for nearly a day. She died after an hour but I can't believe no one noticed her at all. How can you not noticed a person laying faced down on the ground unconscious?! I found this very frustrating and it made me angry. <<

Did you know the woman?

It is quite surprising that this would happen in this manner in a hospital where none of the staff intervened.

But as surprising as it might be...

Some people are simply dispensable. That's just natural stratification. Personally, I see no reason to believe this woman had much to offer the world.

It's probably happened for the best. Or at least, with no actual negative impact on society. And with her demise the tax payer has saved a few pennies into the bargain.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#366980 - 01/02/09 12:38 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
>>
Did you know the woman?

Don't need to. Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care and not just looked over and left to die. I hope someone pays you the same respect someday rev.

#366983 - 01/02/09 12:41 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: hester moffet

Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care and not just looked over and left to die.

According to whom and what?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#366984 - 01/02/09 12:43 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care <<

In an egalitarian society that may be the general allusion to principles.

However, reality is something quite different.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#366986 - 01/02/09 12:48 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Why doesn't everyone deserve health care? Okay granted if you are a tax-payer sucking parasite who does nothing more than walk from your crackhouse to your mailbox to pick up your check (and you call that work), then I am in agreement, that individual does not deserve healthcare.

But just because this woman is crazy doesn't mean these healthcare workers had the right to let her sit there and die. Imagine how you would feel if you were in a bad car accident, bleeding out, and several ambulances and police just drove by and practically gave you the finger.

Responisbility to the Responsible. Those people had a responisbility to give that person health care. We can't just pick and choose, who we are going to at least try to save, and when.

#366988 - 01/02/09 12:55 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

If Reverend Bickely ever allowed his life to get to a point where his only option for getting help for a complete psychotic break, is sitting in the emergency room of a public hospital for poor people with a KNOWN HORRIBLE track record, I am pretty sure he'd agree he'd earned whatever happened to him.

Never known the chap to whine about anything that happened as a result of his choices.

But anyway, that's about as likely to happen as Svengali becoming a greeter at WalMart.

crossbones

#366992 - 01/02/09 12:57 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Your statement was: "Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care". Not "This woman deserved better consideration."

I am not disputing that the hospital may (We don't have all the details) have acted irresponsibly. Leaping from that to everyone deserves health care, however doesn't make sense.

Rev. Bickley pointed out the fallacy of your emotionally charged statement in his reply.

The argument "How would you feel..." or "How would you like it if..." is irrelevant to the discussion. The facts are what they are. Egalitarianism is not Satanic. Life and nature are harsh.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#366993 - 01/02/09 01:02 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Quaark]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> If Reverend Bickely ever allowed his life to get to a point where his only option for getting help for a complete psychotic break, is sitting in the emergency room of a public hospital for poor people with a KNOWN HORRIBLE track record, I am pretty sure he'd agree he'd earned whatever happened to him.<<

Tou(fucking)che! grin

I was about to say, if I end up in a place like that they are welcome to leave me dying!

And to Hester Muppet's other question:

"Why doesn't everyone deserve health care?"

I won't even dignify that with an answer.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#366998 - 01/02/09 01:23 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Cynicist Offline

It's a big step to assume that this neglected person was not a contributing member of our society. However, if this not is the case, then she should not have died. One of the major benefits of citizenship an American can expect is to have the services of a Hospital if needed. The problem with the previous statement in this day and age is that there are those who think they are entitled to something just because they were born here. Not everyone deserves health care; but all who deserve it should have access to it.

"...died beholden to nothin’ and nobody".

#366999 - 01/02/09 01:30 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Cynicist]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> It's a big step to assume that this neglected person was not a contributing member of our society.<<

She wouldn't have been in the place had she pulled herself up by her own bootstraps.

Water seeks its own level. And this is the bottom of the sludge-pool.

Reality is harsh.

Satanism doesn't view life as most people would like it to be. It sees life as it is.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#367001 - 01/02/09 01:40 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
Originally Posted By: hester moffet
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
>>
Did you know the woman?

Don't need to. Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care and not just looked over and left to die. I hope someone pays you the same respect someday rev.

There's no such thing as "equal opportunity".

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#367002 - 01/02/09 02:08 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ConquerOrPerish]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

That, what happened in hospital, was exemplar of total weakness and total ignorance. Such exemplars are happening around whole world on daily basis.
From humanity hardly could be expected something different.
So, there is too much talk about one dead woman. Can we step to another one? wink

#367003 - 01/02/09 02:12 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Cynicist Offline

Respectfully, just because a person is poor does not mean they are scum. Those who do not help themselves are; but there are those that cannot, or who are trying to become something better but still must resort to free clinics. Depending on handouts is abhorrent but taking advantage of those who offer assistance can be cunning and beneficial.

"...died beholden to nothin’ and nobody".

#367004 - 01/02/09 02:14 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43921 Topics
405743 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM