Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#367005 - 01/02/09 02:15 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Spelled Moon]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> That, what happened in hospital, was exemplar of total weakness and total ignorance. Such exemplars are happening around whole world on daily basis. <<

Dead right, Slovakian one.

But never mind all that. Just look at you looking all so pretty pretty in your new avatar.
grin

#367007 - 01/02/09 02:21 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Charlie R]
Gretchen Offline

That is a prime example of the effects of the world's carrying capacity (or lack thereof). When one of my fish go belly-up, the others swim right around it, pecking at it for anything useful. I'm surprised nobody went through that woman's pockets for cash or credit cards.

Does the dead fish deserve better care? Well, that depends. If it's a molly, then it will show signs of deterioration a week in advance. If it's a gourami, it will belly-up within minutes of a chemical change. In essence, mollies aren't fancy, but hardy. Gouramis are beautiful, but delicate. This is an ugly world, and I'm sure hospital staff can't tell one species from another.

If she was hardy and neglected, population control. If she was beautiful and delicate, population control. If people were not desensitized (especially in the health care field), it would lead to a malfunctioning system of emotion, and error.

Best wishes to her family. Perhaps they will get themselves checked up to date with their physicians to be sure they do not meet the same fate.

#367008 - 01/02/09 02:30 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Virginia
Quote:
Responsibility to the Responsible. Those people had a responisbility to give that person health care. We can't just pick and choose, who we are going to at least try to save, and when.

Well perhaps the women should have been more RESPONSIBLE and sought help prior to a psychotic break. I mean from what we know I think the situation is clear. The woman would not have been in that situation if she had taken the opportunity to address the problem before it got to that point. Her lack of attention to this matter makes me question what kind of person she is. Do we really want people who cannot recognize they need help running around in society?

Sure, you may deserve something because you paid your taxes or whatever but nature is nature.
If a person was psychotic and could be rehabilitated then I could see the relevance of your point.
However if they are beyond help then what value to society do they possess? I think if it is the latter than nature did what it had to.

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#367014 - 01/02/09 02:43 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: zodiac]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> if they are beyond help then what value to society do they possess? I think if it is the latter than nature did what it had to. <<

Not to mention the fact she didn't have the means to secure herself proper health care and was relegated to seek help in a medical dive.

As I have stated this is natural stratification.

If Bill Gates and myself contracted exactly the same disease who would we expect has the better chance of survival?

Of course, Bill Gates would. Should I complain about that? No. And good luck to him.

But let me explain what is going on in this thread. It's fear. No one here can actually feel any real sympathy for an unknown low-life whose death is reported in the news.

But these incidents demonstrate that the safety nets people like to believe are there in society, in actuality, are self-sufficient delusions.

And that frightens them. So they cry out about rights.

There are no safety nets. The God you save may be yourself.

Have I seemed harsh in this thread? I shouldn't sound unecessarily so, because I'm imparting Satanic wisdom here.

#367017 - 01/02/09 02:56 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

One of my favorite sayings come from a nuclear physicist with a naturally Darwinian bent.

"The only right anyone actually has, is the right to expect uninterrupted molecular cohesion. If suddenly deprived of this right, you have every right to complain quite bitterly."

wink

#367018 - 01/02/09 03:02 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: zodiac]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
I live in the Los Angeles area, around here in the E.R., unless you are bleeding profusely or threatening suicide, you will be forced to wait your turn, in some cases that could be a four-hour wait. We have a service here called 911, it's been around a while you may have heard of it, it's for the situations in which waiting is not an option. In this area the Health Care industry has fallen to pieces due to many factors including the flood of Illegal or Non-Documented Immigrants, Drug Abuse and so on,as a result my expectations of the quality of service one might come into contact with in an Emergency Room of any kind would be below standard under any circumstance by default. Responsible people, legitimate contributors to the process don't just walk into Emergency Rooms and die face down on the floor. I wish we knew all of the details behind this, I will bet that there is a good chance that if we did, we wouldn't be bashing the Hospital staff, as Satanists we would have no issue with Reverand Bickley's first response. In all honesty the Reverand's first response made me throw my fist into the air, they were the words of a True Satanist!

PS-Zodiac, my response wasn't directed at you but at the thread in general!!

Edited by Descendant (01/02/09 05:10 PM)

#367019 - 01/02/09 03:02 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
This has been taken completely out of context. I was merely under the delusion (as it seems to be) that these hospital workers have an obligation to take care of those that are in need of it. If there were no demand, there would be no supply. And if a hospital worker can descriminate on who it gives care to, then things could begin to look very bad for all of us.

Now let me correct myself by saying that everyone who is a productive member of society deserves a fighting chance at hospitilization and care.

I do not know if this woman was a productive member of society or not. It was a blanket statement, that a woman in a pyschiatric ward waited nearly a day for care, fell face down on the floor, and was walked over and left to die.

I seen injustice in that. I would guess that those on film could be sued in a legal system for their lack of action. I could be wrong (as has been proven in this thread).

To Witch S.Gardner, no I don't think anyone DESERVES to be a member. It is a personal choice, and should you want to be a member you should put up the money and not complain. I believe that you m'am, are making "mountains out of mole hills".

"Hester Muppet" +1 to you Mr. Bickley...I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Edited by hester moffet (01/02/09 05:35 PM)
Edit Reason: Gender Operation

#367020 - 01/02/09 03:13 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
I just read a snippet from a book I think i'll buy that just reminded me of why I have two ears and only one mouth (because I should listen twice as much as I speak on some occasions)

"Over 200 billion red blood cells a day die in the interest of keeping you alive. Do you anguish over their demise? Like those red corpuscles, you and I are cells in a social superorganism whose maintenance and growth sometimes requires our pain or eliminatiion, suppresses our individuality, and restricts our freedom. Why then is it of any value to us?" -The Lucifer Principle - Howard Bloom

#367021 - 01/02/09 03:46 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Gretchen Offline

"When a human spends weeks or month in space, his heart no longer has to labor mightily, pumping blood upward in defiance of gravity's force. The heart shrinks dramatically as the cells no longer deem themselves of value scale down to an existence just one step removed from death. The individual is a cell in the superorganism. When he feels he is no longer necessary to the larger group, he too, begins to wither away.", Bloom, Howard. The Lucifer Principle, New York, NY: Atlantic Monthly Press, 1995

What is so great about this quote is that you have half of people that believe that the individual controls their own natural being, and the other half believing that we are one, complete mass of existence. In either light, the woman's time had come. The Satanist may view more of the intricate detailing inside of life, which is key to social and and natural survival. Someone that studies population and earth sciences might deem the latter as more acceptable.

Either way, I think the original post brought up some interesting points of view. I, myself, try to look at it from a little of both points of view. If survival of the fittest (or needed as apart of a whole) can be explained by both in different terms, then the concept of "cruel" does not fit into the equation.

I hope you pick up this book. I don't agree one hundred percent with everything it projects, but it certainly made me think more on the subject.

#367022 - 01/02/09 03:49 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Charlie R]
TheAbysmal Offline

This just serves to demonstrate that the only person one can rely upon is him or herself. Even medical practicioners, some of whom have sworn an oath to preserve life, can and will find better things to do with their time when something better presents itself. And, that really could have been anything.

Perhaps everyone was embroiled in a real medical crisis, like an emerging pandemic.

Perhaps everyone was busy talking about the latest college football game at the water cooler.

That is the nature of dealing in handouts and freebies. You get what is given to you, unlike the rich man that gets what he bought... rich being a relative term here.

The old saying goes, "Life's not fair." I disagree. Life is harsh and harsh is fair.

Refuse to die.

#367023 - 01/02/09 03:52 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Originally Posted By: hester moffet
I believe that you sir, are making "mountains out of mole hills".

I didn't realize they gave the title "Witch" to "sirs".

whistle

#367024 - 01/02/09 03:58 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Virginia
Well said Reverend!

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#367039 - 01/02/09 05:13 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: ]
Alleycat Devil Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/triage/2008/07/esmin-greens-de.html

I fail to see this as an act of cruelty at all. As per the response in this article It seems it is simply an act of henious professional neglect on the part of the innitial nurse as well as the security staff.

In any case, cause of death was (according to a few site):

Quote:
thromboemboli--blood clots that traveled from her leg to her lung.
End qoute.

Thats Nature. Nature in and of itself is not cruel, as nature itself cannot act with malicious intent.

Reguardless of this womans mental state (or financial state or other traits implied) Nature caused the death,external incompitence simply was an added factor.

Why cry over Nature?

#367040 - 01/02/09 05:18 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Alleycat Devil]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Exactly!

I consider the main "crime" of the staff falsifying the records after the fact to avoid looking bad.

THAT is criminal.

#367041 - 01/02/09 05:22 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Alleycat Devil]
_Nophru_Ka_ Offline

I agree completely. You might as well bewail a rainstorm.

- Mike

Originally Posted By: Alleycat Devil
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/triage/2008/07/esmin-greens-de.html

Thats Nature. Nature in and of itself is not cruel, as nature itself cannot act with malicious intent.

Reguardless of this womans mental state (or financial state or other traits implied) Nature caused the death,external incompitence simply was an added factor.

Why cry over Nature?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements