Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#367207 - 01/03/09 07:34 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
>> Some people are simply dispensable. That's just natural stratification. Personally, I see no reason to believe this woman had much to offer the world.

Well, damn, Rev Bickley!! I couldn't have said this better myself!

Mina

#367208 - 01/03/09 07:37 PM Re: Changing it. [Re: Nemo]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Gosh Nemo! Everyone did hear what you said! Boy, I know you were trying to whisper and everything, but, you were actually talking a little louder than you had realized!

Now everyone knows the secret to Satanism! wink witch

#367212 - 01/03/09 08:13 PM Re: Changing it. [Re: MissMina1556]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Regarding everyone hearing & knowing this Secret, a certain Magister Sprague wrote in his book "The Gates of Hell": "Knowledge is not power. Applied knowledge is".

How many will hear & know, vs. how many will apply? wink

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#367215 - 01/03/09 08:43 PM Re: Changing it. [Re: Phineas]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
I never knew it was a choice! crossbones I will now apply my arse to my bed, I'm tired. smirk
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#367219 - 01/03/09 09:13 PM Re: Changing it. [Re: Danny Mc.]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Sleep well Nephilim!

#367228 - 01/03/09 10:57 PM Re: Changing it. [Re: Nemo]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:
What you offer has to be what they really want and it can't be fake or you will fail. Con jobs are pointless and short-lived.

But if you simply stop trying to change other people and offer them instead what they really want so that they will be satisfied with what you offer, you will have what you want.

And your world will be changed!

Like magic!

Well put Magister.

I enjoy the way you put things into simple perspective. Sometimes We make things far more difficult than they actually are.

The world is FULL of magic. How one waves the wand is what it all boils down to. Actions=results.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#367243 - 01/04/09 04:31 AM Re: Changing it. [Re: Nemo]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Magister Nemo,
This was a great post, on many levels, as far as I am concerned.

I do not care what they say about you down at the bar...
I think your a great guy!

Dark River

#367245 - 01/04/09 04:48 AM Re: Changing it. [Re: Nemo]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Lovely reading. smile

#367259 - 01/04/09 08:10 AM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida

Quote:
Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care and not just looked over and left to die. I hope someone pays you the same respect someday rev.

I am mainstream. I disagree with those who feel the woman should have been left to die, and disagree equally with those who feel that by virtue of existence one deserves to exist.

When the legislature produces a law granting everyone health care THEN I can get pissy about the lady dying on the floor.

If you are furious about it, do something about it. Work to get health care legislated for all.

In the meantime I suggest you work hard to have friends and family---others who will go to bat for you when it is needed. That way when it is your turn to need care there will be someone there screaming blue murder to guarantee your survival. Imagine what a person must have done to be utterly alone in an ER? Humans are social animals for a reason.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#367273 - 01/04/09 10:59 AM Re: Cruel People [Re: Ygraine]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Ygraine

In the meantime I suggest you work hard to have friends and family---others who will go to bat for you when it is needed. That way when it is your turn to need care there will be someone there screaming blue murder to guarantee your survival. Imagine what a person must have done to be utterly alone in an ER? Humans are social animals for a reason.

Y~

Well...you snooze you lose. I was going to write something along these lines sometime today...but I never found that roundtoit.

This touches on that third way we like to tlak about. In this case, not being so repulsive as to be so utterly alone; and, not being so clingy and needy as to atrophy any shred of dignity and self-worth you might have left.

There is an art in being responsible for your own life, while having the worth and value to others that would cause them to give you a hand, should you need it.

This is similar to what the herd crassly call "scratch my back and I'll scratch your".

But...since you said all that in one paragraph, there's no need for me to bother.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#367277 - 01/04/09 11:57 AM Re: Cruel People [Re: ArtAche86]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: hester moffet
Originally Posted By: WhiskeyBickley
>>
Did you know the woman?

Don't need to. Everyone deserves equal opportunities to health care and not just looked over and left to die. I hope someone pays you the same respect someday rev.

The issue for me is that if the system happens to fail some Jane Schmo I don't care about, there's a chance it might fail me in a similar way someday, too, even after I've done as much research and work as humanly possible. Of course, regardless of what I think about other people, I do think I'm important and not expendable, and that I do have a right to proper health care, considering I pay for it (either directly or through insurance.)

Well, and if a woman's allowed to drop dead in a hospital waiting room without anyone noticing or doing anything about it, where else might there be holes and flaws in the system? What if that incompetence and apathy spreads to other areas of the health care system? Of course a smart Satanist should do ample research before popping a pill, choosing a doctor, or going under the knife, but accidents happen, and incompetent people do tend to slip in through the cracks, and even the nicer hospitals and HMOs have their share of nitwits on staff or on the board. Believe me, I've been dealing with it since the day I was born.

Anyway, how does a woman happen to languish and die in a hospital waiting room without anybody noticing? Here's how:

1) Diffusion of responsibility. Human beings readily assume someone else will "take care of it," and so they will pass by crashed cars and crumpled bodies on the sidewalk without a second thought. You are much more likely to be helped if you and your would-be rescuer are the only people around at the time of your accident.

2) Human beings take hints from one another on how to behave. If nobody panics or expresses concern, then everyone assumes there's nothing to worry about. Of course, nobody wants be seen as a rebel, a square, a loony, or a fuddy-duddy, so even if they have "unpopular" personal concerns, they'll squelch 'em.

It has everything to do with laziness, apathy, and conformity, and very little to do with actual cruelty.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#367280 - 01/04/09 12:19 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: TrojZyr]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> The issue for me is that if the system happens to fail some Jane Schmo I don't care about, there's a chance it might fail me in a similar way someday, too. <<

"The System"

Yes.

Like I said in another post in this thread, the safety nets people like to believe are there are actually illusions.

There are no saftey nets. Like it or not; what is, is.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#367282 - 01/04/09 12:29 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:
There are no saftey nets. Like it or not; what is, is.

Exactly!

No one is afforded a safety net. No one is afforded 'equal opportunity'.

WHAT A JOKE!

One of the things I have loved best about My life AND about Satanism is that Satanist see the world AS IT IS, NOT as one would like it to be.

Life is fucking ROUGH at times. It is a roller coaster if you will.

Nothing is promised. NOTHING is for certain.

Get a straw and suck it up! And YES I can speak from experience.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#367283 - 01/04/09 12:36 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Granted. But, the fact that the safety nets are faulty doesn't do ME a lot of good. I can't perform my own surgeries. I can't administer or create all of my own medications. I can't forge my own orthotics. And, when I have problems, I can diagnose myself with only so much accuracy, and treat myself with only so much skill.

To a great degree, I rely upon the system for goods and services I can't create or provide myself. So, it's only fair that I take an interest in whether society's safety nets are in good condition or not. It's very easy for completely able-bodied, independent, and healthy people to say c'est la vie to this sort of thing, but I can't be as footloose and fancy free.

Just because the safety nets are faulty doesn't mean we shrug and call it a day. If enough safety nets break, you ultimately end up with a totally broken third-world corrupt shithole society that isn't fun for anyone.

Hospitals, police departments, schools, restaurants, manufacturers, etc.---they all need to be held to a standard. And, if they fall below a given line, they should be promptly fixed, or axed.

Of course we should always err on the side of assuming that people are nitwits and the system may be flawed. People should do research before just letting some random doctor guide them down the primrose path. People should also realize that you typically get what you pay for.

But, every time I go into a restaurant, I don't want to have to seriously worry about finding a cockroach in my pad thai. I don't want to have to worry if the ceiling in the library is going to come down on my head. I don't want to have to wonder if the doctor my HMO's making me go to got his degree from an online diploma mill or an accredited university. When I take some form of medication, I don't want to have to worry about whether the pharmacist or somebody else pissed in the bottle. It's reasonable to have standards as to how certain institutions and systems should operate. Acknowledging and coping with what IS doesn't have to be the first and the last step in the process. The culture wouldn't ever progress if people were only content to merely survive and cope, rather than dream, work, build, and thrive.

Well, and a lot of Satanists are decidedly (and rightly) upset when the situation at hand involves tortured animals, abused children, an unjustly freed criminal, or a loss of First or Second Amendment rights. I'm not the only one with hopes and standards; everyone has a sense of what constitutes proper decorum and justice.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#367284 - 01/04/09 12:36 PM Re: Cruel People [Re: Evil_Eve]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> No one is afforded 'equal opportunity <<

As I alluded to in my other post, the idea that we cannot discriminate is all under the same umbrella, a self sufficient delusion.

In reality, we can pick and choose. And people do! every day. In the absence of more complete knowledge we all choose how to treat someone based soley on our judgement of how they look - or on how we perceive their actions.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements