Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#368255 - 01/12/09 09:13 AM Introduction
JHamilton Offline

Loc: Hockingport, OH, USA
My name is James Hamilton, I am a Hocking College student and Anime Fan. I will be hosting a Satanism 101 group at Hocking Fall of '09 in order to help inform people about Satanism in it's true form. If anyone has any ideas as to things I should cover or subjects that should be discussed please let me know.

#368257 - 01/12/09 09:19 AM Re: Introduction [Re: JHamilton]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Why bother hosting a "Satanism 101" group? If anyone is truly interested all they need to do is read The Satanic Bible, which isn't hard to find.

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#368259 - 01/12/09 09:26 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Bloodfire]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

1. I agree with you 100%.

2. And beyond that, since Satanism is NOT one of the proselytizing religions, even the idea itself is inherently un-Satanic and gives a wrong impression just by itself.

3. And finally, no disrespect intended to the original poster, but I have no reason to assume this would be an accurate presentation of the basics of Satanism anyway, as it hasn't been spelled out what he means by that. See point #2 above.

This is not an idea I'd support overall.

#368262 - 01/12/09 10:32 AM Re: Introduction [Re: JHamilton]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

It would be like going from house to house and knocking on the door...

#368273 - 01/12/09 12:07 PM Re: Introduction [Re: ]
JHamilton Offline

Loc: Hockingport, OH, USA
I understand what each of you is saying but allow me to explain my reasoning. This is not something I am doing in order to advertise Satanism or even to really teach Satanism. The idea is spurred from the fact that Hocking College is surrounded by Churches and hosts several "Bible Studies" every week. I am doing this for 3 reasons.

1. To prove that Christian Churches cannot go around pushing their lies and ideals on to everybody around without being apposed.

2. To gather together those who already have a Satanic viewpoint but have never been introduced to it as anything other than what the media presents.

3. Last, but not least, JUST TO PISS OFF THESE CHRISTIAN IDEALISTS WHO WALK AROUND THE COLLEGE WITH THEIR DAMN PAMPHLETS TRYING TO HAND THEM TO ME!

In other words, primarily I'm wanting to do it as a "blaspheme" against the Christian Hypocrites that love to think they are invincible. If I am wrong then by all means tell me for this is the reason I put it up on this Board. I am fairly new to Satanism as I just discovered it roughly 4 months ago, I learn by trial, error, and study. I throw ideas out there and if they are opposed for being "non-satanic" in purpose then I know that I have that much more to study and understand. This is how I learn and grow, Satanism offers many of my own ideals with a more refined approach this is how I perfect my understanding of Dr. Lavey's teachings. I hope this clears everything up as to what I meant in the orignal post. I am here to learn which means I take no offense to any criticism, all criticism helps me learn that much more.

Thank You

#368282 - 01/12/09 12:54 PM Re: Introduction [Re: JHamilton]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
What exactly will you gain by "pissing off" your peers?

Enemies, perhaps?

A harder time in college?

Instead of explaining what Satanism stands for, try applying what Satanism is--manipulate them to your benefit--use Lesser Magic covertly to achieve and succeed in school.

Be the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Don't become the walking target.

Then, when you've achieved and excelled by applying Satanism to your daily endeavors, if someone does find out they will really understand Satanism better.

Lead by example.

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#368283 - 01/12/09 01:10 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Bloodfire]
MBaalberith Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA, Earth
I understand what you mean. Sorry for this change in User all of a sudden but I forgot my log in info for this account and created a new one. I found my log in info so for clarification MBaalberith is JHamilton and I thank you for helping me to understand true Satanism that much more. Like I said if I had done it I was just going to let them read "The Satanic Bible" to introduce them to it's true form. However, I now no why this is not the proper approach and would probably make me no better than the Christians who I am opposing. Once again, Thank You.

#368292 - 01/12/09 03:15 PM Re: Introduction [Re: MBaalberith]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

It was explained to me early on that we are not at war with them.

We live our lives and they live theirs.

HS!

#372669 - 02/23/09 08:59 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Ice Claw]
downpeninsula Offline

Loc: NY, NY
I could use a group to discuss and help me better understand the Satanic Bible and scriptures, to offer new perspective. While this particular gathering doesn't sound desirable I would be interested in participating in a group discussion about LaVey's teachings.

#372680 - 02/23/09 10:20 AM Re: Introduction [Re: JHamilton]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: JHamilton
My name is James Hamilton, I am a Hocking College student and Anime Fan. I will be hosting a Satanism 101 group at Hocking Fall of '09 in order to help inform people about Satanism in it's true form.

There seems to be a conflict of interests here. The CoS already have members of the clergy who handle what you could call publicity for the church.

If you want to do anything to promote Satanism publicly you may want to talk this over with the members of the clergy to make sure that this is framed correctly, i.e. that you do not appear to act as a member of the church or an official representative if you are not.

No need to get on the wrong foot with people who could prove important to you later in your career as a Satanist.

#372715 - 02/23/09 05:01 PM Re: Introduction [Re: downpeninsula]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
I could use a group to discuss and help me better understand the Satanic Bible and scriptures, to offer new perspective.

New perspective?

The SATANIC BIBLE as well as THE SATANIC SCRIPTURES are written very clearly and require no interpretation.

If you don't get it then you don't get it.

It is just that simple.

#372718 - 02/23/09 05:24 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Unknown]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
Originally Posted By: Unknown
Quote:
I could use a group to discuss and help me better understand the Satanic Bible and scriptures, to offer new perspective.

New perspective?

The SATANIC BIBLE as well as THE SATANIC SCRIPTURES are written very clearly and require no interpretation.

If you don't get it then you don't get it.

It is just that simple.

I was going to post the same reply when I read that post, but you beat me to it. Needless to say, I agree 110% The books were written, IMO so as anyone can understand them and grasp the philosophy and ideas put fourth in the writings.

I was wondering, downpeninsula; are you a "Theistic satanist"? I am not trying to be insulting, it's just something I was wondering about.

Edited by J.A. Umpherville (02/23/09 08:51 PM)
Edit Reason: Wrong username in my question.

#372725 - 02/23/09 06:35 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
all hallows
Unregistered

0h n0z!!!11!!!11!one!

#372838 - 02/25/09 08:55 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
downpeninsula Offline

Loc: NY, NY
Actually, your reply helped me a great deal. In a way, it offered me a new perspective. It's not so much the Satantic Bible that I struggle with as some of LaVey's subsequent writings like the Satanic Rituals, etc. It gets a little esoteric for me, so perhaps "new perspective" isn't the phrase but simply to gain a sharper understanding of the obvious. I'm not looking to interpret so much as become more skilled at intuiting the message. Thanks so much for your reply. No, I'm not theistic in any way.

#372841 - 02/25/09 09:15 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Unknown]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I would like to expand on that, just a little bit. I don't not agree with what you wrote. The text is written so that anyone should be able to understand it. There are those who seem sure there must be something they just aren't getting, because all the BS found in most religions just isn't there.

I remember my first, honest reaction when I finally bought a copy of TSB,and later, the other titles by Dr. LaVey. My thought was, "This is so damn small!" I was deceived.

While the language is straightforward,and one either gets it or not, as time goes by, the reflective person will find that each reading bares as much fruit as the last. It's like one of those sci-fi movies where there is this small building; but, when you enter, there is all of this room. You wonder how it was done. Well...in the movies,it's as simple as props. With TSB, it's good writing.

So, there is much more to it than one's initial reaction to reading TSB...but group studies seem hardly conducive to deep reflection.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
13160 Members
73 Forums
44437 Topics
407308 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold